It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plague-Infected Squirrel Found Near Campgrounds in Angeles National Forest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You are more likely to die from your doctor misdiagnosing the plague infection because few doctors have any experience with it.

Plague infected wildlife are found yearly in calif.

www.smcmad.org...
www.nbcbayarea.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well obviously congress needs to make more laws so we can be "safe" from this menace.

Where are the speeches?
Where are the press releases?

Wouldn't this be a perfect oppourtunity to remove the few remaining rights that we have left?

The ####wads in DC are dropping the ball on this one.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
'Despite it's deadly history, plague infection is serious, but rarely fatal in modern times'.

Over confidence in my opinion could always mutate, and only if 'treatment' is available given the fact of doctors over prescribing antibiotics that are losing their effectiveness.

What's to say the 'black death' won't become antibiotic resistant?

They know this, while I can see some 'logic' downplaying the outbreaks that can be just as dangerous.

Sooner or later we are going to face another 'plague' just a matter of time.

www.nbclosan geles.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I agree with you 100% and the fact that just about anything can become antibiotic resistant over time is something that people should really consider. If you really stop to think about it.... something as old and as common as gonorrhea has a strain that is resistant to all our known treatments. Why could something else not mutate? The truth is, it will happen....eventually.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hmmmm...for the last decade + that I know of, the open space fields in my neighborhood have signs up warning that the wildlife there (groundhogs for the most part) carry the plague. I just kinda thought that was the norm, humans contracting it might be a breaking news scenario.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

You can also purchase nematodes that are specifically for fleas. Spray them on the yard and they eat the eggs and larvae of the fleas. I've also heard that their presence will energize ants, maybe its a competition reaction.

We've used them for the last couple of years and usually within 48 to 72 hours no fleas at all on the property. You only need to spray shaded areas as the eggs and larvae can't survive in direct sun - at least not as hot as gets down here.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Last year they made the announcement that they'd found several squirrels with plague on the Idyllwild Mountain, which is sort of close to LA so I wonder if it is the same sighting or if it has spread. I guess some good news is there was a massive wildfire up there that might have wiped out quite a few of the infected..not trying to sound insensitive about it...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join