It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Understanding "Terrorists" (just hear me out) Poster's Confession/Explanation

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
if we leave now you might as well say good bye to our economy, and welcome the greatest depresiion the world has ever seen




posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
if we leave now you might as well say good bye to our economy, and welcome the greatest depresiion the world has ever seen


So the war is being waged to keep the US Economy afloat? Obviously.

Hopefully, the greedy will be punished, and justice will be served.



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
While it started out as an excellent system, over the past 200 years, and especially as of late, the constitution has been incorrectly interpreted, or just bypassed altogether in some cases. And the ideals this country was based on, which I love, are no longer as strongly evident as they once were, and should be.

This country has always had problems. Major problems. The idea that things were all milk and honey "back in the day" is nothing more than that: an idea.

The history of the U.S. is one of major scandals, outrages, violations and gross disregard for the laws of man, God and nature. Geez, where to even begin? Our nation does not have a spotless past, to grossly understate things.

For us, life has always been a struggle of one form or another. There was once a time when the White House was in flames. We have never really had it all that easy.

A land rich with resources became our nation only through bloodshed, treachery, and the worst forms of villainy. We laid claim to the land by virtue of nothing more than the conviction that it was God's will that we settle this wilderness and our willingness to ruthlessly kill for the mastery it. Thus we flourished.

Perhaps these days we are getting too fat, dumb and happy for our well-being, but even a nation of obese couch-potatoes such as ours can still muster some serious whoop-ass when the need arises, and that is the foundation of our strength.

Well, that and our self-righteous arrogance. Both are national treasures of ours.

Should we lose either, we will lose all.



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   
When I say an excellent system, sure there were problems, but there were checks and balances...those are disappearing, and we are too lazy to light things on fire here at home to change it before it's too late.



Originally posted by Majic
[Perhaps these days we are getting too fat, dumb and happy for our well-being, but even a nation of obese couch-potatoes such as ours can still muster some serious whoop-ass when the need arises, and that is the foundation of our strength.




Your posts always start off great, but end with a horrible, misguided comment.

"Whoop-ass" isn't gonna cut it. It's important, but there's more to being successful than having the ability to "whoop-ass." Now don't try to back off this horrible statement, because you have made it clear that is what you believe, when you said:


ours can still muster some serious whoop-ass when the need arises, and that is the foundation of our strength.


Foundation of our strength???


Well, that and our self-righteous arrogance. Both are national treasures of ours.

Ridiculous statement here. Being proud of your arrogance is good....for the opposition.



Should we lose either, we will lose all.

Another ridiculous statement.
Because of arrogance, military strength will mean nothing in the end.



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a US citizen who understands that arrogance can seriously backfire... i thought this day would never come



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tomashi
a US citizen who understands that arrogance can seriously backfire... i thought this day would never come


Care to elaborate?

[edit on 10-11-2004 by cstyle226]



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
Your posts always start off great, but end with a horrible, misguided comment.

That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day.

Yes, that's exactly the way I write my posts, and yes, that's exactly the way I prefer that they be interpreted.

Thanks for noticing!



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
cstyle226 - you claimthat it is our fault that we were attacked, yet what did we do to deserve it? The US has a better history of protecting mulims worldwide than any nation on earth.
you claim that America is no longer a democracy and that its people can not speak out against the current administration yet how many knocks have fallen on your door?
If the bush regime is so opressive why are there so many web pages dedicated to lampooning him?
You claim that the US is setting up freindly regimes and yet in afghanistan the people overwhelmingly voted for the US's biggest ally.
You claim that the Terrorists in Iraq are mostly targeting the coalition yet more Iraqis have been killed by insurgents than coalition forces have been killed by insurgents.
I can only conclude that you are a misguided fool.
I can only hope that you restrict yourself to opinions on an anonymous message baord because the day you act on your misguided sympathies you will have ruined your life.



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
cstyle226 - you claim that it is our fault that we were attacked, yet what did we do to deserve it?

The US is in Saudi Arabia, propping up an oppressive dictatorship, for money and oil.


The US has a better history of protecting mulims worldwide than any nation on earth.

When it serves it's own economic interests. What about the Christians being killed by Muslims in Sudan? Who's protecting them? I'm not just for Muslims being free and safe...I want it for everyone. So who is going to stop the genocide in Sudan? Why aren't we there? Because they are black, and there isn't much financial gain?



you claim that America is no longer a democracy and that its people can not speak out against the current administration yet how many knocks have fallen on your door?


My ineffective protest and speech which causes no threats to their power means nothing to them, but as soon as someone gets a following, and mobilizes a credible group, or brings up an accusation based on fact against the current administration, they have their character attacked, and their lives destroyed. Is that freedom? Well, I guess it is, actually.



If the bush regime is so opressive why are there so many web pages dedicated to lampooning him?

Because he is such a great man? Like I said, as soon as one of those websites becomes effective, they will no longer exist. There is no effect, there is no reason for them to stir up trouble.


You claim that the US is setting up freindly regimes and yet in afghanistan the people overwhelmingly voted for the US's biggest ally.

[sarcasm]I'm sure those elections were legitimate.[/sarcasm] Before the war in Afghanistan, UNOCAL wanted to build a pipeline in Afghanistan and the Taliban said no. We threw them out, and installed Hamid Karzai, A FORMER UNOCAL REPRESENTATIVE, and the pipeline is back on track.



You claim that the Terrorists in Iraq are mostly targeting the coalition yet more Iraqis have been killed by insurgents than coalition forces have been killed by insurgents.

How do you know? Where do you get that information, and before you tell me, consider the source.?



I can only conclude that you are a misguided fool.

Perhaps, it is you.


I can only hope that you restrict yourself to opinions on an anonymous message baord because the day you act on your misguided sympathies you will have ruined your life.


Of course, but the sympathies are not miguided, and I'll be just fine, thank you.


[edit on 10-11-2004 by cstyle226]



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Don't forget that most of us here are quite heavily armed. Imo, an invasion force might make it to our coasts but you would also have cousin jethro over in Texas waiting at the shore line with his 106mm recoilless rifle mounted in the bed of his f350


you make a good point though.



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I see validity in both sides.
The US is like Australia. Very youthful, 300 years old and full of self confidence and self righteousness. Thinking they have the secrets to peace in the future. Many older nations that are steeped in culture and tradition have tried many methods and their culture has adapted and hanged to accomodate this. You only need to look at Israel to see that currrent living conditions with suicide bomber attacks have changed their psyche as a people. and it is only 60 years old. Places like iraq that have had 8000+ years of culture and history have had foreign occupiers often its no wonder their a little shy when a new regime comes in to plunder.

The Us is having its on tustle with History. It warred with the Native Amerian Indians upon arrival. When that was done they warred with them self and if Im not mistake have warred ever since except no longer on its own soil.

What I find objectionable about Mr Bush is that he appears on my TV saying that he lives in one of the worlds great Democracies. This is just not true. Demoracy is a Government elected by the whole of the people, as is explained in the Oxford dictionary. America does not have 100% voter participation, so does not fit the description. My country, voting is compulsory and non compliance has penalties. Its is a democracy

I fail to see magics definition of Terrorist
You dont have to be a Muslim to be a Terrorist
A Terrorist doesnt have to kill
A Terrorist could be joe Bloggs that make a ph call stating that a water supply has been contaminated
Terror is a state of mind, an emotion
A Terrorist is someone who can change someones state of mind in a negative way.
The fact that This fear that, we must get them before they get us is terrorism because this is fear, based on emotion. It doesnt have to be true its had the disired effect



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
cstyle226 - you claimthat it is our fault that we were attacked, yet what did we do to deserve it? The US has a better history of protecting mulims worldwide than any nation on earth.
you claim that America is no longer a democracy and that its people can not speak out against the current administration yet how many knocks have fallen on your door?
If the bush regime is so opressive why are there so many web pages dedicated to lampooning him?
You claim that the US is setting up freindly regimes and yet in afghanistan the people overwhelmingly voted for the US's biggest ally.
You claim that the Terrorists in Iraq are mostly targeting the coalition yet more Iraqis have been killed by insurgents than coalition forces have been killed by insurgents.
I can only conclude that you are a misguided fool.
I can only hope that you restrict yourself to opinions on an anonymous message baord because the day you act on your misguided sympathies you will have ruined your life.



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
cstyle226 - you claim that it is our fault that we were attacked, yet what did we do to deserve it?

The US is in Saudi Arabia, propping up an oppressive dictatorship, for money and oil.


The US has a better history of protecting mulims worldwide than any nation on earth.

When it serves it's own economic interests. What about the Christians being killed by Muslims in Sudan? Who's protecting them? I'm not just for Muslims being free and safe...I want it for everyone. So who is going to stop the genocide in Sudan? Why aren't we there? Because they are black, and there isn't much financial gain?



you claim that America is no longer a democracy and that its people can not speak out against the current administration yet how many knocks have fallen on your door?


My ineffective protest and speech which causes no threats to their power means nothing to them, but as soon as someone gets a following, and mobilizes a credible group, or brings up an accusation based on fact against the current administration, they have their character attacked, and their lives destroyed. Is that freedom? Well, I guess it is, actually.



If the bush regime is so opressive why are there so many web pages dedicated to lampooning him?

Because he is such a great man? Like I said, as soon as one of those websites becomes effective, they will no longer exist. There is no effect, there is no reason for them to stir up trouble.


You claim that the US is setting up freindly regimes and yet in afghanistan the people overwhelmingly voted for the US's biggest ally.

[sarcasm]I'm sure those elections were legitimate.[/sarcasm] Before the war in Afghanistan, UNOCAL wanted to build a pipeline in Afghanistan and the Taliban said no. We threw them out, and installed Hamid Karzai, A FORMER UNOCAL REPRESENTATIVE, and the pipeline is back on track.



You claim that the Terrorists in Iraq are mostly targeting the coalition yet more Iraqis have been killed by insurgents than coalition forces have been killed by insurgents.

How do you know? Where do you get that information, and before you tell me, consider the source.?



I can only conclude that you are a misguided fool.

Perhaps, it is you.


I can only hope that you restrict yourself to opinions on an anonymous message baord because the day you act on your misguided sympathies you will have ruined your life.


Of course, but the sympathies are not miguided, and I'll be just fine, thank you.


[edit on 10-11-2004 by cstyle226]



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

The US is in Saudi Arabia, propping up an oppressive dictatorship, for money and oil.

so you feel that the fact that we trade with the saudi government is justification of the Terrorism against the US in the last few decades?

When it serves it's own economic interests. What about the Christians being killed by Muslims in Sudan? Who's protecting them? I'm not just for Muslims being free and safe...I want it for everyone. So who is going to stop the genocide in Sudan? Why aren't we there? Because they are black, and there isn't much financial gain?

For the same reasons France, Germany, The UK, The EU and The UN don't have troops on the ground. It was decided by international consensus the best decision would be to allow the AU to handle troops which we are helping to fund. Unlike the sitution in Iraq in which Saddam Hussein refused to comply with UN mandates for a decade the stuation in Darfur has not yet exhausted all multilateral options.

My ineffective protest and speech which causes no threats to their power means nothing to them, but as soon as someone gets a following, and mobilizes a credible group, or brings up an accusation based on fact against the current administration, they have their character attacked, and their lives destroyed. Is that freedom? Well, I guess it is, actually.

Oh right you mean like when Micheal Moore was imprisoned, oh wat that hasn't happened either.

Because he is such a great man? Like I said, as soon as one of those websites becomes effective, they will no longer exist. There is no effect, there is no reason for them to stir up trouble.

Ohhh right you mean like when ATS was shut down or when google was shut down or when Wait none of the Anti-bush websites have been shut down. Come to think of it "9/11 in plane sight" Is still being sold and all of Bush's critics are free to appear in any form of media they choose.

[sarcasm]I'm sure those elections were legitimate.[/sarcasm] Before the war in Afghanistan, UNOCAL wanted to build a pipeline in Afghanistan and the Taliban said no. We threw them out, and installed Hamid Karzai, A FORMER UNOCAL REPRESENTATIVE, and the pipeline is back on track.

Well sarcasim aside all of the international observers felt the elections were legitimate. As do Karzai's opponents and the Afghan people. As for Karzai's former job Most world leaders are succesful men before entering politics, would you have preferred he had been an opium smuggler or warlord?

In short you have yet to make a legitmate point, don't seem to know anything about any of the situatons you speak of, and aggrandise murders as heroes.

I'll be just fine, thank you

Maybe one day but you will have to put aside your hate and ignorance first.



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
My hate and ignorance. Read what you just wrote, before you claim to be some sort of bringer of truth.

You haven't made one point, after I tore apart your post, other than to provide weak generalizations and hopes that all will be well.

Come back to reality.



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   

You haven't made one point, after I tore apart your post, other than to provide weak generalizations and hopes that all will be well.

you tore what

You cant back up any of your insane accusations, you posted blantent untruths and haven't a shred of factual information and you tore my post apart?

Well thanks for the laughs anyway. When you get some facts, we can talk again. If you get a clue we can debate.
I haven't heard anyone as unable to differentiate fantasy from reality or as completly unarmed in a battle of wits since rush limbaugh.



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331

You haven't made one point, after I tore apart your post, other than to provide weak generalizations and hopes that all will be well.

you tore what

You cant back up any of your insane accusations, you posted blantent untruths and haven't a shred of factual information and you tore my post apart?

Well thanks for the laughs anyway. When you get some facts, we can talk again. If you get a clue we can debate.
I haven't heard anyone as unable to differentiate fantasy from reality or as completly unarmed in a battle of wits since rush limbaugh.


Wow.

[edit on 10-11-2004 by cstyle226]



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Wow, you're intelligent.

Yes I am thank you for noticing. Feel free to emulate me in order to further your Intellectual growth. I would suggest starting by reading books, magazines, and newspapers and actually considering, researching, and most importantly being critical of the information within.
Once you have done so you can then take the next step of actually formualting your own opinions based on facts as opposed to having them spoonfed to you by jihadists.



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331

Wow, you're intelligent.

Yes I am thank you for noticing. Feel free to emulate me in order to further your Intellectual growth. I would suggest starting by reading books, magazines, and newspapers and actually considering, researching, and most importantly being critical of the information within.
Once you have done so you can then take the next step of actually formualting your own opinions based on facts as opposed to having them spoonfed to you by jihadists.


I'd suggest you follow your own instructions.



posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Do you expect them to watch it, and enjoy?


No, of course not.

But neither is it an excuse to be a barbarian.

Attacking military targets, sure. Attacking military personnel, sure.

But it CEASES to be a struggle for one's ideals, etc. when they instead...

Kidnap, torture, and execute civilians.

Fire at the enemy behind civilians used as shields.


THIS is when it becomes TERRORISM, not freedom fighting. Any god who would reward such animals (on either side of the conflict in question), is no god worthy of worship, nor should such animals expect any kind of glorious afterlife. One who kidnaps and beheads a civilian (whether deemed an infidel or not), cannot honestly expect forgiveness from Allah, or any other god, and is simply deluding themself. When those in Iraq stop using the latter two tactics, THEN they can be considered freedom fighters...but as long as they continue to DELIBERATELY kidnap and kill innocents, and fire at the enemy while using innocents as human shields, they are not freedom fighters, but terrorists... Its as simple as that really.

And all the cries of martyrdom, jihad, etc. will go unheard, both by the world, and by Allah, for those who employ such tactics....no matter what faith you follow.




top topics



 
0
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join