It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Caught on Video Planting Drugs In Small Business

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Almost reminds me of the John DeLorean fiasco.

These cops are neither serving nor protecting--they are harrassing and entrapping. So it goes with illegitimate and counterproductive laws like the drug laws.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isittruee
Wasn't really a cop. Informants are just criminals trying to get off or lessen a charge. Did a cop give him this crack and tell him to plant it is a different story.

We also have the issue of race again. Was he target because he was black? Maybe it was because he was running a smoke shop. That fake weed " incense " will get you hi. Also how many tobacco smokers you see smoking out of pipes use a glass one with crazy color schemes? He was targeted for selling incense and paraphanala(sp?). Not because he was black!
edit on 25-7-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

Actually glass pipes like that are purposed for smoking "sheesha" which is essentially tobacco with flavoring soaked in molasses.

And yes I have seen them being used for their proper purpose.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
it was a police informant that planted the drugs.
not the police.
big difference. i know its the title of the video, but that don't mean its right.
i think you should change your headline.
what happened here is the informant is probably in trouble with the law.
i.e. maybe he was caught with drugs and the police want him to snitch on someone.
so he decides to set up the innocent shop owner.
and therefore getting the cops off his back
maybe

But it brings up the question of how reliable informants are. It calls into question the police using people like this to "inform" on targeted suspects. How many people have gone down because an informant snitched on them? Kind of makes me think of using torture...ah hem..."enhanced interrogation techniques"....on people suspected of terrorism. They'll say anything to stop it. Much like an informant might do anything...like plant drugs...to get brownie points with cops.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

The movie Snitch is pretty good, and about just that.
edit on Fri, 26 Jul 2013 20:16:57 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
reply to post by jude11

What an advertisement this is for off-site recording! I have been saying this for years, businesses should have cameras all over their site, and that information should be recorded on-site, and off-site, with a back up archive of at least five years.

You would be shocked to know just how many businesses have this equipment and don't maintain it, don't use it properly, and don't have evidence available when they find that they need it.

It's not uncommon for businesses to lose their recording equipment and the evidence in a robbery, especially if their premises are small enough.

Well done to this man, he had everything in place and it seems he knew how to maintain it and use it properly. I hope he sues their butts to the absolute maximum and that others take a leaf out of his book - watch the cops at every opportunity, there are far too many corrupt cops out there, and they would not think twice about doing whatever it takes to protect themselves and their equally corrupt buddies in crime.

The cops likely set everything up so they can't be prosecuted. By using an informant all they have to say is that the informant acted on his own, and didn't consult the police as to planting drugs. At that point they can no longer be prosecuted and the only person liable is the informant, even if he was acting on police orders.

As for the recording, I remember a few years ago some cops seized a gas station, had a party, and made sure to disconnect the cameras before doing so (along with taking all onsight recordings when they left). They didn't know about the second set of hidden cameras that recorded to an offsite location though. In the end the owner got a nice settlement out of the police.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aazadan

The cops likely set everything up so they can't be prosecuted. By using an informant all they have to say is that the informant acted on his own, and didn't consult the police as to planting drugs. At that point they can no longer be prosecuted and the only person liable is the informant, even if he was acting on police orders.

I was thinking exactly this but didn't want to open that can of worms. Why else would the send in an "informant" and not an undercover officer, if not to relieve themselves from liability? Informants, if I understand correctly, are used to snitch on those they already associate with, not go undercover on behalf of the police.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
if this chump just laid some crack on the counter and it was still there when the police arrived, that probably means the cops were there quick fast, that is, sitting outside waiting to rush in as soon as their informant walked out.as far as where he got the crack from, pretty sure he got it directly from the cops. this just screams set up. and as i understand it the informant has disappeared. how convenient.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The woman says it was a racial crime. Is there more info for this?
What I see is that the guy plants a substance on the counter.
Is the shop is a smoke shop selling drug paraphernalia? Maybe the police
decided to shut him down because they equated the equipment sold in the store
with drug taking. Or maybe they have some other "evidence "
Still this doesn't make what they did right, I'm just trying to get in the heads
of the reasoning why they would do this.
Limbo
edit on 27-7-2013 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The cops should know to search informants before any operations with them.

As for the video this is a warming to always have a backup recording system for all security systems. its no only the cops that play games but criminals play games to.

My security system in my RV records to a DVR plus a computer with a hidden flash drive.

Someone can steal my security DVR and my computer and i will still have a recording on the hidden flash drive. Then i can take care of business even if the cops don't.

Or if the cops plant drugs in my RV i will have a recording of them doing it.

criminals will not take the time to trace every cord coming off a computer and if you are recording to a hidden large flash drive/ external drive they are unlikely to find it.

A good technology would be a direct upload across the internet also so they can't destroy
the evidence.
Limbo

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

wow... Real bad... It's just horrible.

But then, am I the only one to be offended by the woman's comment? She says that the shop owner was set up because he's black...
This comment is completely irrelevant in this situation. The shop owner was set up, whether he is black, Chinese, white, blue, from Mars, does not matter. The guys who set him up should get full charges.
And even though I am aware that people with ethnic background get targeted by the police in some cases, this i sstill not right to play the race card from the very beginning.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The world has gone mad. Next we'll have drug dealers helping old ladies across the street....

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KarmaComa

That is generally true, but 2 weeks after the grossly unjust verdict in the Zimmerman trial, the racial angles are much more obvious, and sensitive.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Ohhh,
I was all the favor of the shop owner till the one lady
brought up the race card,.. I am sooooo sick of hearing about
racial excuses. Moving on

oh,...well since you're sick of hearing about it, I guess it can't be real. everybody on ATS, may I have your attention....there is no more racism, so nobody can use that excuse anymore....

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That's so sketchy.
I wonder if the informant was supposed to snitch on someone who was selling drugs but didn't want to piss anyone off so instead planted them on someone else and was too stupid to look for cameras? Or maybe the cops just told him to plant it on someone and claim he was "snitching out others he knew sold."

Either way, completely stupid.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Ohhh,
I was all the favor of the shop owner till the one lady
brought up the race card,.. I am sooooo sick of hearing about
racial excuses. Moving on

oh,...well since you're sick of hearing about it, I guess it can't be real. everybody on ATS, may I have your attention....there is no more racism, so nobody can use that excuse anymore....

Please tell me that's sarcastic. No more racism?

edit on 27-7-2013 by katyehh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
That video is a conspiracy theorists nutjob.

That doesn't happen in real life.

What an easy way to shutdown your business rivals. Plant drugs in thier property.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Come on, give the police a break.

Maybe they were just needing a place to store their steroid protein powders and pills.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Watch this and find out more for yourselves...

Your Local Police Do Have Arrest / Ticket Quotas (they just think you are too dumb to figure it out)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

This vid kind of explain why she may think the way she do.

I know many here are fed-up with the whole is it because I am black thingy??..but why would she assume that in the first place..not staying this case has anything to do with race other than the shop owner happens to be black,but we have a very long history of frame-ups in poorer black communities that did not make the news,these kind of set-ups is easy to get away with for without a camera and a good expensive lawyer he is going to jail.. this is common barber shop conversations in working class or poor AA and Hispanic neighborhoods, and here is something else to ponder many of society's ills are first spotted in those communities,cops brutalizing white folks may well have honed their skills in those communities,as the economy goes south you will see an increase in abuse of power rolling up hill across the board but there are those of us who knew where it started.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have had a terrible experience with police. Not in the sense that I've been harassed, but in the sense that I've worked with former LEO in the private military world. I would say on the whole, most guys in the PMC world would agree with me. Former LEO are the least professional "soldiers" I have ever had the displeasure of working with. They are extremely cocky for how little practical skill they have, they boast the most in the chow lines, many have extremely poor fitness, despite good outright strength. Incapacitated after a mile because they're so winded, that sort of thing. They treat any foreign soldiers we encounter, especially ones we are training with a condescending attitude and overall contempt. It has really left a bad taste in my mouth and will continue to do so as long as I happen to work with them in any capacity. The good thing is you hardly see any in maritime contracts.

My overall feeling about this news is the following: Whenever I hear about police misconduct, which not only includes going against that department's protocols, but also breaking the law and or infringing on other citizen's civil liberties, I immediately think that any and all officers who belong to that department are just as bad and just as culpable as the perpetrating LEO when they don't officially and loudly condemn the perpetrating officer, ostracize them, and fire them.

If you belong to a department that has had bad cops and haven't filed official complaints, haven't called for action, conspicuously and unambiguously, then you are are just as bad as the offending officer in question.

All I'm asking for is a little integrity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join