It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal activity caught on shop security camera in Kent UK.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This isnt normally my forum to post in but I came across this video and article and thought I would share

The following video shows what appears to be a box of teabags levitating behind a customer, the teabags then fall and the man picks them up.

Shopkeeper Michelle Newbold said the footage, uploaded onto YouTube last week, was ‘a complete mystery’. ‘I was perplexed I suppose,’ she told Kent Online.
‘I just couldn’t believe it. I have no idea about how it has happened.
‘I have never seen anything like it since I’ve been running the shop. The customer never said anything and I don’t even know who it was.’
Ms Newbold came across the astonishing footage while doing her weekly review of the store’s CCTV footage.
‘I review the CCTV about once a week and that’s when I came across it,’ she explained.
‘We check sometimes if we think something is suspicious or if a dodgy character is in the shop.
‘I’d be interested to find out more if anyone knows anything because I have no clue. I have never seen anything like this since I have been in the shop.
‘I don’t believe in ghosts and this hasn’t changed anything.’

Well what say you ATS?

Someone trying to prank the shopkeeper? the ghost of Earl Grey? lol

Link

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Reminds me of the library scene in Ghostbusters.
Interesting.

Skip to 1:25
edit on 25-7-2013 by Snaffers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Fascinating! It certainly doesn't seem faked or contrived at all. Very curious that the shop owner claims she has never experienced anything paranormal and that she doesn't believe in ghosts (and still doesn't). I'm sure the debunkers will claim it's faked somehow and is just a prank. No evidence seems to be adequate for some.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Yeah the shopkeeper seems more curious than anything else, she just seems stumped.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Looks staged to me...if stuff starts to fall from the shelves around you you'll do a lot more than look around like an idiot....probably someone pushing stuff out on clear plastic trays

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Looks staged to me...if stuff starts to fall from the shelves around you you'll do a lot more than look around like an idiot....probably someone pushing stuff out on clear plastic trays

I watched the last slow-motion bit a few times. The yellow object seems to appear out of nowhere rather than transition into frame from behind something else (as it should do if it came from the shelf) and the movement seems off.

Both the red and yellow boxes seem to be lit in a slightly different way and the movement of the yellow box just looks like a badly animated bit of CGI. The movements of the yellow box specifically remind me of my first attempts at compositing an animated 3D model into an existing video, ie not very well done

Edited to add: one bit which is tricky is making models move behind moving objects in the frame. The yellow box certainly seems to disappear as the edges touch the edge of the man's body rather than actually pass behind it. The red box, however, does seem to momentarily get blocked by the man's head. It would be interesting to see a frame-by-frame shot, but not interesting enough for me to go that deep into the analysis...
edit on 25-7-2013 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvillerBob

Originally posted by Maxatoria

I watched the last slow-motion bit a few times. The yellow object seems to appear out of nowhere rather than transition into frame from behind something else (as it should do if it came from the shelf) and the movement seems off.

Both the red and yellow boxes seem to be lit in a slightly different way and the movement of the yellow box just looks like a badly animated bit of CGI. The movements of the yellow box specifically remind me of my first attempts at compositing an animated 3D model into an existing video, ie not very well done

Sorry but the yellow object is sitting on the shelf clear as day before it moves off. It does not "appear out of nowhere" at all. If that is what you see, then it would explain why you had trouble with compositing, as you were probably terrible at motion tracking.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
Sorry but the yellow object is sitting on the shelf clear as day before it moves off. It does not "appear out of nowhere" at all. If that is what you see, then it would explain why you had trouble with compositing, as you were probably terrible at motion tracking.

Having just watched it on fullscreen I accept that; it doesn't help with the news channel logo hovering over that area of course.

I still stand by the rest my comments, however, moreso after watching it on fullscreen. And my personal issue with compositing was in relation to clunky animation of the original 3D model, which is what I meant in relation to the yellow box.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is so easily faked by anyone with film editing and special effect knowledge, that it is hard to tell the real McCoy vs the Posers. I can't say based on this evidence if it's true or not. Personally, I want to believe it's true, but, that box hovering seems a little off to me. It shakes before it falls. Like it was having it's bottom come out from under it all of a sudden.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I don't see that there's any need to search for cgi-based explanations to account for what's seen in the video.

Two fishing lines stretched across the aisle to serve as rails for the tea box, and one line attached to the box to pull it along the "rails" would do it.

A couple of seconds before the box falls, you can notice a slight nudge on the box -- as if there was a first unsuccessful attempt to knock it over. Then, the box doesn't appear to simply "drop", it appears to tumble over.

Perhaps the hypothesized fishing lines are being twisted from someone behind the shelving that the other box appeared to be pushed off of.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

All I can add is I watched a methyl alcohol bottle at a drugstore lift, hesitate and arc across the aisle once years ago. No strings, nobody else around and no, I hadn't had any alcohol to drink...

So dunno if this is real, though if not, good job, but I know it can happen... now I'd like to know why, for sure.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Did anyone happen to catch the creepy dark figure at the end of the aisle on the right, right behind the shelving within the first couple seconds??

Is that a person???

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisalie
This is so easily faked by anyone with film editing and special effect knowledge, that it is hard to tell the real McCoy vs the Posers. I can't say based on this evidence if it's true or not. Personally, I want to believe it's true, but, that box hovering seems a little off to me. It shakes before it falls. Like it was having it's bottom come out from under it all of a sudden

Seems a little off...
well yea its fricken hovering in mid air

I dont see anything that screams hoax ,may be some of the best footage "evidence" in a while.
[

edit on 26-7-2013 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by czechosicilian
Did anyone happen to catch the creepy dark figure at the end of the aisle on the right, right behind the shelving within the first couple seconds??

Is that a person???
there are usualy other people in a public place...

edit on 26-7-2013 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The yellow one I've could buy, it's quick and more in line with the level of physical interaction that is commonly seen. The way the red box pulls out is suspicious to me, because the movement is almost perfectly linear. As someone else mentioned, it's like it's being pulled out along a line.

Ghosts/Spirits/Entities whatever you want to call them can interact in many ways, and many have seen some pretty impressive displays, but they often seem to be a very abrupt and direct action, or series of actions; rather than the long, slow, smooth one the red box displays.

It seems odd to me that the man didn't notice the red box floating in the air when he first turned to get the yellow box. I also find it odd that he didn't look around a bit more after. Sorry but human nature almost demands that we at least try to figure out what happened, even if we only spend a second or two doing it.

Me, personally? With the poor resolution of a CCTV camera and 240p - I'd call this a probable hoax with a minor possibility of a real event.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I know exactly what that is. That is Mosaic-level faith. That is the stuff that splits seas, that is the stuff that walks on water. That is the stuff that has a staff and makes a snake that devours the other snakes of the enemy. That man is faithful. That man can make stones into bread, can feed thousands, can do a lot as long as he is sympathetic to a people in front of God.

You notice the etheric identity of the objects that levitate and then swoop into his etheric heart. So while he holds an object --- tea -- in his hands, the other objects desire to be with him so they go. Undoubtedly they will manifest in front of the saints who are in an impoverishment so that God's will will be established above the will of mankind. It was observed a transference of the boxes into his heart, so by his act of blessing that man has the power to bring abundance to those who are otherwise not capable.

He's a saint-type. The man has a big heart for God that transcends natural comprehension. The organizations that bring the product to the store shelves are powerless before that man. You could call it a certain thing in many religions, that he has power for manifestation. He is a treasure to the land in which he resides. It is the way it needs to be. What a gift!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

So basically you are saying he's a Jedi?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Look at all those tea boxes. Only a couple met a standard enough to be taken in by this person. They didn't all hover off a shelf and make a beeline into his sternum; if you found the names of them it would provide more thought for wisdom. I don't know what he is, truly, but I know who I can decide is in charge after watching a video like that. Jedi? That's stuff of movies. That's faith.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

I did not expect a response like this, very interesting. None of the articles ive read mention the customers name.

If it turns out to be a marketing ploy or silly hoax then.its a pretty good one..

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I believe the arm and shoulder we see of a figure at the end of the isle is most likely in on the hoax.

We see him slide to the right and a second or two after that the box on the right moves out from the shelf.

The old bugger in the isle may be in on it as well but most likely not. I am guessing this was staged by at least two store employees, just another hoax.

It would be much cooler though if it was a shadowman and we were actually witnessing a poltergeist, but highly unlikely.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The box of tea bags that are hovering and doing nothing of the sort. They are sitting on a 2" or 3" wide piece of glass with someone on the opposite side of the isle not being shown. the shelf reaches from one side of the shelf to the other that is not shown on camera.. The glass is pulled back quick and you can clearly see the box of tea bags does not fall flat to the ground, its like the box slid off as the glass shelf is pulled back quickly hitting another piece of shelf to push the bags off..Sounds like some bored employees..

Bud316

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join