It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla the anti-semite, Einstein the babbling plagiarist, & Hawking the vegetable

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No-one is covering up anything.

I edited my earlier post to deal with the 'faster-than-light' issue you raised. Go back and take a look, and click the link I added to find out more.

The Cherenkov phenomenon is reasonably common and most people with a genuine interest in physics are familiar with it. If it isn't public knowledge, that's because hardly anybody is interested.

From the page linked in my previous post:

The discovery of Cherenkov Radiation won Pavel Alekseyevich Cherenkov the Nobel Prize in 1958.

edit on 26/7/13 by Astyanax because: I wanted to add the quote.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

How would a neutron being capable of travelling faster than light in certain conditions be covering up FTL technology? That's like saying that since they've "teleported" a proton (or was it a photon?) across a room, they're covering up transporter technology. Just because something happens in nature doesn't mean we have the technology to take advantage of it yet.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I have seen a classic 'flying saucer' in real life and I will die saying that because it's true.
I know what I saw, I know all of you claim it doesn't exist, but I am not daunted by such claims from those who simply don't know the truth of reality.

I don't care if you don't believe, you didn't see it how could you know?? You cannot know until you see it yourself. I didn't know until I saw it so I can understand.

There's nothing to argue about here. I will never change on this, and I doubt any of you will until you see it.
So we can leave it at that.

It's only a matter of time till the rest of the world catches up and finds out what's really going on.
I am patient.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

But no matter what the personal demons that affronted these men were, their accomplishments work. To deny this fact is to embrace ignorance. Can their accomplishments be exceeded? Yes! Absolutely! That is what science does! Someday I am sure that Einsteins musings will lead to a new theory more inclusive of all phenomena, just as his work expanded Newton's work.

Sadly not everyone sees it that way, there seems to be a resurgence of "since I can't understand it, it's all baloney" going around. And some things, sure, there is room for questioning, but some tried and true, repeatable and falsifiable facts, you just can't ignore that.

I do think we're on the verge of a unified theory, I think the realities of quantum mechanics, and the theories of string theory, will eventually flush out the reality of the situation. But something has to give, we've completely the quantum set, we've proved a bunch of quantum mechanics (everything we've ever tested) but string theory so far can't produce a single testable idea.

But part of string theory meshes perfectly with the math, and as quantum theory taught us, that's a good good thing. Extra dimensions of space, not alternate realities or universes, but extra dimensions we can't perceive would explain the absence of 97% of the universes matter, as well as the weakness of gravity compared to the other known forces.

As long as people continue to strive to find the truth, we'll keep learning, and no amount of bickering or silliness like the OPs continual ridiculous threads, will ever change the truth.

Did Einstein steal his theory? Maybe, maybe he did, but if he's an illiterate boob who was bad at math, he sure fooled every single physicist on earth. As well, he was pretty lucky to make a bunch of insane claims and have them all, all of them, proven to be accurate.

The three men slandered in this OP are all geniuses, and in their own ways, each one of them changed the world, you can't even pretend to deny that. But... the OP will.

Because "god did it" is such a cleaner more precise answer I guess.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It was a photon, and it was actually a few miles from 1 island to another.

But here's the thing, it's not transported. It's copied at the quantum level and copied on the other end, but to do this, the original must be destroyed.

The potential is there for transporter technology, but it's far far into the future.

I'm not well versed on it, but I do recall those "faster than light" neutrinos we detected were infact not traveling faster than light, it was a calibration error.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Yeah, I remember the experiment said that it was copied over in another portion of the lab, and it could theoretically lead to transporters, in a long time, but couldn't remember all the details.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

So how does that equate to people on earth hiding FTL technology?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
faster than light travel isn't really possible. the trouble is that photons move at the maximum rate that time can pass. if you pass that speed, you'd be going backwards relative to everyone else.

what CAN be done is bending space. shortening the distance between two points so that the overall time to reach the points would be faster than light traveling normally, however the speed of light is never violated.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Since the title of this thread is so offensive I ignored the OP's negative commentary. I did, however, enjoy the comments made by other posters. They were educational.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

No-one is covering up anything.

Now that was epic.
Thanks for that I know you are joking now heh.
I almost thought you were serious, I guess I am a little gullible sometimes.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Tesla's upbringing had a lot to do with any antisemitism he had. He was not preoccupied with Jews like some people are, and like some here on the ATS seem to be at times. He was a scientist and that's all. His views on the curvature of space were based on what was known at the time and doesn't reflect on any achievements he made. Think about that when you turn on the lights, use the radio or Tv, or use many of the thousands and thousands of things that his work made possible today.

Einstein, same thing on science. Even today we are finding out things we never knew before. And btw, he was a math genius.

On Hawkins I have no argument. He insisted that hawking radiation would prevent micro black holes from forming within the Earth due to CERN activity. The jury is still out on that one. But he was willing to roll the dice on his word alone.

I just don't see what the point of scientist bashing is. What's the point?

edit on 26-7-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Miss! Never trust a Jew!
Sourced
To a secretary, as quoted in Tesla: Man Out of Time (1998) by Margaret Cheney, ISBN 0743215362 , p.165 (footnote)

Still hearsay. I would not trust government, FBI or publishing review where Tesla
is concerned. It just shows how down and dirty it gets. And why Bill Lyne
published his own books on Tesla's work.

We also have bell hops that say they knew Tesla and told them all his secrets.

The first book on Tesla was repeatedly rewritten to pass FBI review to keep
details away from the public.

By the time Cheney makes a book we get things put in to diminish Tesla again.
Bill Lyne and other honest researchers on Tesla have original material that
indicate the word propelling changed to repelling in an effort to say Tesla never
had his ether ship developed and proven.

Ether theory just happens to include universal perpetual motion.
We can not have people thinking like that.
But they did back then when only Tesla broke through with high voltage to overcome
the ether insulation and make available the electrically charged universe in solids and air
to control their forces for propulsion.

Divert and concert all for this Tesla fellow has grown into an industry including Aliens and
UFOs to confuse and bewilder. UFO lights and hidden in photos are completely explainable
by Tesla's work for air and gases and the unknown ships when landed or completely visible
are all Tesla ships developed in secret.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

All right, if you insist on precision to the point of pedantry: no-one is covering up anything about faster-than-light travel by neglecting to mention that some cosmic rays contain neutrons. Cherenkov radiation has been known about since the 1950s. Satisfied?

If not, chew on this: faster-than-light travel is I M P O S S I B L E. Not 'impossible with our present technology'; not 'impossible according to our current scientific knowledge': just plain impossible, now and for ever. Yes, there are some qualifications to this statement. One we have already mentioned is that when we say 'faster-than-light', we mean faster than the speed light travels in a vacuum. Another is that the metric expansion of space carries very distant objects away from the us at superluminal velocities, which is why the universe we can see is smaller than the universe we know exists. A third is good old 'spooky action at a distance', which appears to show that information can get from A to B without physically crossing the intervening distance. In spite of all this, the statement stands.

I respect your testimony from personal experience, but surely you must see that it doesn't apply here. If the flying saucer you saw had been moving faster than light, you wouldn't have seen it. Still, I know you of old, and I know that while you are quite rational on some subjects you are quite impervious to reason on others. I don't expect to change your mind, but I can at least hope to correct such erroneous impressions as you might leave on the minds of others.

edit on 26/7/13 by Astyanax because: of an unmentionable punctuation mark.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Notice how quickly they are jumping in damage control mode to try and steer your new understanding to still keep you from the truth? That's no accident.

And my purpose was not to bash Tesla or Hawking, only Einstein. But I didn't want to give it overtly away.

BTW there's nothing derogatory in saying Hawking is brain dead and a vegetable. It's tragic. It's the lowest form of life (TPTB) that would do this to someone. THAT's what I'm degrading, not him.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Sadly not everyone sees it that way, there seems to be a resurgence of "since I can't understand it, it's all baloney" going around. And some things, sure, there is room for questioning, but some tried and true, repeatable and falsifiable facts, you just can't ignore that.

Not sure if it is a resurgence or just that it moved back into the spotlight. When Einstein proposed Special Relativity, he was literally the butt of jokes in scientific circles... until people started finding evidence to support his claims.

I believe a lot of it simply goes to ignorance and apathy, two things modern society has in abundance. Ignorance of the fact that science, despite claims to the contrary in many cases as reported by the media and even the pop-sci magazines, does not have all the answers. It probably never will, although that is the goal. We learn using science and advance our knowledge. The physics that enable us to talk across the globe on a handheld device existed during the time of Moses... but no scientist had realized its potential. The science that tomorrow may change our lives in as profound a way exists today; we still have to discover it.

All of these discoveries build on the work of those who came before us. If not for Pythagorus, Newton and Liebniz could not have discovered calculus. Without calculus, Hawkings could not have contemplated the workings of black hole. Without Tesla, Henry Ford could not have perfected the automobile assembly plant. Without Bell, cell phones would not be possible, and without Marconi, Bell would just be another tinkerer.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Awesome post. I agree.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
None of these people ever claimed any moral superiority or God-like status.

I'd think that Gandhi, Mandela or Mother Teresa would be greater subjects as moral beings, especially as they are often described as saints.

Mandela was a terrorist, that's why he spent many years on robin island, or whatever it was called.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
How would you explain this op?

Scientists have subjected Albert Einstein's famous theory of gravity to its toughest real-world test so far—and it has prevailed

Albert Einstein's theory of relativity has stood the test of time and a recent study by an international team of astronomers and 7,000 light years of space have once again proved he's been right all along.Scientists measured bursts of energy from a super-dense neutron star to put the General Theory of Relativity, which was first published in 1915, through its toughest test yet. According to the study, which was published in the April 26 issue of Science, the experiment showed gravity crumpled spacetime in just the way Albert Einstein predicted in his theory.
phys.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Awesome post. I agree.

I had to stick with Tesla but the other topics can involve Tesla as well.
The Hawking topic brings this up.
Math that ain't.
Why take a gravity mass force equation and apply it to light and make a back hole.
Come on everybody did that and its not physics.

Something we can't see that makes a lot of light around it.
A black hole or radio star Tesla style just like his ship does in hover that illuminates
the gasses around it. Don't pay attention when Tesla says even with air taken out
of a tube the brightness increases cause space is a void and only empty headed
non doctorates can think otherwise.

Take a Lorentz equation and keep on giving it reason to have mass increase with
speed is another miss application especially to Tesla who found faster than light
speed particles. Tesla is totally unsupported by the science overlords.

The Lorentz mentions negative charges somehow overcoming the nuclear mass
to create weightlessness is somehow exactly what happens in Tesla's charge
shifting propulsion getting negative charge to pull his ship while dumping out
positive charge behind.

Black holes and particle speed math are blocks to Tesla views.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Space is warped by gravity in the same way Tesla said space had insulation
to his voltage. Scientists use models and talk how gravity sees things or
voltage sees things.

However I've seen light do weird things from UFOs I assume
have high voltage waves and think the star waves are more naturally what
Tesla discovered in electrical forces of nature than what is said about gravity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join