It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

------FORUM GUIDELINES------

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Looks like a great new forum.

I love how ATS is evolving and changing for the better. Keep up the good work team.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm absolutely sure that the U.S. Govt. isn't going to come out and declare Posse Comitatus suspended. Since when are they ever upfront about anything relevant to it's population?

All you have to do is read story after story after story of them trampling over it to see that it's meaningless. This forum is definitely a good addition.

Plus, today is my birthday. I'll consider this a present from S.O. and ATS!
edit on 25-7-2013 by Kevinquisitor because: ITS MY BIRTHDAY! I'm 28 years old!!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

OLD HIPPY DUDE
I have worked over 30 years in telco.as a lineman to a tech.
What would violate the T and C as far as dissussion?

I can't think of anything in that subject area.

I also worked in the field for nearly 8 years as a field engineer for Rockwell International's Switching System Division.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Lets start with your quote of what i said.

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Posse Comitatus has actually been suspended

Now you have quite clearly misquoted me i think, or rather took my quote out of context and I take issue with that what i actually said was this.

unless Posse Comitatus has actually been suspended (and its not) i cant see a need for this type of forum.

Please if you are going to quote me try to keep the quote in the context of what i was actually saying.

So moving past that...

What conspiracy theorists have suspected all along, the NSA is using the technology first deployed to track enemies of the state on all domestic communications.

Well yes, I know that, I wrote a thread about how the NSA had been spying on Americans and how its actually been going on in a round about way for years so PRISM wasn't as big as news as people were making out it was.

This also leads me to ask the question, if this has been going on for years then why create a thread about it now.

Stories of militarized police violating the third amendment and invading private residences, and arresting the property owners, to surveil potential criminals.

I take issue with the phrase "militarized police", it implies "military police" or martial law (a true suspension of posse comitatus, again this has not happened). While yes i would agree that when you look at a HRT operative its quite difficult to tell at first glance you are looking at a law enforcement officer and not a solider, that does not make that individual part of a "militarized police" force.

Besides like i said before such units are needed when you have laws such as the posse comitatus act.

Stories of militarized police forces, with federal agents, using extreme force to no-knock invade homes "suspected" of having drugs.

So what when the police go on a dawn raid of a suspected drug dealer (yes the do exist) they should not be armed?

Lots of drug dealers also keep guns, just like most American's do, and it is only right that the police take steps to protect themselves.

It's not officially suspended... but in spirit, it's now meaningless.

Then why dedicate a entire forum to it, its not been suspended and you don't have the military enforcing the law.

to say its spirit is now meaningless doesn't really matter because as a piece of legislation it still stands and it still prevents the military being used to enforce the law unless of course it is suspended in a time of emergency.

Again, sorry, but i dont see a need for any of this.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What would help defeat the illegal NSA surveillance would be for people to go out and buy encrypted (black box) type UHF/VHF radios, cheaper than smart phones and actually private I think.. Voice encryption and enough power to transmit quite a long ways, great for city wide communications..

I just ordered a couple of them myself..

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Of all the people on ATS to fight with.

You choose the site owner?

Sheesh....Let me know how that works out for you.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Then simply negate it from the recent posts list, and you'll hardly ever noticed it.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You don't seem to understand that the police are being trained to use military tactics, and are provided similar equipment to the military as well.

If you are looking for labels and formal declarations, you're not going to get it. The line between police and military is being blurred. The line between unreasonable search & seizure and warranted break ins and arrests are being blurred.

The bottom line is the government is doing whatever the hell it wants to regardless of what Posse Comitatus, or the Constitution says.

You have a major issue with personal perception if you fail to see this.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

alienreality
What would help defeat the illegal NSA surveillance would be for people to go out and buy encrypted (black box) type UHF/VHF radios

Except that the manufacturers are require to register the master decryption keys with the FCC in order to qualify for sale in the US.

As a former ham radio operator, I have some experience there.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

that was the most pathetic ¬ quote mine ¬ I have seen today

I hoped you were better than that

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

alienreality
What would help defeat the illegal NSA surveillance would be for people to go out and buy encrypted (black box) type UHF/VHF radios

Except that the manufacturers are require to register the master decryption keys with the FCC in order to qualify for sale in the US.

As a former ham radio operator, I have some experience there.

Well I'll be darned
That really takes the wind outa my sails... There is one possibility to defeat this however: You could have an electronics friend build a couple custom radios for you.. It would cost a lot more but I think it would be worthwhile
there are actually a few small business electronics companies that will do this no questions asked, in Canada and the USA ..

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Didn't noticed that my trim took too many words. Fixed it.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

How do we discuss our dissatisfaction with drug enforcement policies while also avoiding advocacy issues? I can't explain my malcontent without explaining why.
edit on 25-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I would suggest that anyone who wasn't aware they were being watched for quite some time now had their head in the sand, as it were.

Perhaps I am the only one old enough to remember, or there weren't conspiracy theories or internet then, or it was another timeline (attempt at humor---hmmm,maybe), when people actually knew that those pink flamingoes weren't just yard ornaments....... Maybe no one really does know that.

And George Carlin for YEARS about the phone company. Surely, everyone laughed, but Bell Labs, anyone?

As for Posse Comitas in general, I thought it was suspended long ago, really. Just with a degree of plausible deniability that made it really hard to prove. Now we've moved onto the suspension, really, of habeus corpus....thinking NDAA, here.
Also, the war on drugs really is/was/never has been about drugs. It's an overarching (great word I haven't used before but hear everyone else say it, so thought I'd find a way to fit it in) excuse, justification, to arrest people for probably other matters, and use this in a political hedging/wedging way from individuals on the local, city, level all the way to international matters. Great, recent thread discussing this on Barry Seal, that belongs here now.

Arresting and imprisoning people is big business, and has been for quite some time. Gives lots of people jobs, in the judicial system, penal/corrections system, and the police and city administrations and state, for that matter, who oversee them....supposedly.

Allowing drugs into the country and trading them for weapons and using them for political international means to influence situations in other countries and their governments, keeping a healthy black market, bolsters that agenda--a financial one, primarily, I think.

Tetra50
edit on 25-7-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Actually, right now the most-secure communications method is the Messenger app on iPhones, iPad, and Mac computers.

A few app-makers are looking at even-more-secure chat and voice-over-IP apps for mobile devices.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am both Happy and Saddened by this...

And it was about time! Bravo ATS for the acknowledgement!

link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Then simply negate it from the recent posts list, and you'll hardly ever noticed it.

I am making several points that your just not addressing nor have you even acknowledged misquoting me.

Now to be honest I don't think i would want to ignore this forum because subject's around the police and espionage i find very interesting my issue is that these subjects are already covered in other forums and with the inclusion of the "drugs war" in this forum I think its going to lead to lots of T&C violations.

link   

A "war" declared against a segment of citizens.

Woo hoo I get to use the second amendment argument as a disarmed populace is easier to spy on, control, manipulate.

As to the police state WE are caught in the middle between the cops, and the criminals, 'terrorists' so in a sense we are just 'collateral damage'.

The US federal government the biggest weapon of mass destruction known to exist.

Welcome to our nightmare stand up and be heard

Don't tread on Me!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Won't be a violation as long as you are not promoting drug use...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Of all the people on ATS to fight with.

You choose the site owner?

Sheesh....Let me know how that works out for you.

what can i say, I like a challenge

and there is nothing in the T&C's that says "must agree with site owner" so I think i will be ok, nothing wrong with us disagreeing over the need for this forum,

I might disagree with the reasons cited in the OP for having this forum, but at the same time I am sure that it will produce some good threads at some point.
edit on 25-7-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join