It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

We are studying poop. Nothing else.

page: 1
12
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Original context...


Imagine that you were only in a position to detect, observe, and categorize the emissions of an engine.

Yes... basically it means what if you could only make scientific observations of "poop".

How much information about the motivations of the "pooper" do you think you would be capable of deducing? Especially considering that anything considered "useful" to the "pooper" is never given to you. Only that which is rejected. Meaning, that which is rare in the poop, but abundant in the pooper's world will not be accurately reflected to you. That which is abundant in the poop is not useful in the pooper's world.

What sort of models do you think the scientific method, as wonderful as it is, will be capable of constructing?

Empires of Poop?

No matter what worldview you hold... the undeniable fact is that every observation we make is of the OUTCOME of some process. Whether it is a conscious process, a mechanical process, a mathematical process, a thought process, I don't care. It is the "output". Output is poop. Period. Many "things" go in, something "different" (depending on the "process") comes out.

Otherwise the input and output would be identical and there would be no perceivable change. In order for there to be a perceivable change, "something" must be "converted" into "something else".

We are the poop of whatever it is that generates us. Theist, materialist, don'tcareist... doesn't matter.

Poop Be Upon You
/namasalute
edit on 25-7-2013 by ErgoTheEgo because:





posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheEgo
 


The field of scatology agrees with you!

There's plenty you can learn about a thing from its poop though: diet, health, types of diseases it suffers from, even by the absence of particular things you can learn what it absorbs in order to maintain health and wellness.

And heck, we've even learned that transferring one thing's poop into another thing can cure the second thing of its own problems.

The study of poop is wonderful, and teaches us all kinds of stuff!

...and now I've got to go wash my hands of this thread forever...

S&F for you!


~ Wandering Scribe



posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I truly wish I had something intelligent to say to your post but I don't. Shaking head and looking forward to replies.



posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So do we eat poop too?


Thanks for the visual.



posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
One word comes to mind.

Craptastic

Yup that’s all I can think of.



posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So, basically, it's a really crappy world out there. We're just very intelligent turds in the bowl and are endlessly fascinated with studying and working with all the crap around us.

Well, that just stinks to think about!

S/F for an entirely new approach for thought! lol....
edit on 25-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'm poopified from studying poop....I can see your recyclable learning,growing off of the excess and exceling point.
...s/f



posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheEgo
 


Something we all do. Output. Poop is beautiful—although the images that notion conjures are not.

Maybe we long to much for the toilet, and not to release ourselves within it...never mind, it's difficult to appear profound here.

Genius thoughts, my friend.



posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
 




So do we eat poop too?


Yep, it's called a giant poop sandwich and we all got to take a bite. That is unless you have a lot of bread then the amount of poop you have to eat is less. No bread...well you get the picture.

Isn't it just wonderful to find out we are all in the loo taking a swim thinking it's a lovely pool full of interesting things.



posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Nice concept really. Everything is processed from something, even the rocks may have been the poop of the stars or other larger heavenly bodies.

I think dirt is the perfect stuff, really. The plants grow out of the richness of the dirt, and create such magnificent stuff. Dirt is really bug poop, insects and bacteria, which consume the dying and dead plants, herbivores, carnivores, their poop, and even the parasites.

I don't know if we can call trees poop. Plants consume the death and poop of all things, and create such magnificent stuff. Nor do I think you can call animals poop, but they subsist on the transformation of poop into such amazing things.

Circle of life and all that.



posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
I truly wish I had something intelligent to say to your post but I don't. Shaking head and looking forward to replies.


i was going to say what a load of c--p lol

as i had nothing else to say sorry



posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ahhh so this is why it feels like i am always trying to polish a turd lol
It also could explain why sh!t is my favorite word. All i will ever do is talk sh!t

Poop said backwards is still poop.
May the poop be with us all...at least once a day to be regular.



posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So do we eat poop too?


Thanks for the visual.


You may regret asking that question because the answer is Yes, in a roundabout way we do.


Though we are born without them, bacteria inhabit our body within seconds of our birth. They live in our mouths, around our eyes, in our digestive systems, under our arms and in the shoots of our hair. Most are helpful or at least harmless. The three or so pounds of bacteria living in our gut—mostly in the large intestine—help us digest all manner of food.


"The complex and branched sugars found in fruits and vegetables pose a challenge for the human body and are degraded mostly by the gut microbes,"

We are what we eat after we feed the bacteria in our gut, they break down complex sugars and our gut then absorbs this poop as a form of nutrients.... eeerrr yummy !
Source



We can't live without this symbiotic union, and the bacterial digestive byproducts...

Gut microbes, which help humans degrade otherwise indigestible plant material, acquire some crucial digestive enzyme genes from the bacteria in the food we eat, according to a study published this week in Nature. This new finding provides an example of horizontal gene transfer by which diet can influence the genetic diversity and functionality of the human gut microbiome.


"I think we're at the tip of the iceberg here. Human diet is so diverse, I think that we're just getting an initial glimpse of what's likely to be really huge area of variation that differentiates populations of humans." The human digestive tract harbors trillions of bacteria, many of which establish lifetime, symbiotic relationships with their hosts. The food we eat nourishes our gut flora, and those bacteria feed us with the products and byproducts of their own digestive activities. Consequently, the gut microbiome has evolved to encode a variety of digestive enzymes, for example, those that break down hard-to-digest polysaccharides in food plants, such as celery, broccoli, and other vegetables.


new finding provides an example of horizontal gene transfer by which diet can influence the genetic diversity and functionality of the human gut microbiome.



posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheEgo
Original context...


Imagine that you were only in a position to detect, observe, and categorize the emissions of an engine.

Yes... basically it means what if you could only make scientific observations of "poop".

How much information about the motivations of the "pooper" do you think you would be capable of deducing? Especially considering that anything considered "useful" to the "pooper" is never given to you. Only that which is rejected. Meaning, that which is rare in the poop, but abundant in the pooper's world will not be accurately reflected to you. That which is abundant in the poop is not useful in the pooper's world.

What sort of models do you think the scientific method, as wonderful as it is, will be capable of constructing?

Empires of Poop?

No matter what worldview you hold... the undeniable fact is that every observation we make is of the OUTCOME of some process. Whether it is a conscious process, a mechanical process, a mathematical process, a thought process, I don't care. It is the "output". Output is poop. Period. Many "things" go in, something "different" (depending on the "process") comes out.

Otherwise the input and output would be identical and there would be no perceivable change. In order for there to be a perceivable change, "something" must be "converted" into "something else".

We are the poop of whatever it is that generates us. Theist, materialist, don'tcareist... doesn't matter.

Poop Be Upon You
/namasalute
edit on 25-7-2013 by ErgoTheEgo because:



i agree with ur metaphor for the most part. but be careful what u call 'we'.

if 'we' are our soul IN a body, then we are not poop. poop is an excretion which is not needed. a waste product of an overal process which can have an entirely different objective. poop is then viewed in it's correct context as a mere side effect of operation.

but if as i believe u and most would see it, the 'we' u are referring to is the body/ego brain/flesh then poop can be considered largely in the form of a butterfly discarding it's cuccoon after evolving from a caterpillar. the body is a side effect, or waste product of an evolved spirit. it will stay here, to be reabsorbed into the cycle of life.. all the atoms borrowed by the spirit to construct the body are returned, and a fully developed spirit emerges which no longer requires its old body.
edit on 26-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheEgo

Otherwise the input and output would be identical and there would be no perceivable change. In order for there to be a perceivable change, "something" must be "converted" into "something else".

We are the poop of whatever it is that generates us.

There is only energy and energy is constantly reforming.
In order for there to a perceivable change - that which perceives never changes.


edit on 26-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheEgo
 


“Ecological devastation is the excrement, so to speak, of man's power worship.”
Ernest Becker quote

Or as the late, great Tony Saprano said, "It's all friggin bullsh$t.". The latter's context was his commentary on the nature of our current paradigms.

Dear OP, By George I think you're onto something here!



posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
WOOOOOOOOW what a $h!ty subject.

But necessary, the older you get the more you look forward to it.



posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheEgo
 


THIS THREAD IS POOP



posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
 




So do we eat poop too?


Yep, it's called a giant poop sandwich and we all got to take a bite. That is unless you have a lot of bread then the amount of poop you have to eat is less. No bread...well you get the picture.

Isn't it just wonderful to find out we are all in the loo taking a swim thinking it's a lovely pool full of interesting things.


Let them eat Turd Burgers

edit on 27-7-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
i honestly had this thread figured for talking about the fed govt, after all our everything goes into the govt. but we get nothing but their poop in return.



new topics

top topics



 
12
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join