It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Caught on Video Planting Drugs In Small Business

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Anything to get the job done right?

Get the forfeiture laws going and get paid, put an innocent man in a prison-for profit system and wake up the next day to do it all over again.

All in a day's work.

I am so glad that this was caught on video because otherwise, he would be in jail, his property, money, business seized...and who would believe him? Not many I'm afraid.

I wonder if the police have clued into the fact that if we are on camera, so are they?

Peace

edit on 25-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Those involved should get double the time the store owner would have got.

Just think of all the other times this happened and was not caught on camera.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Come on, the informant didn't see all the cameras around the shop in plain view?

It's possible the informant was payed to plant the drugs, and the police likely told the informant not to worry about the camera footage, that it would be destroyed. But the shop is likely recording video off-site.

If not, then what a dumb informant for getting caught on camera, and even dumber cops for not destroying the camera footage.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
it was a police informant that planted the drugs.
not the police.
big difference. i know its the title of the video, but that don't mean its right.
i think you should change your headline.
what happened here is the informant is probably in trouble with the law.
i.e. maybe he was caught with drugs and the police want him to snitch on someone.
so he decides to set up the innocent shop owner.
and therefore getting the cops off his back
maybe

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Come on, the informant didn't see all the cameras around the shop in plain view?

It's possible the informant was payed to plant the drugs, and the police likely told the informant not to worry about the camera footage, that it would be destroyed. But the shop is likely recording video off-site.

If not, then what a dumb informant for getting caught on camera, and even dumber cops for not destroying the camera footage.

"Stupid is, as Stupid does"

Forest Gump's Mama

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Wasn't really a cop. Informants are just criminals trying to get off or lessen a charge. Did a cop give him this crack and tell him to plant it is a different story.

We also have the issue of race again. Was he target because he was black? Maybe it was because he was running a smoke shop. That fake weed " incense " will get you hi. Also how many tobacco smokers you see smoking out of pipes use a glass one with crazy color schemes? He was targeted for selling incense and paraphanala(sp?). Not because he was black!
edit on 25-7-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Ohhh,
I was all the favor of the shop owner till the one lady
brought up the race card,.. I am sooooo sick of hearing about
racial excuses. Moving on

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is my area News station! That was a surprise!, Lol.

But, wow. Could that guy be anymore blatant?

(stretches) "I'm just going to set down this crack, over here."

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The point is not whether or not he was with the police. It's the fact they put him in jail for this.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretKnowledge
it was a police informant that planted the drugs.
not the police.
big difference. i know its the title of the video, but that don't mean its right.
i think you should change your headline.
what happened here is the informant is probably in trouble with the law.
i.e. maybe he was caught with drugs and the police want him to snitch on someone.
so he decides to set up the innocent shop owner.
and therefore getting the cops off his back
maybe

1. Police and Sheriff not available for comment. Why?

2. He was targeting someone on police orders whether he is actually wearing a badge or not.

3. After the police viewed the vid, they dropped all charges.

4. Police Chief: "Proper procedures were not followed"

5. Informants work for police under their direction. Just a different form of payment.

Sounds like police all over it to me.

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Race card. Jeezel pete! everything is about race until its black on any other race. tommy chong was arrested for selling bongs , he's half chinese, shoulda played the race card. cops plant drugs on people often that is a fact, when police are caught breaking the law they should get double sentences in general population. dirty cops, politicians and judges should receive the harshest punishments, no more country club prisons for the rich and powerful. i feel like the people who build these vacation prisons are dirty to begin with and want to assure they have a nice comfy place to land when they fall,

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Cops that are dirty like this deserve death, very swift death.. But then look how corrupt officials are everywhere, it is increasing exponentially.. But then that no list yesterday should be a list of officials scheduled for the guillotine..

We are all in serious dire straights... Stock up on guns and ammo people, you will be needing them very soon to defend yourselves and your family against the people that we pay a lot of money to, to serve us and our communities.... They have run amok and are so corrupt that they would destroy lives, murder our kids, our pets, our families and friends. "What are you gonna do when they come for you" Shoot to kill

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

Incense getting you high?
I dunno, I was never stupid enough to smoke incense.
As for being targetted for selling perfectly legal stuff..... That is OK in your book? It's not OK in mine. I do smoke flavored tobacco out of a water bong from time to time, water makes a great filter.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No never smoked it. Some of my stupider younger family members have. You know damn well people go to smoke shops to buy that fake weed and pipes to smoke drugs out of. If youve ever been to one to buy your pipe/bong out of you know exactly the kinds of product they sell and who they are marketing it to. Do I think it is okay he was targeted for that reason? Did I even give an opinion if it was okay? So attack someone else.

In truth I think him being target for owning a smoke shop is as stupid as that woman thinking it was because he's black.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Way back in the 80s we were told to do a very good preflight on our corp jet because drugs could be planted and loss of aircraft would result. I found it hard then to believe those who are supposed to protect and serve would stoop to some Banana Republic tactics to steal. Rumors were flying but I never actually knew of it happening except in some news article, usually out of Florida..IMO there is no Punishment great enough for these milkweeds that plant crap to get an attaboy.

There is something totally rotten to the core with a department that has these types of criminals working for them or on the force.

Stealing money at traffic stops, no knock break-ins at the wrong homes and 10,000 other things we see posted about the corrupt system that seems to grow and get a nod and a wink from those who are supposed to be the guardians of our society...It is enough to make one lose faith.....you have to wonder how many real officers knew of this procedures for getting a bust or was it just an unsupervised lone wolf type operation?

The racial crap in the video has become the prevalent buzz word of the day..Kind of sickening IMO but all the bases were covered for maximum effect..

N.Y. has become rather famous for planting crap on people they don't like but no doubt as by the countless videos we see around here it is not that rare... You see cops beating someone senseless while other cops just stand and watch....cops need to police cops and supervise the actions of those they let be informants.. screw the brotherhood...This ain't no action move where the rules are bent for the plot so the good guy can win.....
edit on 25-7-2013 by 727Sky because: ....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
N.Y. has become rather famous for planting crap on people they don't like but no doubt as by the countless videos we see around here it is not that rare... You see cops beating someone senseless while other cops just stand and watch....cops need to police cops and supervise the actions of those they let be informants.. screw the brotherhood...This ain't no action move where the rules are bent for the plot so the good guy can win.....
edit on 25-7-2013 by 727Sky because: ....

I've come to develop one rule and that is "Do not trust ANY officer"

There is no way for us to ascertain as to whether one is crooked or not until it's too late and you are either behind bars or in the hospital. Happened to many that trusted police at face value.

Nope, they have their "Brotherhood" crap and that's good enough reason to not trust any. If one is bad and another covers it up...both are bad IMO.

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I don't think they understand how HUGE of a check that they are getting to write for the lawsuit.

An informant is an extension of the law. SO, in retrospect, the law is responsible for their actions in the exact same way they are responsible for police officers.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when they discovered that there was video documentation made.

That is just too damn funny.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm glad there is evidence that this occurred. They need to be charged. Its no wonder police dont want the cameras rolling on them.

In Sweden, you really face the music if you dare video a police officer.

www.wimp.com...

I'd move my whole family to Norway, Sweden second on the list, if I could.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I know how you feel and I am sure there are many who feel the same way. I have hunted with ICE, Border Patrol, and regular LEOs who are ashamed of those who betray the code of conduct and can not wait to retire or already have. Not all cops are bad I assure you...... some will be or are going to be our best friends if and when TSHF and are very aware of the things going on in the world....The problem is knowing the good guys from the bad, heck they can't even tell sometimes, sucks I know....hahahah I sold 5 guns to Houston police depart officers last time I was in the states all face to face private sales...Having to get rid of mine due to living overseas and can not import..which also sucks, but to be honest not much hunting around here..... we can still own a gun for home protection but crime is very low ( I feel safer here than I do in the states where I use my CHL everyday)....

If you are a bar fly then the normal drunk stuff can happen but is still very rare.... hahahah usually expat against expat but I have seen a girl of maybe 95 pounds deck a French guy with a well placed shin kick to his drunken head. She would have made any Kungfoo movie director proud...most who saw it go down clapped.... she bowed and the French dude got up and staggered off down the road...smart guy.....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

The cops probably told him to do it...or else they'd shoot his dog. They're probably going to go shoot it now, that the ploy failed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join