It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 Pictures that will restore your faith in humanity.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Lovin' up the cats.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Check out them pics! Some people in the world do have a heart and its great that these moments have been caught on camera. I posted the link on my Facebook page but I believe it went unnoticed which is a shame. It might be party because when I reviewed my Facebook page there was the caption which said the same as the OPs title but a picture of the gay mans back side when he was getting a hug lol

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Alright I have a few more for everyone, more or less just uplifting stories, some you may have heard, some you may have not.

Christian the Lion; A lion, raised by two humans, is reintroduced to the wild... (Note; not the best music in that video lol )

This link is kind of self-explanatory;
Wild Elephants Gather to Mourn the Death of the Elephant Whisperer

and I particularly enjoyed this one; Ginger seal shunned by colony becomes the star of a Russian Zoo

Hope this brings a smile to your face

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by anon4m05

I wish those 21 images could restore that faith... unfortunately, they represent split seconds to humanity like a single stitches in the entire tapestry of human history.

This is not to say that they are not encouraging. They indeed are... but, I guess the cynic in me hopes for more while expecting still less.

Great OP, btw... enjoyed it immensely

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Perhaps you are right; but it is far better to see those stitches, even if they are few, and know they are there, as opposed to never seeing them at all.

Glad you enjoyed

edit on 26-7-2013 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That was so lovely ^_^

Thank you for sharing this my friend, love and blessings to you!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Fantastic thread,

Humanity Restored

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

That made me cry, I feel there is a transition here on ATS, maybe becoming a kinder, gentler place to post.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

This is most definitely in the correct forum. Our survival will require us to weather the circumstances we are going thru, both those that are created by our changing environment and those that are manufactured for other peoples agendas.

These 21 pictures had me crying like a little kid because they struck a chord deep within me. I have always believed we were capable of better than the actions we frequently see. It is uplifting to see examples, such as these, that prove it is a true, visible, tangible reality.

Thank you.

BT

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Threads like these are always a bit of a double-edged sword to me.

On one hand, it is so wonderful to see people doing this type of thing.

On the other hand, it is sad that it is deemed so extraordinary that such a thread can even exist in the first place.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam
On the other hand, it is sad that it is deemed so extraordinary that such a thread can even exist in the first place.

That is an extremely observant thing to say, friend. I cannot disagree. Though I believe that some reaction is partly due to the general nature of ATS; perhaps it just is not something you would typically expect to find on ATS.

Nonetheless, I cannot disagree. I will have to think on that point...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

THANKYOU...WE NEEDED THAT!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Made me cry a little.... I've been ill lately and been a proper wuss anyway, crying at all kinds of emotional movies and whatnot

But yes, lovely pics.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon4m05
That is an extremely observant thing to say, friend. I cannot disagree. Though I believe that some reaction is partly due to the general nature of ATS; perhaps it just is not something you would typically expect to find on ATS.

Nonetheless, I cannot disagree. I will have to think on that point...

Yes, ATS can be a bit of a dark place, but it also seems to be a semi-accurate cross-section of societal attitude in general.

It uplifts me to see people doing these things. It even encourages me in my own life to continue doing what I am doing!

Maybe one day, things like this will happen so often that creating a thread on them will be akin to someone creating a thread titled "The Sun rose this morning!"

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

We Are Winning

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Perhaps, but we have not won yet. That is up to each and every one of us to accomplish. It is up to each and every one of us to choose a different foundation through which to live.

Will we do it? Or just complain about where our choices have currently led us?

Only time will tell. But, I have hope and faith that one day, acts that inspire threads like this and songs like you post will be nothing particularly noteworthy, but a commonplace choice in the way each and every one of us acts in our lives.

We are all actively working towards something, the question is, what are we choosing to create?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam
reply to post by blupblup

Perhaps, but we have not won yet. That is up to each and every one of us to accomplish. It is up to each and every one of us to choose a different foundation through which to live.

Will we do it? Or just complain about where our choices have currently led us?

Only time will tell. But, I have hope and faith that one day, acts that inspire threads like this and songs like you post will be nothing particularly noteworthy, but a commonplace choice in the way each and every one of us acts in our lives.

We are all actively working towards something, the question is, what are we choosing to create?

I hope so too as well; but then the fundamental component which makes those acts what they are would be missing. I think the bar would just be raised and other acts of kindness would elevate beyond the commonplace acts which, although being good in and of themselves, would pale in comparison. It is akin to the difference between donating your change to a cause, and donating your time, energy, and sometimes your life.

Which leads me to another question; Are things good, because they are good, or are they good, because other things are bad? I am not entirely sure that the answer is clear cut. I believe, however, that there are things which are inherently good in and of themselves (but that's diving into Kantian Ethics, which I don't really want to do right now
)
edit on 26-7-2013 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Made me cry a little.... I've been ill lately and been a proper wuss anyway, crying at all kinds of emotional movies and whatnot

But yes, lovely pics.

Thanks for sharing.

HI blup, get well soon,
hugs

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I teared up a little.

I don't know about my faith in humanity being restored, but it's good to see there are a few good apples out there.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

For me, I feel it boils down to not only the act but the results of the action.

I think a large step of the whole of humanity would be to take the result into consideration when taking action. The action and its result seems to be as inseparable as electricity and magnetism. I will share a personal story that still impacts me to this day;

A family member of mine used to run a food bank. They were solely focused on the act, and as such, held no discernment for who was receiving what. The first few people to show up ended up receiving ALL of the food. They would literally bring newly bought trucks and buses to take as much as possible, and would do so every week. They were completely honest when I asked them about what happens with the leftover food, and would reply that most of it does get thrown away. The food bank was also involved in giving money to those in need, but again, was only focused on the act regardless of the result.

One day, a family who was very, very obviously poverty stricken and in dire need of help came along. They had no vehicle to transport the food, and only wanted enough food to get through that day.

But, there was nothing left to give... and they had to be turned away. The people at the food bank said "it happens all the time, but we have done our part."

Along with many other experiences, this is the type of thing that has shaped my view on what "giving" really means. It was the first and last time I volunteered at this food bank. "Giving" as an act is perceived as good, but when the results are not taken into consideration, it can weaken an entire society. It brings to mind the concept of teaching someone to fish, instead of just giving them a fish. And, focusing on helping those who are willing (but not able) to help themselves seems to me to be an important, but often overlooked, aspect of "doing good deeds."

That family did end up getting the help they needed, but it was not from the food bank.

It really is an interesting topic to me. Enabling and encouraging others to help themselves seems to do much, much more "good" than simply giving to them. It ended up being one of the core pillars of my own philosophy. The act of giving is good, but can be either creative or destruction depending on how we do it. By giving people the tools to make their own way, it seems to have much more positive results than simply giving them a product which we made with our own tools.

Really going off topic, so I do apologize for that.. I think that instead of having a society based on control and dependency, we could change it to a society based on enabling and empowering individuals (and even have all of the tools to do so). I think this one change could be the foundation to build a stronger world, but it is one that each of us, individually, have to decide to participate in. We all participate in the creation of our society, but by actually examining where we will grow based on that participation, we can very literally change the world.

Sorry for the rant
It is my life's work even if I do not see any results from it in my lifetime.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join