It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plague-Infected Squirrel Found Near Campgrounds in Angeles National Forest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Plague-Infected Squirrel Found Near Campgrounds in Angeles National Forest

www.nbclosan geles.com

A squirrel infected with plague bacteria prompted the closure of popular campgrounds in the Angeles National Forest on Wednesday, according to Los Angeles County health officials
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com
www.cdc.gov

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
'Despite it's deadly history, plague infection is serious, but rarely fatal in modern times'.

Over confidence in my opinion could always mutate, and only if 'treatment' is available given the fact of doctors over prescribing antibiotics that are losing their effectiveness.

What's to say the 'black death' won't become antibiotic resistant?

They know this, while I can see some 'logic' downplaying the outbreaks that can be just as dangerous.

Sooner or later we are going to face another 'plague' just a matter of time.

www.nbclosan geles.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Treatable or not 1 in 7 will still die from it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Not to make light because it's a serious subject,
but after I read the story, I pictured an old decrepit
squirrel pushing a little squirrel sized cart saying,
"Bring out your dead".

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The plague is fairly common in some areas, but few people get sick from it. Anthrax is another one that is fairly common in some areas, especially the western United States.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
"Bring out your dead".

That sir, is not only making light of a serious issue; It is outright hilarious! In fact it might be the funniest thing anyone has said on ATS in months.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I heard of a blend of essential oil that 4 thieves in those times used to rob the graves of plague victims. Perhaps using it now will not only help with those antibiotic resistant strains, but the black death as well.

There are five oils most commonly used in modern ”robber oil” blends: Clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary.
DIY All-Purpose Anti-Bacterial Essential Oil Blend

According to my Modern Essentials reference book:

Clove essential oil is analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, a strong antiseptic, and an immune stimulant (among other things…)

Lemon essential oil is antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic, and antidepressant (among other things…)

Cinnamon essential oil is antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiviral, antiparasitic, and anti-infectious (among other things…)

Eucalyptus essential oil is analgesic, antibacterial, anti-infectious, antiviral, and an expectorant (among other things…)

Rosemary essential oil is analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-infectious, and also an expectorant (among other things…)

Another source

And according to Moutain Rose Herbs

Ingredients:

• 40 drops organic Clove Bud essential oil
  • 35 drops organic Lemon essential oil
  • 20 drops organic Cinnamon Bark essential oil
  • 15 drops organic Eucalyptus essential oil
  • 10 drops organic Rosemary essential oil

So, it looks like it can be defeated.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Update:
Authorities have identified the source of the outbreak:

Osquirrela Bin Nuttin

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Actually this thread explains Slayer's killer squirrel video.

Second.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What scares me most about this story is a tangential fact - this is the worst flea season I can EVER remember here in the south. We don't even have pets indoors and yet we are battling them because they are everywhere outside. It's crazy. Like I've never experienced before.

So, in my book, plague infected squirrel x fleas =

I'm glad it's on the west coast.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The plague is fairly common in some areas, but few people get sick from it. Anthrax is another one that is fairly common in some areas, especially the western United States.

Yep. Used to live in the SW--home to bubonic plague and hantavirus. Infected deer mice and prairie dogs popped up every year but it was remote enough where the cases were few. There were cases of both, however, just about every year that I lived out there. LA Times remarked that there had been 4 cases of plague in LA since 1984 so the presence of the plague is obviously not something new.

Proximity to LA isn't cool in this case but it's not hard to combat plague. It's called being clean, don't muck with wild animals and treat your pets for fleas. Oh and don't aersolize (vacuum) mouse pellets because that's when you can inhale hantavirus.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is nothing new.

Maybe it is in California but the ground squirrels (we call them squeakies but they are basically small prairie dogs) around here have been plague carriers for quite some time.

Of course... fleas are nonexistent here...
edit on 25-7-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Only cuz I ain't been around

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

Four Thieves' Vinegar is mostly used by hoodoo practitioners and in "witchcraft". It was purported to protect the user from the plague but it didn't actually work...I wouldn't advocate it as a treatment for or measure of protection from the plague.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
"Bring out your dead".

Seriously just died.
"But I'm not dead yet!"

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
reply to post by Skada

Four Thieves' Vinegar is mostly used by hoodoo practitioners and in "witchcraft". It was purported to protect the user from the plague but it didn't actually work...I wouldn't advocate it as a treatment for or measure of protection from the plague.

Ok! I won't try that then!

I use to camp in the Angeles National forest when I lived in Orange county. That's where I saw a UFO and a big alien head in the sky.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thats why I keeps me some manuka honey..there is no resistance....hmmm just like in america!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skada
I heard of a blend of essential oil that 4 thieves in those times used to rob the graves of plague victims. Perhaps using it now will not only help with those antibiotic resistant strains, but the black death as well.

There are five oils most commonly used in modern ”robber oil” blends: Clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary.
DIY All-Purpose Anti-Bacterial Essential Oil Blend

According to my Modern Essentials reference book:

Clove essential oil is analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, a strong antiseptic, and an immune stimulant (among other things…)

Lemon essential oil is antiviral, antifungal, antiseptic, and antidepressant (among other things…)

Cinnamon essential oil is antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiviral, antiparasitic, and anti-infectious (among other things…)

Eucalyptus essential oil is analgesic, antibacterial, anti-infectious, antiviral, and an expectorant (among other things…)

Rosemary essential oil is analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-infectious, and also an expectorant (among other things…)

Another source

And according to Moutain Rose Herbs

Ingredients:

• 40 drops organic Clove Bud essential oil
  • 35 drops organic Lemon essential oil
  • 20 drops organic Cinnamon Bark essential oil
  • 15 drops organic Eucalyptus essential oil
  • 10 drops organic Rosemary essential oil

So, it looks like it can be defeated.

Ha! except when the bees die off Good Luck with that harvesting herbs and spices...

Looks like another message from Nature,

Think her writing like the writing on the wall of that story, Nebankinizar or wasn't it his son, etc., (Bible)

Well anyway, the writing is ALL OVER THE PLACE,

Little here little there. I'd think I'd be taking it serious and learning how to repair a broken relationship in humility with the EARTH and

Real Quick like.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Better quarantine or evacuate the foothill communities along the San Gabriels too; lots of squirrels and rats in these nearby areas too. One can never be too careful.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
What scares me most about this story is a tangential fact - this is the worst flea season I can EVER remember here in the south. We don't even have pets indoors and yet we are battling them because they are everywhere outside. It's crazy. Like I've never experienced before.

So, in my book, plague infected squirrel x fleas =

I'm glad it's on the west coast.

Hey KJ, what's happened to you fireants? Ours take care of anything thats ground level. We keep the ants out with Amdro(R) sprinkled around the perimeter of the humble abode. Other than that, the fireants would eat us alive. They will capture and eat fleas, and anything else that crawls around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join