It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My kitty was attacked last night (Prayers needed please)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

It is worrying that there have been no further updates, but perhaps Antar has other things on their mind right now.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I shall have patience then. Just so worried about the poor ittle thing. Hope things are ok with antar.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm not much of a cat person but I'm still no fan of animals suffering. Hope your kitty is ok and my best wishes to you and yorn.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well i am a cat lover and am taking care of many cats in the asylum.
The sad thing is, when something happens like this, people often do not have the ability too do what is needed because they do not have the money for it.
That is the sad truth of the world today, money above the well being of living beings.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well as my friends here on BTS know... it is really hard for me to ever get pics to the comp. BUT, Without further a due, my little girl Egypt:

It has been a long and arduous road to recovery for her. This is actually her 2nd splint, the first was neon green, both cute and helped get her the much needed lovin's she deserves.

This is a picture of her on my bedroom floor where she can still look into the living room and feel part of things.

I am not even sure anyone would be interested in the first part of this journey but in short the night she came home she was what we called in the early 70's having "a bad trip". The nurse at the vet told me she would sleep it all off but little Gypsie never shut a cats eye and kept me and the family up until about 4 am.

We think she had WAY too much pain killer at the vet. She was hallucinating so bad and no amount of love could help her. I cried and was just so sorry for her. Even removed an antique quilt from the wall behind my bed to help her but then the walls themselves jumped to life in her twisted mind.

So finally the meds wore off and the only pain med I gave her was love and attention, a clean little environment in my bathroom, antibiotics, and lifted her to help her to the bathroom.

The next day she rested.

Once she was testing her ability to get around, she began going up on her two front feet with her rear legs up in the air, twirling her broken leg in circles and slamming it down in the direction(hopefully) that she tried to go... Ohhh...

Then as she got a bit better, and I tried to teach her to pull herself on her two front legs, no way, she did that old style rock and roll thing where they hold the guitar and slam one leg down as they walk backwards across the stage. The leg she slammed down was the broken one...

Anyway it has been a real job keeping her on the mend to say the least, she is one of a kind. The one time I left her alone for a couple hours just a couple days ago, it was storming and rainy and while we were gone she made her way from my bedroom, through the hardwood floors in the living room, through the kitchen and into the laundry room and finally through the doggie door and onto the back patio... where we found her at the bottom of the steps just happy that we found her and brought her in to eat and drink.

(We had placed a big water bottle in front of the doggie door but our dogs worked their way out by pushing it and so, the doggie door was an exit for clipsie, yes another aka for kittenkidday.)

I will always remember one positive memory of this when my youngest son took her riding around the house on a blanket where she grabbed at other pets and things on the floor.

I would love to try and get you some video of her getting around, but I make no promises. Even the vet was surprised that she refused to walk on the other 3 legs and instead the ways I describe above...

She is a cutie which is yet another of her alias's "quodie" Cutie with the best we can muster of a Canadian accent... I know, but we love that friendly accent and she really is a qwuooodie...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
One more thing, we did keep her little ice pack near her most of the time where she rested her leg. It gave her the relief she needed from pain and kept the swelling down.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It sounds like she's doing alright - wonderful news!
I know with your loving care she will flourish.
All the best,
ATA

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Glad to hear it Antar

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Oh thank God! I am so relieved to hear she is doing so well antar! Thanks for the up-date!

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hooray
, just told my cat Jake the good news he just told me he wants to eat me...but he is an evil bugger, I know deep down he is happy for Egypt.
Catnips on me folks

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I LOVE the name Jake and always will. Speaking of Catnip, I was wondering why they do not use it in Vet offices rather than the heavy drugs they gave my cat that made her trip buts?

Catnip is healing and can give the cat just the right kind of natural pain relief they need after something like this.

Anyway, Egypt decided to go sneak off to my youngest sons room the other night and crawled up under his bed between the mattress and the frame where she got trapped and pulled off her splint.

I found her early the next morning sitting in his room licking her gross looking leg. (well, shaved and still in the healing process, not normal yet) and yet could not find her splint anywhere.

We finally found it up between the dust cover and slats.

Soooo... now she has a bright pink splint.

Poor girl, she is going nuts to get outside and the other afternoon we wrapped her splint in plastic wrap and let her go out to watch nature and us playing a game of horse shoes. One of us had to sit by her the whole time because if we turned our backs she would raise that leg way up in the air and clumsily jump backwards to get away. But you know the time she misses most is sitting out on the porch railing at night listening to the sounds of wildlife and enjoying both the darkness and the moon.

It has rained non stop it seems since Clipsie (yep another aka) broke her leg. so outside has not been an option for the most part with the rains, storms and then the soaking grass and outside areas she loves.

Thanks for the catnip and good cheer, say hi to Jake for us and give him a tickle behind the ears from Gypsy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join