It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Race relations have plummeted since Obama took office

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The great uniter can pretty much be called the great divider. Even the left leaning MSM is pointing this out. This administration plans are right on track as far as I am concerned. They want this.

dailycaller.com...

Only 52 percent of whites and 38 percent of blacks have a favorable opinion of race relations in the country, according to the poll, which has tracked race relations since 1994 and was conducted in mid-July by Hart Research Associations and Public Opinion Strategies.

Now, granted it is a poll, but I have pretty much seen the division spreading as time has went by. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now.

That’s a sharp drop from the beginning of Obama’s first term, when 79 percent of whites and 63 percent of blacks held a favorable view of American race relations.

msnbcmedia.msn.com...

When will people wake up? I'll bet my bottom dollar that they never will...unless it profits them. There is a reason why they are doing this. Power. They will continue to create division at any and all costs.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
You know... I would have thought it might have gone differently to look at Obama by race alone. The man is literally split, himself, 50/50 right down the middle. He is 50% White man. 50% Black man. Not so much as .01% more either side, despite hearing him talk as if he were 100% black and had never known different. He acts as if his white side doesn't even exist. Imagine how awkward it would be if his Mom hadn't passed away amost immediately after his election. Oh, that would have complicated his pure racial direction with things, wouldn't it?

Yet.. Here we are... He's the great divider alright. By Race, Gender, Orientation, Political Party, Ethnicity, Legal Status and more. Each and every one of those, I typed while having specific examples to support them rolling through my mind. He's earned the mention of each one that way.

What did we do ....and what did we EVER do to deserve this?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Partial quote

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

What did we do ....and what did we EVER do to deserve this?

Please let me tell 'you/we' what we all did to "deserve this" - We voted - and I'm going to make a presumption here - I think you voted for Obama - and now you are so very disappointed its beyond anger even; almost to despair - right? I'm not sure if you voted for that alleged person the 2nd time around - did you? If you did then you really deserve everything you get - and 'will' be getting for the next 1260 days.

His disgusting race-mongering speech today is the opening salvo for an all out racial divide - Black Spring in the former United States. Look out all you Obama worshipers - its gonna be rough times ahead.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Lysistrata because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Its hard to be a leader and a race advocate. We can be sure that many that voted for Obama were sure that now we can beat up on whitey a little bit anyway. The see Obama as H*IC not as the president of many ethnic groups. But then hes a progressive and surrounded with progressives and you just got to be able to understand progressives. And I am not trying to be trite as I set and listened to the progressives preach on race for a bit over at the local state university.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I don't mind him being a progressive or a "community organizer" even.
We can ignore those...though at our own peril as we see now.

Just as long as he is not the POTUS. This administration is a train wreck in slow motion.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysistrata

You scare me. Have I really come so far from being extreme right, as I once was, that people actually take me for having been an Obama voter?
I don't know if I should laugh, cry or seek a therapist to help understand what went wrong here. lol....

For the record. I've voted on a Ballot for Obama's benefit one time. It's the biggest mistake I've ever made as a citizen and it was NEVER intended to have the result it did. During the 2008 primary, I voted Obama in Missouri to BLOCK Hillary Clinton. McCain sure didn't need my help on that side of things and I hated him anyway. I disliked Hillary more though, so it was a throw away to block Barry. I was THAT sure a nobody with crap for a record couldn't win the top job on his first national exposure. Ohhhhhhh....... Live and learn.

2008, I wrote in Ron Paul

2012 I voted Romney as a PURE lack of other choices and the fact Paul lost the primary in Missouri, making it literally illegal in this state to give him a write-in the second time.

I hope that helps clear things up for any misunderstanding that I may EVER have supported this loser we have in office. Blame me for a lot, perhaps, but not that screw up. lol....

Oh..and I don't even go to vote for the Congress or President. Those races are fixed far far above the level I ever see. I go to vote because I'll be damned if I have NO say in City Council, School Board and other elected positions in my own city and county.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
A guy on the radio yesterday, a black intellectual of some sort, says that blacks violence toward each other is caused by self loathing, a poor self image of their own race. He says whites have caused this. Well one can hear much of the same thinking in the attorney generals remarks of late. His actions have more to do with race politics than the law. And this is what we may expect more of if certain sorts gain more power in this country. Whites will never be able to do enough for these sorts.
edit on 26-7-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The funny thing is Obama has done more to run black people into the ground than any president since Martin Luther King marched on Washington. Wolf in sheep's clothing without a doubt. Destroy black people who will never turn against you and then foment a racial divide to ensure the fingers are all pointed away from you. I haven't seen someone so skilled in lies,false accusations and deception since...Satan.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Couple this with all the "white victimization" that the sean hannity's and rush Limbaugh's love to talk about and use to rile up the right wingers and we could have a serious problem on our hands

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Since he started his campaign its been a racial issue.

He got the Nobel Peace prize without contributing anything to peace. Mandela deserved one, not Obama.

I guess they we're making some sort of statement. Who knows? A lot of people said the only reason he even won was because he's black.

So I think people are merely waking up to the hypocrisy surrounding racial issues. Think people are just realizing the way we've approached it has been skewed from the get-go.

You honestly can't force millions of people to just adopt an idea over night. They'll reject, they'll rebel.

You can't paint someone as a saint purely based on the colour of his skin, that's just ludicrous.

What we might witness is another stepping stone in racial issues. The opposite might happen, it could bring us closer together, because Obama has shined a light on things we always knew was there but too afraid to speak up about.

It was going to boil over sooner or later
edit on 26-7-2013 by JosephPalasky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

I liked his Irish Beer and Watermelon meeting though.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Couple this with all the "white victimization" that the sean hannity's and rush Limbaugh's love to talk about and use to rile up the right wingers and we could have a serious problem on our hands

Whites at large felt this way long before anyone outside the american Nazi party was talking about it. At least with Hannity and Limbaugh the issues can be discussed within the context of some sanity. Cant say the same for the american communist party. They cant even come out the closet without their madness being seen in full spectrum. So they hide behind civil rights issues and political surrogates and are the primary race dividers, users of useful idiots.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

oh you mean like as has been done with "black victimization" that the al sharpton's and jesse jackson's love to talk about and use to rile up the politically correct and black communities that ARE currently causing problems?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
The man is literally split, himself, 50/50 right down the middle. He is 50% White man. 50% Black man. Not so much as .01% more either side, despite hearing him talk as if he were 100% black and had never known different. He acts as if his white side doesn't even exist.

IMHO he has 'abandoned by black rolling stone daddy' issues. He's over compensating and trying to be what he thinks his far left ideological absentee black daddy would want. 'Am I good enough now that you wouldn't abandon me daddy??" That kind of thing. Of course, we can't know for sure unless a shrink were to have sessions with him in person .. but that's what I see (from long distance) as a possibility for his behaviors ...

top topics

join