It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone recognize this hand sign?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Actually the research spoken of in the video is factual! Jesus was not a Jew and Jews are not Israelites!

News flash. Youtube videos are not 'research' as they rarely (and yours is included) have peer reviewed facts or document their sources.

Crackpot theories are just that. If you have some verifiable evidence to support your claims then feel free to link it.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

You are almost right, jesus was not a jew he was nothing at all.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

If Jesus had offspring 2,000 years ago his descendents would number in the millions.

No one ever seems to consider this when talking about Jesus's descendents....

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Furthermore, if Jesus was who the Christians claim, then all his descendents would, by definition, be demigods.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It means "four".
As in, someone asks "how many brownies do you want?"

And the symbol is given.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

'Jews' or Ashkenazi Jews? Because there is a big difference

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
'Jews' or Ashkenazi Jews? Because there is a big difference

Huh? We were discussing whether Jesus was Jewish, not some contemporary interpretation of what constitutes a Jew.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Huh? We were discussing whether Jesus was Jewish, not some contemporary interpretation of what constitutes a Jew.

Well the interpretation of the word Jew, when classifying Jesus as Jewish, matters a great deal, considering the Bible talks about those who will masquerade as Jews, but are really frauds...

You say Jesus was a Jew...

What constitutes as a Jew vs Ashkenazi?

Yes, it is relevant.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

What constitutes as a Jew vs Ashkenazi?

Yes, it is relevant.

Ashkenazi Jews did not exist until the 7th century which was, by my rough calculations, a couple of years, give or take, after Jesus died. Your point is totally irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Ashkenazi Jews, also known as Ashkenazic Jews or simply Ashkenazim (Hebrew: אַשְׁכְּנַזִּים, Ashkenazi Hebrew pronunciation: [ˌaʃkəˈnazim], singular: [ˌaʃkəˈnazi], Modern Hebrew: [aʃkenaˈzim], [aʃkenaˈzi]; also יְהוּדֵי אַשְׁכֲּנַז Y'hudey Ashkenaz, "The Jews of Germania"), are a Jewish subgroup, who trace their origins to the indigenous Israelite tribes of the Middle East.

And where exactly in the Middle East do you think that was? I am talking about the origins of the Ashkenazim, not a 7th century influx of Jews into central Europe...

The name Ashkenazi derives from the biblical figure of Ashkenaz, the first son of Gomer, and a Japhetic patriarch in the Table of Nations (Genesis 10). In the rabbinic literature, the kingdom of Ashkenaz was first associated with the Scythian region, then later with the Slavic territories,[12] and, from the 11th century onwards, with northern Europe and Germany.[13] The Jews living in these regions associated with Ashkenaz's kingdom thus came to call themselves the Ashkenazi.[13] Later, Jews from Western and Central Europe also came to be called Ashkenazi because the main centers of Jewish learning were located in Germany.

Gomer was a grand-son of Noah, which would make Ashkenaz, Noah's great grand-son...Meaning....The origins are way older than the 0-4 B.C. birth of Yeshua Ben Yosef...

Blavatsky used "Root Race" as a technical term to describe human evolution over the large time periods in her cosmology. However, she also claimed that there were modern non-Aryan peoples who were inferior to Aryans. She regularly contrasts "Aryan" with "Semitic" culture, to the detriment of the latter, asserting that Semitic peoples are an offshoot of Aryans who have become "degenerate in spirituality and perfected in materiality.

The Encyclopædia Britannica defines the Near East as including, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, the Gaza Strip, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the West Bank, and Yemen.

Notice carefully that last one....Yemen.

The second subrace of the Fifth or Aryan root race, the Arabian, is regarded by Theosophists as one of the Aryan subraces. It is believed by Theosophists that the Arabians, although asserted in traditional Theosophy to be of Aryan (i.e., Indo-European) ancestry, adopted the Semitic language of the people around them who had migrated earlier from Atlantis (the fifth or (original) Semite subrace of the Atlantean root race). Theosophists assert that the Jews originated as an offshoot of the Arabian subrace in what is now Yemen about 30,000 BC. They migrated first to Somalia and then later to Egypt where they lived until the time of Moses. Thus, according to the teachings of Theosophy, the Jews are part of the Aryan race.[39]

Which would mean that Jesus was really an Aryan, or Hindu...

Jesus in India - Huffington Post
edit on 8-8-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Ashkenazi Jews, also known as Ashkenazic Jews or simply Ashkenazim (Hebrew: אַשְׁכְּנַזִּים, Ashkenazi Hebrew pronunciation: [ˌaʃkəˈnazim], singular: [ˌaʃkəˈnazi], Modern Hebrew: [aʃkenaˈzim], [aʃkenaˈzi]; also יְהוּדֵי אַשְׁכֲּנַז Y'hudey Ashkenaz, "The Jews of Germania"), are a Jewish subgroup, who trace their origins to the indigenous Israelite tribes of the Middle East.

And where exactly in the Middle East do you think that was? I am talking about the origins of the Ashkenazim, not a 7th century influx of Jews into central Europe...

Wow. A little disengenious, are we not? Try not lopping off the last part of the paragraph next time.....

Ashkenazi Jews, also known as Ashkenazic Jews or simply Ashkenazim (Hebrew: אַשְׁכְּנַזִּים, Ashkenazi Hebrew pronunciation: [ˌaʃkəˈnazim], singular: [ˌaʃkəˈnazi], Modern Hebrew: [aʃkenaˈzim], [aʃkenaˈzi]; also יְהוּדֵי אַשְׁכֲּנַז Y'hudey Ashkenaz, "The Jews of Germania"), are a Jewish subgroup, who trace their origins to the indigenous Israelite tribes of the Middle East. According to the mainstream Rhineland hypothesis, Jews arrived in central Europe following the crisis of the 7th century in Byzantine Palestine around the time of Muslim conquest. Jews probably began settling along the Rhine in Germany, from Alsace in the south to the Rhineland in the north, during the early Middle Ages. source

Ashkenazi is a term developed in the 7th century following the Jewish diaspora from Byzantium. You can try to rewrite history, or blatantly and purposefully omit it, but you cannot change it.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I will once again, quote my post for you to read..

I am talking about the origins of the Ashkenazim, not a 7th century influx of Jews into central Europe...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Hm, two masons arguing with each other. Quite fascinating.

On the topic of Jesus: wasn't Jesus opposed to the Pharisee jews?

Zionists follow the Torah. The Christ said that the Torah is irrelevant (because of Jesus's own coming as the son of God) and thus one should simply Love and be Selfless. So you see the Christ was not, by definition, zionist.

edit on 9-8-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I will once again, quote my post for you to read..

I will let Judaism 101 explain it to you since you know, they may actually be Jewish and know the answer:

Who are Ashkenazic Jews?
Ashkenazic Jews are the Jews of France, Germany, and Eastern Europe and their descendants. The adjective "Ashkenazic" and corresponding nouns, Ashkenazi (singular) and Ashkenazim (plural) are derived from the Hebrew word "Ashkenaz," which is used to refer to Germany. Most American Jews today are Ashkenazim, descended from Jews who emigrated from Germany and Eastern Europe from the mid 1800s to the early 1900s. The pages in this site are written from the Ashkenazic Jewish perspective.

Maybe they are confused and need to read that ass hat Blavatsky.

edit on 9-8-2013 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude is a beerless goyim

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanne
Hm, two masons arguing with each other. Quite fascinating.

Veritas is not a Mason.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

He ain't? Hm, thanks for the info. You guys should have regulation about who can legally use your symbol. Letting people stamp the masonic symbol all over the place might induce misconceptions and misunderstandings.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne
You guys should have regulation about who can legally use your symbol.

We do not own the trademark to sqaures and compasses and it would be diffcult to enforce something like this in the United States as there are more than 1 Grand Lodge per state n some instances.

Letting people stamp the masonic symbol all over the place might induce misconceptions and misunderstandings.

I think it is definetly intentional in some cases.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dicordiated

it is quite close to the hand greeting of the r.a.o.b .

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

As for you, very good point indeed. Ashkenazi jews are orthodox jews that indeed opposes Zionism. But they still follow the Torah (that's why they are Orthodox, while zionists tend to be more secular). Christ was saying that the Torah can be dismissed because of the Christ's own coming. So, respectfully, your point is correct, but here Christ was definitively, by definition, not Ashkenazi.

edit on 9-8-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

It's not about claiming to be a mason; the symbols of the square and compass, and their meanings are something that I hold very dear to my heart. One does not have to be a mason in order to have love for the craft. Many of my family members of the past, grandfathers & uncles (so forth), were masons.

Regardless of whether I have been initiated into the craft in this life, there is an old masonic saying, "Once a Mason, always a Mason."

My love for the Craft has carried on from my past lives, into this one. I may not be a Mason in truth, but I am at heart.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join