It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curfew for Clinton Louisiana after 11pm, for everyone!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Spader

Irony;
Concerned citizens waving thier guns, demanding thier rights to die in a snowstorm then meekly submitting to a curfew because crime happen at night.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

RegisteredUser
reply to post by Spader

Irony;
Concerned citizens waving thier guns, demanding thier rights to die in a snowstorm then meekly submitting to a curfew because crime happen at night.
Amen Brother. We expect so much from our Government, they piece mail out a couple of Billion here and there and slowly take away our rights for compensation, all the while making us feel grateful. Ultimate Passive Aggressive. (in a matter of speaking)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

neo96
reply to post by HanzHenry

Nice strawman

So what part of This is so hard to understand?

Please avoid using words which you don't know the meaning of.

If you would like an example of a "Strawman", just go ahead and read your first post on this thread about the ACLU. Classic example.

There is more to life than partisan politics, Neo. I hope one day you grow to realize that.

~

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

neo96
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

For the last

TIME
Sorry Bud...you initiated debate with your opinions. It is ill mannered to whinge when you get it.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

Please avoid using words which you don't know the meaning of.

No.

Don't own me.

If you would like an example of a "Strawman", just go ahead and read your first post on this thread about the ACLU. Classic example.

And the point is ?

There is more to life than partisan politics, Neo. I hope one day you grow to realize that.

Absolutely true so I don't see the point in being obsessed with someone opinion who didn't jump on the over reactionary bandwagon ATS is famous for.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

JohnnyCanuck

neo96
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

For the last

TIME
Sorry Bud...you initiated debate with your opinions. It is ill mannered to whinge when you get it.

And the point is ?

What part of that are some people missing ?

Crying about what someone says on a website?

Or forwarding their displeasure with what a one cop town does to the responsible party?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
ATTENTION!!!

Please discuss the topic, not each other and cease the back & forth /cut & paste bickering.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
My guess is this curfew is not really enforced for everyone.

Likely its only enforced for those with criminal records and the young.(under 25/30?)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

neo96

And the point is ?

An awfully obvious display of hypocrisy?

Absolutely true so I don't see the point in being obsessed with someone opinion who didn't jump on the over reactionary bandwagon ATS is famous for.

I wouldn't flatter yourself too much. People aren't obsessed with your opinion, sir. I find it funny that you think people are overreacting about a municipality enforcing curfews on adults... meanwhile I'll see you in other sections of the forum painting everything the Fed does as a "complete communist takeover/slippery slope".

Now, this issue seems like a scene straight out of a George Orwell novel, and it's not a big deal? Everyone is overreacting? I just don't get it. Explain how a city assuming the control of people at certain hours of the day and saying that they aren't allowed to leave their homes is not outrageous.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Hello all, I know that this is a really old thread, but last night my wife were driving home from Hemingbough Plantation that is about an hour from Baton Rouge. Our drive home went directly through the city (town) of Clinton.

It was quite late about 12:30. I suddenly remembered the curfew of 11pm through 6am that was put in place by the Police chief, mayor, and City Council (Idiots) which made it ILLEGAL to be out during those hours. I wondered if it was still in place so when I got home I started to research the topic.

I could not find anything that says the law had been repealed or was even still in effect.
Really the only thing I found was a copy of a Lawsuit brought up against the Police Chief and Mayor.
It was filed by the ACLU on behalf of a resident and LSU student in US District Court. Here is a segment of the suit,
"The curfew is unconstitutional under the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment."

IMO this little grab for rights by the government is being watched with keen interest by the Powers That Be. Start small, see how the citizens react when a fundamental right is taken away. Jeez Louise. Not a frikken peep from anyone in Clinton except for the kid that filed the lawsuit. You really need to check out that law suit and I'm very sorry I could only provide the url.

I can't find anything else on my hour of searching. Here is the suit filed in US district Court and again
Im really sorry but for some reason I am unable to link to the lawsuit, but this is the URL if you want to take a look.

www.laaclu.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Spader

What kind of a place is it where you can freely carry and own firearms yet cannot go out past 11pm? The mind boggles at the hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Can't help but notice the irony after reading your sig.
Is it not a fundamental freedom to be able to travel when you like?
edit on 31-10-2015 by mack37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The kind of place where the peasants happily drop to their knees and bow down to their generous and merciful overlords.

Apparently, they don't mind a tyrannical government afterall...

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Spader

What kind of a place is it where you can freely carry and own firearms yet cannot go out past 11pm? The mind boggles at the hypocrisy.

O.K., I might be able to answer that question.

I knew I'd heard of or been through Clinton, Louisiana, so.....I've researched Clinton and discovered that its quite near the famous Louisiana Penitentiary known as "Angola". Its a huge facility and when you check "news" for Clinton, Louisiana, you get stories like this:
theadvocate.com...

Then you discover the newly elected Sheriff of the Parish, (County) is a former Prison worker:
theadvocate.com...
"Challenger Jeff Travis has won the East Feliciana sheriff’s race, defeating four-term incumbent Talmadge Bunch and winning enough ballots to avoid a runoff in the five-way race. Travis, the recently retired former chief of operations for the Louisiana Department of Corrections, claimed 51 percent of the vote."

My guess?
The curfew is on account of their proximity to the Prison. I know that here in Texas its not at all unusual they have a curfew in effect in towns/villages in close proximity to Prison facilities because of concern of Prison escapees.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

"The curfew is on account of their proximity to the Prison. I know that here in Texas its not at all unusual they have a curfew in effect in towns/villages in close proximity to Prison facilities because of concern of Prison escapees. "

The thinking behind such a scheme would seem to imply that anyone found to be near or around such facilities after the curfew is imposed would be an escaped prisoner or there accomplices. I dont even know where to begin to poke holes with such overtly totalitarian thinking, lets just say its full of logical contradictions at the very least and not exactly synonymous with the spirit of the supposed freedom loving nation in question.

What happens if you need to walk the Dog or pop to the 24 hour shop/convenience store for milk, bread, or anything else your heart desires?
edit on 31-10-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What happens if you need to walk the Dog or pop to the 24 hour shop/convenience store for a milk, bread, or anything else your heart desires?

Sorry, not allowed.

But please, by all means, strap that glock to your hip between the hours of 6:01am to 10:59pm in case of a tyrannical government coming to steal your freedumbs away.

Hooooo boy....

You just can't make this stuff up.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So how many burglaries where there prior to this curfew? Don't people get burglarized during the day while their at work or out shopping? Sounds like somebodies going to extremes because their too incompetent or under funded to do their jobs.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"The curfew is on account of their proximity to the Prison. I know that here in Texas its not at all unusual they have a curfew in effect in towns/villages in close proximity to Prison facilities because of concern of Prison escapees. "

The thinking behind such a scheme would seem to imply that anyone found to be near or around such facilities after the curfew is imposed would be an escaped prisoner or there accomplices. I dont even know where to begin to poke holes with such overtly totalitarian thinking, lets just say its full of logical contradictions at the very least and not exactly synonymous with the spirit of the supposed freedom loving nation in question.

What happens if you need to walk the Dog or pop to the 24 hour shop/convenience store for milk, bread, or anything else your heart desires?

Uh......I don't think it has anything to do with totalitarian thinking. I didn't really get to finish. The idea (problem) is that a lot of the "Prison" workers, guards, staff, supervisors, live in the surrounding towns and villages with their families. They always live in a state of heightened alert over concern not only about escapees but also the recently paroled. They want to keep their families safe. I know because I have in-laws that work in the prison system.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Well to be fair, unless said prison workers have done something horrendously uncouth against these recently paroled persons i imagine they probably have better things to do with there new found freedom than to peruse petty revenge and possibly end up back in prison. Im not suggesting revenge attacks against prison workers do not take place, but no more than they do against Police or other figures of authority. Which makes the whole notion of said curfew being in place rather paranoid if you ask me. Whats to stop them simply seeking revenge before 11pm?

As to this curfew possibly reducing the amount of burglaries in the area after 11pm, that stands to reason considering in most instances its probably a lot harder, certainly more complicated, to screw a property that's occupied rather than one where the people are out for the evening.

End of the day any kind of curfew telling members of the public when they can or cannot leave there own homes is of a totalitarian nature. Hence counterproductive regarding the basic freedom.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join