It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman Trial Juror B-29 Speaks! (PHOTO)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The only minority on the all-female jury that voted to acquit George Zimmerman said today that Zimmerman "got away with murder" for killing Trayvon Martin and feels she owes an apology Martin's parents.

The court had sealed the jurors' identities during the trial and still hasn't lifted the order, but Juror B-29 sat down in an exclusive interview with "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts and she allowed her face to be shown, but concerned for her safety used only a first name of Maddy. Read more: globalgrind.com...

"You can't put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty, but we had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence."

"George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with," Maddy said. "[But] the law couldn't prove it."

"I was the juror that was going to give them the hung jury. I fought to the end," she said.

However, on the second day of deliberations, after spending nine hours discussing the evidence, Maddy said she realized there wasn't enough proof to convict Zimmerman of murder or manslaughter under Florida law. Read more: globalgrind.com...

"That's where I felt confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it," Maddy said. "But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can't say he's guilty."

As a mother, Maddy said she has had trouble adjusting to life after the verdict, and has wrestled with whether she made the right decision. Read more: globalgrind.com...

"I felt like I let a lot of people down, and I'm thinking to myself, 'Did I go the right way? Did I go the wrong way?'" she said.

"As much as we were trying to find this man guilty…they give you a booklet that basically tells you the truth, and the truth is that there was nothing that we could do about it," she said. "I feel the verdict was already told."

"It's hard for me to sleep, it's hard for me to eat because I feel I was forcefully included in Trayvon Martin's death. And as I carry him on my back, I'm hurting as much Trayvon's Martin's mother because there's no way that any mother should feel that pain," she said.

Sidenote:

We learned that of the 6 jurors, 1 wanted second degree murder, 2 wanted manslaughter and 2 wanted a not guilty, but they eventually all agreed on not guilty, of course. Read more: globalgrind.com...
The show airs tonight at 6:30PM and tomorrow morning at 7AM on ABC.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The whole Zimmerman trial is just a distraction from all the real issues facing America today. Just let it go..

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Someone wants a book deal.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Someone already has one. Juror B-37

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

That's a bunch of crap.
Now she feels bad.

If she really felt strong in her conviction that he was guilty then she should of stuck with her guns.

But there you have it. Under the law there wasn't enough evidence to convict.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

However, on the second day of deliberations, after spending nine hours discussing the evidence, Maddy said she realized there wasn't enough proof to convict Zimmerman of murder or manslaughter under Florida law.

"As much as we were trying to find this man guilty…they give you a booklet that basically tells you the truth, and the truth is that there was nothing that we could do about it," she said. "I feel the verdict was already told."

"That's where I felt confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it," Maddy said. "But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can't say he's guilty."

I think these are the most pertinent of all her remarks.

This sums it up.
Our law system works because it ensures that you do not get convicted of a crime with out proper "EVIDENCE".

This lady is obviously upset because as she stated, she was "trying to find this man guilty". She really wanted to, but in the end she did the right thing by obeying the law.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

As much as we were trying to find this man guilty

What kind of mindset is that for any jury.

Truly pathetic display of not understanding "Innocent until proven guilty".

What kind of jury tries to find someone guilty?

It should be quite the opposite.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well, that's sure one way to play both sides and try to come out smelling good to everyone. She claims she basically miscarried justice and sandbagged the system by peer pressure and not wanting to be the hold out.

Then claims...she agreed there wasn't evidence to support the charges.. Yet, she insisted, she fought to the end and 'in her heart' thinks he's guilty of murder.

Okay, sorry, that "I was for it before I was against it" seems to play like a magic act for Presidential Candidates of both flavors, but she isn't one and it isn't playing here.

I'd have had some respect for her if she'd taken one side or the other and stood firm. To try and weasel both ends to be comfy in the middle though? Oh, that's the most lowlife and cowardly approach I can ever imagine. She wants her limelight and her 15 minutes of fame game ...but she doesn't want the threats and hate for what she HAS DONE ...like the folks Zimmerman saved in a wreck were fearing just by passing contact with the man.

(GONG) ....I declare a total loser on this one and thanks for playing "How can I get out of what I did??". Better luck next mistake.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

LOL.. She is just covering her bases so she isn't threatened. Playing the system as they all do. Smart, but kinda cowardly.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi

Originally posted by superman2012
Someone already has one. Juror B-37

No, she cancelled her plans for the book.
The woman wanting the book deal is this idiot juror at the top of the page. It is disgusting that she said "as much as we were trying to find him guilty."

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I think it is good for her.....It is supposed to be INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.....Not guilty but innocent because there wasn't evidence to back up her gut.....

Typical american......Everyone does a bad thing except me.......Zimmerman was getting beaten by a thug and he was in the wrong? I for one am glad the law actually worked this time.....

Now onto more important issues Mr. President......How about the debt? Jobs? Economy? Awww screw it, let's hold more press conferences about this trial.....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I really wish we would drop this whole Zimmerman trial discussion, all it is doing is fueling the fire that is the distraction. Let it go, the verdict is in, he is innocent. Talking about it any further is only cementing the fact that the MSM has control over our perceptions and opinions of things and molds what we do or do not care about.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

She "felt" that he was guilty, but the evidence wasn't there.

That about sums it up for me. At least she was honest enough to follow the law rather than her "feelings".

What's done is done.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

"You can't put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty, but we had to grab our hearts and put it aside and look at the evidence."

this says it all. in her heart she wants to be able to say he was a murderer, but the evidence says otherwise.

her ethnicity doesn't give her words any more credit, despite what the article would like you to believe "the ONLY minority on the jury".

link   
double post.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

link   
So basically, the consensus is that in America, murder is ok, as long as you don't get caught? I guess this is why politicians get away with the things they get away with. Murder, being one of those things. Gotta love the "in God we trust" phrase.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

So basically, the consensus is that in America, murder is ok, as long as you don't get caught?

he was caught, that's why there was a trial. they thought martin threw the first punch and put zimmerman on the ground. zimmerman was the one screaming for help. from then on, all we know is zimmerman shot martin.

check out some of martin's tweets and texts. you'll find he was a very angry young man.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

oh

what a horrible excuse for an American.
Innocent until proven guilty is the standard.
she is responsible for her own feelings.

and what a wanker ... hint: ALL of the jurors are classified "minority"
they're WOMEN

apparently GMA has really lowered their standards.
what a shame.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You can't go through life on feelings alone. rationality has to play a major part. Law is part of that rationality and if we don't like a law, we can always try to amend/repeal said law.

If I lived just upon feelings, I would probably have been put to death long ago acting upon them.

What's done is done and I actually look forward to the Feds sticking their snout into this hornets nest just so they can get stung again. They never learn.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i knew this would happen! i predicted it in another thread!! she is not the only juror that felt that way, its the same as the oj and casey anthony case, in our gut you have a feeling when someone is guilty and getting away with something. they felt how i felt that zimmerman is a weasel and made the wrong decisions that night in following someone who was not committing a crime!!! also the fact they felt zimmerman was lying through his teeth about how everything went down. they had to find him not guilty because the way the system is set up it doesn't mean they can't feel in their hearts that zimmerman is gulty as sin!!! just like many people in their hearts believe oj and casey are guilty!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join