It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Student Charged with Aiding Terrorist Group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Do we pity him or do we punish him? I honestly don't know after reading this story. From CNN

The complaint says another FBI source reported that Walker was an administrator for a jihadist Web site on which he communicated with a man named "Khalid" about equipping the Somali Islamic group, and obtaining false travel documents to go wage jihad with them.

The complaint alleges that in a communication on the Web site, Walker wrote, "I hate the U.S. gov't, I wish I could have been flying one of the plane on Sept. 11."

The source told the FBI that Walker, who was then in Mexico, had set up a meeting with "Khalid" at the El Paso airport.

One U.S. government official described Walker, whose home address is in Rochester, New York, as a "kid that was kind of lost and was looking for some attention." The official added, "there is no indication that he is affiliated with any terrorist group," but that he wanted to join the cause.

How does a "lost" kid ever get this point?
How far was he willing to go in this quest?
What drove him to this?
Should we care?

It absolutely breaks my heart that regardless of this kid's intentions - his life is basically over.

B.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
A few guesses, if I may:

Maybe the recent rash of "Islamophobia" in the US.
Maybe the daily massacre of Muslims at the hands of the US.
Maybe the corruption in the foriegn governments, maybe our government.
Maybe he thought he could help them, since the deck is almost always stacked against them.

I don't know...just a few guesses.

IBM

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Throw him in the Abu Gharib Prison and throw away the key. Simple. Plain. Efficient.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
He was going to assist those who would harm fighters for liberty. The very people willing to give their lives so others may have freedom, Abu Gharib is too good for someone like that.

IBM

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
He was going to assist those who would harm fighters for liberty. The very people willing to give their lives so others may have freedom, Abu Gharib is too good for someone like that.

Good point now that you bring it up. We should beat him do death in a slow death. Broadcast it on PPV and the profits go to the military and terrorist victims. Then we can sell the body for farm feed and then bill the parents for the cost of the beating.

new topics

top topics

join