It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pizza Recipe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I made this Thread after looking at other pizza Threads. I have been working on this pizza recipe for some time now and decided to share it.

Here is good pizza dough I have.
3-4 cups Flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 cup sugar
1(3/8ouce)package yeast
3 Tbsp olive oil
1-2 cup warm water

Combine all the dry ingredients than add oil than the warm water.
After you make the dough let it rise for 15-30 min.

Put a thin layer of olive oil on the pan where the dough is going to be. I lightly put garlic salt on the pan to.

the oven should be preheated to 400 degrees.
It should cook to 10-15min.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lord sword

Ginger? Really? I make pizza all the time. This is the first time I have seen ginger in a recipe for pizza dough.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Yeah ginger I like ginger,I find that it works for me.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lord sword

Our family makes our own pizza 3-4 times a year. We load it it up on a cookie sheet (party size) two at a time. The pizzas are 10 x better than take out but they are expensive. We split each pizza in three with different toppings, so it's like six pizzas in all. We load up on pepperoni, bacon strips (real), mushrooms, green peppers, mozzarella, cheddar, ground beef, jalapenoes, Greek style ( feta, tomatoes, black olives), the list goes on and on. Not cheap, but well worth it. (More expensive than take out). Bonus: fun for the kids to help out and can take hours. Fun for us food nuts!
edit on 25-7-2013 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Every time I see/read "ginger" I hear this dude from India saying, "More ginger-garlic-paste!"

There's a new pizza joint around here, and I swear I can make a better crust. How hard is it? Go poach some cooks from a successful place for the recipe!

I wonder if your recipe would be aided if you covered it with saran wrap and put it in the fridge overnight for fermentation? Sometimes if I'm making bread and I don't feel like waiting for a slow-rise, I'll put like 1/4 TSP of red wine vinegar into the dough for that added "tanginess"

And no matter how hot I get my oven at home, even with a pizza stone, it never comes out like a pizza from a professional pizza oven.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

I wonder if your recipe would be aided if you covered it with saran wrap and put it in the fridge overnight for fermentation? Sometimes if I'm making bread and I don't feel like waiting for a slow-rise, I'll put like 1/4 TSP of red wine vinegar into the dough for that added "tanginess"

Never tried to putting it in the fridge it might work. Didn't know about the red wine vinegar thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I don't know if you have a cast iron enameled dutch oven, but the "no knead bread" recipe taught me a lot about bread.

This thread seems to kind of have died out, but I hope the OP sees this ... if you follow the "rabbit hole" of this bread/dough technique, you'll learn quite a bit about making a proper dough that is quite versatile. Here's a great video to get started:

And if you don't want to wait 12 hours, this follow-up video shows you how to speed up the process. Most good pizza dough is "rested" overnight in their walk-in fridges, but this might work too:

I haven't tried it yet, but I hear that adding Hidden Valley Ranch powder to the dough makes it "magical". I shall test this out soon.
edit on 26-7-2013 by MystikMushroom because: MOAR content

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Well that is interesting way to make dough. I think my raising style is little different than that.

Here is how i do my raising style.
After I mix the ingredients, I roll it in to a ball and if the dough is too sticky I dab flour on to the dough to make it less sticky than put in back in the bowl and cover it will a towel and put in a warm place for about 30 min than flatten the dough out on a pizza pan.

Did not know there was a Hidden Valley Ranch powder I might try that.
edit on 7/27/2013 by lord sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Nice ideas.

I make pizza for a living and actually have customers come from 30 minutes away for it. Why?

The simplest recipe ever. People can recognize true ingredients over fancy substitutes and this crust gets crusty around the edges. Make sure when putting on the sauce that you brush the edges with sauce as well. The sugar in the sauce will help to get even crunchier and the flavor dips in to the dough as well. Roll up some cheese with the crust perimeter and it's all good.

This is for 12 pies of a 14" size pan. Split as you need.

1/4 cup rock salt
1/4 cup yeast
1/2 cup white sugar
8 cups warm water
21-22 cups flour

Done.

Mix all ingredients except for flour in a bowl. Wait 30 minutes for yeast to go crazy. Add flour and blend/mix until dough gets to the point of stretchy. No more.

Make 500 gram balls pulling all sides to the bottom and put in the cooler over night either in a pail or 4 to a cake pan with cling wrap tightly over the top. Can use immediately tho. Dough will be good for 3 days in the fridge.

Most people make the same mistake of too low heat when baking. I always suggest a stone but a pan will do.

450, 475, 500 degrees if your oven can go there. Not on broil.

Good Luck!

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sounds really good for to make a lot of pizzas. So how many pies do you go though in a day just wondering.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hi,

I would like to tell you Without own how to make pizza-
take 1 Pizza bread
Cut vegetables (cabbage,onion,tomato,Capsicum) mix all this and cook for 30 min and then
on pizza bread drop tomato souse and cut small pieces of chess and On gas make it then serve after when pizza is ready.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hi,

Actually I have tried Pizza in home and Pizza is made very tasty..
Recipes Is as Follow-
Take 1 Pizza Bread and cut all the vegetables which is needed and cook them and then on pizza bread you paste cheesewww.foods4betterhealth.com... and sauce and then vegetables and baked it ..

new topics

top topics

join