It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex, money and lies: ‘Culture of Corruption’ boomerangs on Democrats as scandals blossom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The Democratic Party is battling scandals from New York to San Diego and from city hall to Capitol Hill, as the party finds itself on the defensive over embarrassing lapses ranging from sexual misconduct to multiple scandals ensnaring the Obama administration.

President Obama on Wednesday denounced what he called “phony scandals” and “an endless parade of distractions” blocking progress on the economy and other issues, but critics say the controversies underscore the missed opportunities for the president and his party to live up to pledges to clean up politics and break traditional patterns of money, influence and privilege in government.

Democrats chickens come home to roost

Whaat?

You mean to tell me the 'swamp' hasn't been drained ?

Gasp!.

House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi is thinking 100 hours, time enough, she says, to begin to "drain the swamp" after more than a decade of Republican rule.

Drain the swamp!

From their local leaders, to the state,all the way to Capitol Hill, down to the long arm of the IRS, and other government agencies seems to be the Democrat's keep making promises, and deliver nothing, but empty rhetoric.

Republican's were crooks, so are the Demcrat's both snake oil salesman selling miracle cures to problems they create.

Never had any illusion's that the right is better than the left, my argument has always been that is always 'misconstrued' that the left is no better than the right where clearly they are both swamp rats.

There are not phony 'scandals' on Capitol Hill only phony politician's covering their rear ends, as always putting their jobs,,their power ahead of you, and me, and this entire country.

Nothing but a bunch of kleptocrat's up there in DC.

3 more years!
3 more sneers!
3 more jeers!

To the self serving 'leaders' in never,never land on Capitol Hill.
edit on 25-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I knew someone would make the thread, thanks Neo. Both sides are guilty of the same crap, the dems are the latest, but as you pointed out deserve extra scrutiny for claiming to be better than the repubs on the issue of ethics.

Dems claim repubs are in a "war against women" then we find out that the dems are protecting the mayor of SD who has been abusing/harassing women. Nice

It's sad, pathetic, and criminal, and it continues because voters will blindly support whatever "team" they want in office. Right and Wrong do not exist in American politics and therefore no longer exist in America. We get the government we deserve and that is what we have.

Look on the ATS boards, any thread that has a left/right topic will have members making excuses for both sides regardless of whatever action was done. Some days I find it amusing and just move on, some days I get so fed up with the trolls and their shill posts I reply just to show I at least can't stand it. But it doesn't make a difference and it won't stop.

Look at how many dems and repubs voted to continue the NSA spying program in the house. And if you are one of the complete tools that support one or the other political party I have nothing further to say to you.

Anyone that has half a brain will recognize that they are living the repeat of the fall of Rome.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
phony scandals... Yeah, president killing citizens with out trial, No more 4th Amendment via any form of electronic communications, IRS being used to strong arm opposing political ideologies.

Yeah nothing to see there move along...

The US is no longer the US, should change the name to the Untied Corporate States of America as all of our reps from the president on down no longer represent us but their corporate masters.

Dem, Rep, they all need to be 1-2 term max and than thrown out on their asses, and anyone found to have used the post for personal profit hanged for treason.
edit on 25-7-2013 by benrl because: stoopid keyboards sticking.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Pretty much agree with everything said so far, except this.

Dems claim repubs are in a "war against women" then we find out that the dems are protecting the mayor of SD who has been abusing/harassing women. Nice

It was actually the Dems that first outed Mayor Filner and are the ones leading the campaign for his resignation. This time!

edit on 25-7-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Women reported the abuse to Democrats and nothing was done, until it went public. THEN SOME democrats called for his removal. Big difference.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

It was actually the Dems that first outed Mayor Filmore and are the ones leading the campaign for his resignation. This time!

They didn't do that because it was the 'right thing' they put party above all.

Appearances.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Nope, sorry. I've been following this since it first came out. The scandal was made public when Donna Frye, a Democrat, called a press conference and announce it to the world, that Bob Filner was being accused of sexual harassment.

SAN DIEGO — SAN DIEGO (AP) - A prominent onetime supporter of San Diego Mayor Bob Filner urged him to resign Wednesday less than a year after taking office amid allegations that he sexually harassed women.

Radio and television station KPBS obtained a letter to Filner from former Councilwoman Donna Frye that said she recently received "credible evidence" that the mayor harassed more than one woman. She asked that the City Council schedule a special election to replace him.

Frye, a fellow Democrat who once came within a whisker of being elected mayor in a write-in campaign, is highly regarded among Filner's liberal base and served as the mayor's director of open government for several months until resigning for a position at Californians Aware, a group that advocates for open government. Read more: www.vcstar.com... - vcstar.com

Former Councilwoman Donna Frye, who was a member of Filner’s staff until she resigned in April, and attorneys Marco Gonzalez and Cory Briggs, each hand-delivered letters to Filner requesting his immediate resignation Wednesday and echoed those requests at a Thursday morning press conference.

In her letter to Filner, Frye said she has "received credible evidence of more than one woman being sexually harassed by you." She made it clear in an interview that she is not among the alleged harassment victims. “I cannot in good conscience remain silent on this, even if those who have spoken to me choose to do so out of fear of retribution or the possibility of a media circus where they could be twice victimized,” she said in the letter.
www.kpbs.org...

Watch the press conference here: fox5sandiego.com...

EDIT Updated video link

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nah. Donna Frye is one of the only "clean" politicians we have. She did this for San Diego and for her party, and because it was right thing to do. Watch the press conference.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by neo96

Nah. Donna Frye is one of the only "clean" politicians we have. She did this for San Diego and for her party, and because it was right thing to do. Watch the press conference.

Clean politician ?

Doesn't exist in this universe.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well, she might not be perfect, but she hasn't been involved in any scandal and she's always been on the side of people, not big business or the military. Of course, City Council isn't all that...........

Frye first became concerned with coastal water pollution problems when her husband repeatedly became sick after surfing. She soon became an environmental and community leader. In 2001 she was elected to the San Diego City Council in a special election.[3] She was later elected to full term on the council in the regular 2002 city council elections.

In December 2012, Frye joined the administration of San Diego Mayor Bob Filner in a new position he created called Director of Open Government. She resigned in April 2013 to become president of Californians Aware, a nonprofit that advocates for open government statewide.

In July 2013 she and two other former supporters of Filner publicly called on Filner to resign as mayor, alleging that he has sexually harrassed numerous unnamed women by forcibly kissing them, fondling them and making sexually suggestive remarks. Filner issued a statement apologizing for "failing to fully respect the women who work for me and with me," but refused to resign.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sadly you hit the nail right on the head Neo.This charade that there's any difference in the ideologies of our 2 main political parties is over.Only those of extremely low intelligence or in severe denial can't understand this fact much less comprehend its dire consequences.Sooner or later something will have to give.This country is being rocked on almost a daily basis of one outrage after another.God help us...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

This charade that there's any difference in the ideologies of our 2 main political parties is over.

Oh there are clear ideological differences that's how they stay in power by manipulating their 'base'.

top topics

join