It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

------FORUM GUIDELINES------

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Saying how you can't wait to go fire up your bong in a public park because you love to get stoned and that it sucks that you have to hide in your house to get baked will probably not go over very well.

There is the distinction.

There is no actual benefit or need to discuss your recreational drug habits when dealing with the topics that are now allowed. It actually serves as derailment to the information presented.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

tallcool1
For example, discussing the new laws in Washington state regarding recreational drug use and how they may go about regulating these new laws and if a country wide relaxation of the law may be beneficial financially to the country as a whole...etc. I think would be ok to discuss.

Not correct. This forum is not for drug legalization discussion; either recreational or for medical uses.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

[[[REMOVED]]]

my question is this though: what will get you banned?

[[[REMOVED]]]

what's the skinny?
edit on 25-7-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Now that 217 Members of Congress have decided that all US Citizens shall be treated as enemy combatants, it makes sense to launch this new forum to discuss several matters of importance. They are:

1) The unconstitutional domestic surveillance of the NSA

2) The militarization of police in the United States and around the world

3) The rise of heavy-handed or disproportionately extreme police actions

4) Conspiracies surrounding the war on drugs in the United States

5) The US (and international) drug laws that impose disproportionate penalties

6) The incarceration society in the US and the overcrowded prisons and policies that keep them that way

And an important note: While we are now allowing the discussion of drug-related topics in an open, public, and searchable forum, we WILL NOT tolerate advocacy of recreation use in any way. Such posts will be removed, and the author's account terminated.

Super awesome. Including that last part. I almost wish members could "give applause" to a post.

Hey mods-- someone take care of that for me.

link   

just seen the answer for my question

edit on 25-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I see, okay, so we aren't allowed to discuss drugs as a general item, but more along the lines of CIA funneling Opium from Afghanistan to mexico?.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Senduko
LMAO, yeah, sure, here we can discuss drugs... lol.

Incorrect. General drug discussion is not allowed. Discussion of the war on drugs and disproportional law-enforcement and sentencing for drug-related crimes IS allowed.

So I can claim that the war on drugs has failed and that there is no point on some drug laws are they are ineffective?

Which would be fair enough.

If not I would advice just removeing it from this forum to be honnest as you cant have a fair disscuison without violating a T&C even accidently.

edit on 25-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why not find something to complain about?

The war on drugs and the prison for profit complex is a reality. You might not know much about it, you might choose to not know much about it...but that does not make it any less real and does not automatically lead to "T&C violations"...why is so many people concerned about that little nugget? If someone violates the terms, the post gets edited or deleted...if it's an extreme T&C violation, they get a quick introduction to the ban hammer...why or how is that your or anyone else's concern? Def not a reason to avoid an important topic of conversation.

The miltarization of the police and excessive use of force is another topic that needs to be discussed. We hear about people getting beat down and killed all the time...and how about all the pets that have been shot for no good reason? Couple this with the Gestapo display we saw in Boston and that is a thread line all to itself.

Don't want to talk about the Prison Industrial complex and how the war on drugs assures a huge and profitable population for the corporate wardens?...then don't.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
the link to the forum which shows above a new topic on the firehose or new topics page needs fixin... this one

it looks like staff has already grouped some threads there so we can get an idea of what is sposed to go in there.

(use the link at the top of this page)

looks good to me, seems like a sensible grouping.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Daedalus

I removed much of your post as it contained much of what would get you banned. Please, don't try to inject commentary that is against our stated rules for this forum by asking if I say, _______, will it be a problem?

Seriously.

Bottom line -- anything advocating recreational or person use will get you banned -- anything advocating legalization will be removed.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

tallcool1
For example, discussing the new laws in Washington state regarding recreational drug use and how they may go about regulating these new laws and if a country wide relaxation of the law may be beneficial financially to the country as a whole...etc. I think would be ok to discuss.

Not correct. This forum is not for drug legalization discussion; either recreational or for medical uses.

OK - I stand corrected. Sorry about that.

link   
Posse Comitatus Act Wiki

I had to reread the Act.

Just in case you need to brush up on the spirit of the Forum.

link   

Is there anything similar in security to what you mentioned in a non-Apple platform?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

tallcool1

OK - I stand corrected. Sorry about that.

. [color=gold] Follow the money not the high.

Mike

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Taping is not hard at all if you have the knowledge and equipment.

Tampering with telcom. lines or equipment is a federal crime.
edit on 25-7-2013 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Bottom line -- anything advocating recreational or person use will get you banned -- anything advocating legalization will be removed.

Okay may I just point out the Irony regarding your comment/ your stance towards this subject and your avatar?

edit on 25-7-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Senduko
LMAO, yeah, sure, here we can discuss drugs... lol.

Incorrect. General drug discussion is not allowed. Discussion of the war on drugs and disproportional law-enforcement and sentencing for drug-related crimes IS allowed.

query: how can we speak against what we see as "disproportionate" penalties and enforcement of a flawed legal realm, without appearing to "advocate" general useage?

the stakes (imposed by site administration) are too high, to not make absolutely certain of EXACTLY what is allowed and disallowed before posting on such topics.

it's kinda like that episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, where they went to this planet where the ONLY penalty for ANY infraction was death. maybe if you had a warning system in place, it would be easier for us to learn what you do and don't want here, instead of not being sure, and paying for that with a perma-ban...

can you appreciate what i'm saying?
edit on 25-7-2013 by Daedalus because: t3h spelling

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

To: SkepticOverlord

given that you removed pretty much my entire post, it is clear what is allowed; nothing.

thanks for answering that, in your own way, and making it clear that the "talk of drugs" section is completely useless....

why not just remove it?
edit on 25-7-2013 by Daedalus because: #spellingFTW

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

[[[REMOVED]]]

[[[REMOVED]]]

what's the skinny?
edit on 25-7-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

Stuff like " I went out last weekend and we did this and that and it was a real hoot!" I think stuff like that is no-no..
And stuff like "does anyone know where online I can order that"?
it should be obvious .. I hope that won't get me torched...Wasn't my intention..

back on topic,
What is really appalling to me is what the CIA and NSA are doing in Afghanistan just to make black budget cash to fund their nation building projects at the expense of the victims they unload the stuff upon causing many deaths and many families ruined and even destroyed over there. Not to mention back here at home. This is tantamount to a government sponsored genocide!

The CIA is in violation of America's Terms and Conditions!!! Operating illegally, let's make citizen's arrests on their field oppers and give them a whippin.. I'm sure they would laugh if they read that one... This is in effect, using chemical weapons against a country..
edit on 25-7-2013 by alienreality because: added

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus

query: how can we speak against what we see as "disproportionate" penalties and enforcement of a flawed legal realm, without appearing to "advocate" general useage?

the stakes (imposed by site administration) are too high, to not make absolutely certain of EXACTLY what is allowed and disallowed before posting on such topics.

Thats why I think it might just be better to remove this part of the forum as its going to be a can of worms

PS Not trying to be rude, just makeing a helpfull suggestion.
edit on 25-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join