It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No one is in control, quit the conspiracy paranoia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Quick two minute dose of reality on conspiracy theories courtesy of Terence Mckenna.

Change is accelerating. Invention, connection, adumbration of ideas, mathematical algorithms, connectivity of people, social systems, this is all accelerating furiously, and under the control of no one – not the Catholic church, the community party, the IMF, no one is in charge of this process! This is what makes history so interesting: it’s a runaway freight train on a dark and stormy night! This is why I’m not particularly sympathetic to conspiracy theory – because I can’t make the leap of faith that would cause you to believe anyone could get hold of the beast enough to control it! – I mean, conspiracies, of course, we have conspiracies up the kazoo; but none of them are succeeding! – they’re all being swept away, compromised, astonished by new information, and endlessly agonised!

If I were dependent on the notion that human institutions are necessary to pull us out of the ditch, I would be very despairing. As I said, nobody’s in charge – not the IMF, the Pope, the communist party, the Jews, no, no, no, nobody has their finger on what’s going on. So then, why hope? Isn’t it just a runaway train, out of control? I don’t think so. I think the out-of-controlness is the most hopeful thing about it! After all, whose control is it out of?! You and I never controlled it in the first place! Why are we anxious about the fact that it’s out of control? I think if it’s out of control, then our side is winning!

I think he is right to an extent, we now live in an age where it's basically impossible for any one power to take control world affairs. The process is much more organic and chaotic than the conspiracy minset would make you believe. I think it's all too simple to build up a world view where x company or x govenment are behind every attrocity in the world, but it's so much more complex than that. History is a long list of FAILED conspiracies, and I think they will continue to fail forever. Sure they might work temporarily, but as he says "they’re all being swept away, compromised, astonished by new information, and endlessly agonised"

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

You sound like an optimist - just like I was/am.

I want SO MUCH to believe that all this 'conspiracy' stuff is just sensationalist paranoia.....
but it's getting harder to believe by the day.
S/F anyway.

I do think the "NWO" is this - the internet, global instantaneous communication - and I also agree that "TPTB" are just floundering, as are the rest of us.

Bummer.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Quit the conspiracy paranoia?
on a conspiracy website????

its like walking into a insane asylum and screaming,. "STOP BEING CRAZY"

LOL

edit on 25-7-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: duh

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Dude give me a break. Huge Mckenna fan. But realistically people are in control. Do you know anything about the business world?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeuZZ

I think he is right to an extent, we now live in an age where it's basically impossible for any one power to take control world affairs. The process is much more organic and chaotic than the conspiracy minset would make you believe. I think it's all too simple to build up a world view where x company or x govenment are behind every attrocity in the world, but it's so much more complex than that. History is a long list of FAILED conspiracies, and I think they will continue to fail forever. Sure they might work temporarily, but as he says "they’re all being swept away, compromised, astonished by new information, and endlessly agonised"

1. These powers are not just taking control now. They have been doing it for centuries and passing it on while building it to what it is today. Anyone thinking they are just now trying to control us and the planet is nuts and on that I would have to agree.

2. You have been a member of this Conspiracy site for 6 years?

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Honestly though, wouldn't it be better if there was some dark cabal of evil types trying to run the world.

Sadly all that we see is simply human nature, greed, envy, xenophobia, those are the things we battle against, and they are in all of us.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Quit the conspiracy paranoia?
on a conspiracy website????

its like walking into a insane asylum and screaming,. "STOP BEING CRAZY"

LOL

edit on 25-7-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: duh

That made me laugh out loud dude! You're right and it was an awesome comparison.

Do you honestly believe people who are convinced there are evil governments or evil groups of people who want to control the world will be convinced otherwise by a brief two minute youtube video?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What is happening on this planet is, the human race divided into two categories.

Group # 1: These people wrongly decided to give power to objects/other people that are outside of self (without).

Group # 2: These people understand the one and only truth, which is, there is only one power and it is in all people (within).

Love is the only truth and ignorance of this truth is the only sin in the universe.

Unfortunately most people are ignorant.

Until this changes there will be suffering.

As far as the conspiracy paranoia goes, every single person on earth is in control of the world, but most people don't know it.

edit on 25-7-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
seriously..
I know they are watching me..
tell me if you hear anything different

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Dude give me a break. Huge Mckenna fan. But realistically people are in control. Do you know anything about the business world?

But even there Terrance is right, the stock-market wildly fluctuates and causes chaos for business people. The planet is being rapidly destroyed, and the ever expanding and growing trend we have been on seems unstoppable. Unpredictable technological innovation can destroy industries, or change the world in ways not imagined. Nature can unleash fury which could even destroy the planet, or set us back into the dark ages - and nobody can control it.

The elite are only in control because we are letting them for now. We obey their laws and use their fake currency and what not, but at any moment we could rise up and replace them. History is like revolution after revolution, the western ruling elite could be gone in a decade. They don't even choose when their reign of power ends, and neither side is very good at predicting it.

edit on 25/7/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Why exactly did you register on a conspiracy site if you don't believe in conspiracies? That's like an atheist attending church.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Even though we have solid evidence which suggests otherwise ........... riiiiiiiiiight.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

No one is in control, quit the conspiracy paranoia.,

Tell that to JFK

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is an excerpt from another thread if you like it please go S&F it. The link is at the bottom anyway he pretty much sums up the reality of the matter.

I do, however, have some questions for the community on things I just dont understand, or see any logic behind.

1.- If there is a NWO / Illuminati, where is the proof? I know some of you will say "Use the search button", or "research this yourself", but honestly, I have been to hundreds of sites and read hundreds of topics and seen hundred of videos on this, and I am not a believer that they exist. I will admit, there are bad big shots out there, and some of these guys may even influence world-wide political agendas, but I dont believe there is a "Super villain team-up", so to speak, of these guys. I believe most of these rich _____ tycoons, do have their own agenda, and may even come to agreements with each other or politicians, but it is mostly for their own goals, not some "hidden conglomerate of evil".

2.- If these guys do exist, what is the end goal? Say everything they want DOES occur, then what? Ok, so WW3 happens, they take away our rights, they successfully implemented "population control" through the wars etc, then what? Based on history, this conglomerate of evil would eventually break apart, and start competing with their other NWO rulers, which would then, in turn, cause us the "sheeple" to once again choose sides and fight for the one we thought is right. Then it would be no different then it is now, with countries / businesses competing for power, money etc....it would be the same scenario. Unless you believe in the "anti-Christ", and then the whole scenario might make sense, except, we have had an "anti-christ" in every time period in history, or so people thought. I do not buy into religion, so I dont believe this scenario at all. I believe religion itself is mostly evil, and is one of those "competing evils" who has their own agenda based on the religion.

3.- Who are the Illuminati members? Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Illuminati the good guys back in the day? Also, no one can ever name who the "shadowy puppet masters" truly are. Sure we all hear the Bilderbergs, the Queen of England, the Rothchilds, etc...but I still couldn't put my finger on who the conspiracy theorists actually believe the "bad guys" are...

4.- Moving on to chemtrails (sorry, my ADD), where is the proof for this as well? I have been all over the world and seen these things basically everywhere I go. Where are these planes from? With how much chemicals that are dropped all over the world on a daily basis, where are the huge vats that contain the chemicals? Where are the whistle blowers? How is the stuff basically approved to be dropped on every continent on earth, yet no one has ever come forward (to my knowledge) to spill the beans on this? Why does EVERY government basically allow this? I know cloud seeding occurs, but with how many "chemtrails" I have seen all over the earth the budget, personnel and aircraft to run this must be a huge amount! If you believe in this... We have backyard astronomers that can spot Nibiru and sun spots, but no one can get a decent picture of one of these "unmarked government" chem trail planes.

5.- If we are all so brainwashed by MSM and TPTB are in so much control of everything, then why not just keep that control and allow things to go on as they are? The only answer I can see to this, is that there is no NWO and it is basically rogue, powerful individuals prying for more control and wrestling with other powerful individuals.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be great if this was true?

I would LOVE to believe this.. I used to laugh at the word "illuminati" when my friends even brought it up, but with all the recent events I can't dismiss anything as "crazy" anymore..

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Another talk of his on this subject that proving very popular

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

It's not like there is a 'kings X' where grey beards in white coats tend the scared vestal fires of reality, there is no reality, there are only people who do know this, or people who don't know this and are being manipulated by the people who do know it. That's just how it works. Watch the video above.

new topics

top topics

join