learn more

The Exploitation of Blood

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by schmae
I think a coma patient's blood would be ok provided it was a brain injury and not an illness that put them in that coma.
Also as far as organ donations, I've never once heard it said " and blood' so I wonder if many families are not aware that they can give the blood as well. This is news to me.

Of course all blood is screened. I've never heard of "and blood" either and I've done a lot of Health Information Management paperwork.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by benrl

Does it blow anyone elses mind that in this day and age of technology synthetic blood analogues are so behind the real thing?

Even coconut water is better than some of the experimental synthetics.

It doesn't blow anyone's mind. The lack of production of synthetic fuel does though. I guess that is the great divide!
edit on 25-7-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

No it is great to get people thinking of the subject I applaud you making this thread

Thank you
I put months into this. I appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I know of no one like this but then again, I do not hang around the religious types. My family, friends, other peoples family and their friends, absolutely everyone I know is a donor of organs. Can you tell me where you get this statistic from?

Great post BTW. Lots of numbers here are news to me.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Rewind over our 2000 years, and you replace oil with water, land, women, food, etc, etc.....

Blood has always been spilled. It always will be spilled. Oil isn't the cause. Oil is just energy in liquid form as it pertains to this discussion. Energy is what is in demand.

Maybe down the road we will once again fight for water, or women (breeding rights).

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

I know of no one like this but then again, I do not hang around the religious types. My family, friends, other peoples family and their friends, absolutely everyone I know is a donor of organs. Can you tell me where you get this statistic from?

The statistics are linked through the Source links. From the American Red Cross, two books I read on the matter, as well as military donor requirements. I am not religious.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Here's a little story for you, related to blood and war. After 9/11, people were lined up to donate at the local blood bank, out the door, down the sidewalk, and around the corner - I know, as I worked there for ten years. So many people donated, but so little was needed (few survivors) for the emergency, that most of it went to waste. I remember blood units in the walk-in cooler by the bushel, dozens of bushels...

Consistent donation, is better than running to the blood bank during emergencies. Anyway, did you know that getting your hemoglobin down to about 12 g/dL tends to extend your life? Studies made during my BB stint indicated so.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollie

Oh and thank you for that

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Here's a little story for you, related to blood and war. After 9/11, people were lined up to donate at the local blood bank, out the door, down the sidewalk, and around the corner - I know, as I worked there for ten years. So many people donated, but so little was needed (few survivors) for the emergency, that most of it went to waste. I remember blood units in the walk-in cooler by the bushel, dozens of bushels...

Consistent donation, is better than running to the blood bank during emergencies. Anyway, did you know that getting your hemoglobin down to about 12 g/dL tends to extend your life? Studies made during my BB stint indicated so.

Terrible it went to waste, and what wonderful people. Yes, I know about hemoglobin. Thank you for the information

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

Only 29% of people donate their organs here in the UK and shockling only around 4% give blood.

www.nhs.uk...

www.organdonation.nhs.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Well, we have a construct that we have made called "economy". It is hinged on energy, of which oil is the primary choice. The economy is tied to oil, which provides a fairly stable rock to lash the economy to.

Synthesized energy components are not going to happen. Why? For the same reason as just about everything else wrong in the world: humans tend to trust in authority, even when they are aware that the trust is irrational.. We KNOW we are getting screwed, but we still play the game, and we still follow the rules. This is evidenced by the false dichotomy of US politics (the guardians of the petrodollar), where we keep choosing from what we know are two rotten piles of detritus.

Why?

I agree with much of your sentiment, but the solution (i think) lies in human nature. It is so easily to manipulate people. It isn't that people are stupid, but rather that they are prone to cognitive dissonance. We need comfort in understanding the world around us. When you threaten that understanding (even when you know your understanding isn't even close to truth), suffering cognitive dissonance ensues.

Its why we have so many secular Christians.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Hollie

Only 29% of people donate their organs here in the UK and shockling only around 4% give blood.

www.nhs.uk...

www.organdonation.nhs.uk...

Unfortunately I did not run the numbers on the UK. I did not know that. For the record, I do not donate blood nor am I an organ donor. So trust me, I am neutral in this. Maybe the thread could change my mind

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Just check my sig about donation, hopefully It may make your mind up either way.
Its in my sig.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Just check my sig about donation, hopefully It may make your mind up either way.
Its in my sig.

I will

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
www.politics.co.uk...

Be afraid ......... very afraid. BANE owns the uk`s blood.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
thank you for a fantastic thread you must have worked for that information, well done.

All my family carry cards for donating their organs and give blood it was never a consideration just right.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthiestJesus
www.politics.co.uk...

What the heck ?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by schmae

Thanks the tories for this, they are selling off parts of the NHS, still though don't not give blood because of this..Oh and in the link they put vampire pic
sad.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by schmae

Originally posted by AthiestJesus
www.politics.co.uk...

What the heck ?

Yep , a company set up by Mitt Romney has just bought it up .

BANE. What kind of name is that ..... I`m honestly losing faith in mankind as a whole .
edit on 26-7-2013 by AthiestJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You mean the exploitation of life.

Your views are solely based on your feelings about your situation. It only becomes a resource when you actively need it. Wounded soldiers and the sick.

The wounded soldiers need the tech developed from oil and the blood to be treated.. and sick people do to.

Tech that has been facilitated by oil has allowed for us to be able to treat people with sicknesses.

lets say that we today run out of oil and the problem is not so much finding the blood but also running the world that has come to depend on oil ...

your grandmother bumps her elbow and she tries to call for help.... and her cell does not work nor her net nor her landline....

the techs that keep those things running can't maintain the network... because they can't drive to cell towers, to broken cables or any other network mishap.

they get word to the EMTs and they can't get there cuz their ambulance does not have fuel and neither does anyone she knows.

they carry her and get to the hospital and they are like well we found some platelets but no none can drive them here they are bringing it on a horse run on blood resource.

see where I am going with this.

I get that blood is important but it is quite an over simplification you are making.

people who have oil have been able to improve their quality of life and extend life. Oil is important not more important but to an extent important enough that one resources that can be viewed more important is acceptable to spend in getting a less 'valuable" resource.

If my family was starving I would shed my blood to get it for them. I can argue food is more important and we pervert it and take it for granted... I think oil costs more than corn.. with food we can't do squat.

i can even go further and argue that water is more important than oil.. yet i can open my hose and waste hundreds of gallons and pay 40$ that month.

but I get this is an emotional response to your situation.

sorry about your grandma.
edit on 26-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)
edit on 26-7-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join