It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla the anti-semite, Einstein the babbling plagiarist, & Hawking the vegetable

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by interupt42

Don't be fooled or impressed by that. You can't compare today’s MATH to MATH back than.

It doesn't matter how difficult math was back then, it's still a myth that he failed math in school.

LOL, I think you missed my attempt at sarcasm
Besides that the reason they didn't have to apply the formulas we used today back than was because they were developing them.
edit on 25-7-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Don't be fooled or impressed by that. You can't compare today’s MATH to MATH back than.

It doesn't matter how difficult math was back then, it's still a myth that he failed math in school.

LOL, I think you missed my attempt at sarcasm

lol well with the way ATS is these days you're going to have to be a bit clearer with your sarcasm, especially in a thread like this.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

You are a silly boy. Einstein proved that massive objects bend light during photographs of solar eclipses here stars that were behind the sun were visible due to gravitational forces

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

edit on 26-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Ohhh just forget about it!... OP = time waster

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
None of these people ever claimed any moral superiority or God-like status.

I'd think that Gandhi, Mandela or Mother Teresa would be greater subjects as moral beings, especially as they are often described as saints.

But I also wonder about Jesus being the inspiration for all kinds of right-wing family organizations.
It seems He didn't have a normal family, but instead had two daddies and one mommy.
He denied His own mother and didn't create a family of His own.
Is that really a good example for a family organization?

I also don't see Him playing football for big cash.

It doesn't say either way.

I'm just wondering why one should expect certain things from people who didn't promise them.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Last time I will respond to the OP here.
Disgusting that you compare a person with Motor Neuron Disease to a vegetable absolutely disgusting.
Also are any mods here today?
edit on 26-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Well let's just say that I've never owned a Chevy.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by blindprometheus

I think too much credit is given to scientists, that get face time on media. Their faces become like stamps of approval on any idea. You know its good science (chicken), because Michio Kaku (Colonel Sanders) worked with it. It doesn't matter who tested (cooked) it or what theory (chicken) it was pulled from. We all know we eat and buy this sales pitch every where. We all have trusty faces on our trust based money, no matter the bird it was pulled from. I disagree somewhat about Tesla being played as an image. Until modernly, much was done to put him on the back shelves of history.

Well put, and he's still not getting the credit he fully deserves. Behind the scenes, though you bet his technological breakthroughs are being utilized by the gov't if nothing else.

And we certainly don't want free energy for the world, so had to shut him down real quick. It's another sad testament for humanity that he gets ridiculed and Edison gets extolled.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Well that all depends on if one takes the word anti-semite derogatorily, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Any wonder he had to marry a math whiz to do his calculations for him?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Nice thread, just posting so I can read it up more thoroughly

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
s & f bud i like to see someone have a good rant at science are you phage's little brother .

nice to know me and tesla think alike on one thing

It's hard to deny the obvious.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Yeah they try to rewrite history on the net to keep their fledgling god from looking like an idiot. Just like the Chinese did at T Square. But the facts are still the facts.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Cosmic rays do not go faster than light.

Just don't.

All it takes is a simple look into the matter, wiki if nothing else. Not terribly hard.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Don't cut yourself on that edge mate. Summer sure is here.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

And what does that prove but that light has mass?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Glad to hear it.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

I'm not sure what you're implying.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It's hard for me to take Einstein seriously, seeing even his name in German means "one-stone". But that's just a personal quibble, the bigger problems for me is that he worked at a patent office and had a wife that would put many of today's mathematicians to shame.

So truthfully, I believe Einstein's wife (Mileva) was the real brains behind it all. Makes sense seeing that even though she was already in a position not given to many females, many men wouldn't take a woman's theories seriously unless they were theories of how to make dinner better.

I love Tesla though I could care less about his personal opinions. As for Hawking, calling him a vegetable isn't fair. Although I do see the point you're making, I don't agree with it.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Man you really don't give up, so we all poo poo'd on your "final nail in sciences coffin" so now you are getting desperate no?

Who cares if Tesla was an antisemite? It doesn't change the fact that his science, and technology, worked. And you really have the nerve to call someone with a degenerative disease a vegetable? Beyond the fact that he wasn't always like that, as the disease progresses it gets worse, you do understand how tactless that is? How purely vile that thread title alone is.

Don't you?

Of course you do, because you think the only way for you to "win" is to appeal to the emotions of those of us not talking completely out of our asses. But see, it doesn't matter how offended or angry I get, that doesn't change the fact that you are talking out of your ass, and are completely ignorant of the things you claim to be wrong.

Facts don't give a crap about someones racism. They also don't change because you are ignorant.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join