It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal activity caught on shop security camera in Kent UK.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Bored employees who only attempted the trick once and didn't even gain the attention their inventive efforts deserved because the target of their prank didn't even notice the "floating" tea bag box. If the whole intent was to create a viral video and get the attention that comes with it, does nobody think they would have repeated the prank until they got the desired footage of a customer being suitably gobsmacked?
edit on 28-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
For some reason i cant help but think this is a good fake - credit to them.

"If its too good to be true, it probably is"

Good video though!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Looks like a confirmed fake.

A show recently aired in the UK showed an attempt by two magicians to convince an entire town that it was being haunted by a poltergeist. In the show they identified the shop video as being one of the staged events they were using to convince people that something was happening.

The show is called "The Happenings" and... well it's not very good to be honest. I think more people have been interested in the shop video than watching the actual show!

watch.uktv.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Sorry to brake it to you but it was a stunt pulled by 'the happenings, haunted town'. It's a doc and you'll find it on google. I got fooled months ago by this and then I watched that show and I was gutted!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BloodSister

You have a link for this?

/edit

Nevermind, found it.

doubtfulnews.com...
edit on 23-12-2013 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Its STUART AND BARRY. lol They are ace.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

EvillerBob
Looks like a confirmed fake.

A show recently aired in the UK showed an attempt by two magicians to convince an entire town that it was being haunted by a poltergeist. In the show they identified the shop video as being one of the staged events they were using to convince people that something was happening.

The show is called "The Happenings" and... well it's not very good to be honest. I think more people have been interested in the shop video than watching the actual show!

watch.uktv.co.uk...

Wow, you must have seen some amazing magic to think that this show "is not very good" . Care to share? Also, I imagine a lot of people who saw the shop video, didnt actually see the tv programme because it was only shown on british tv. And, part of the programme, was that Barry and Stuart intended on the video going viral, as part of their experiment/magic trick.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

thedoctorswife

Wow, you must have seen some amazing magic to think that this show "is not very good" . Care to share? Also, I imagine a lot of people who saw the shop video, didnt actually see the tv programme because it was only shown on british tv. And, part of the programme, was that Barry and Stuart intended on the video going viral, as part of their experiment/magic trick.

I should clarify, I thought the actual magic tricks looked very good - I loved the forks trick, for instance. My issue was everything else around it. The patter, the set up, it all looked like two magicians doing tricks with the audience rather than two investigators... well, investigating or whatever they were pretending to do.

I also was left with the feeling that some of the participants might not have been in on the exact nature of the "trick" but knew that there would be a trick and that it wouldn't be paranormal.

So no, I didn't think the show itself was very good and a fascinating premise was ruined by the wrong style of delivery, though the tricks themselves were fun to watch. A "wasted opportunity" is perhaps a better summary. It's the kind of thing that Derren Brown could probably have pulled off quite well, if he wasn't already recognised for the work that he does.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join