It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 Pictures that will restore your faith in humanity.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Perhaps, in ones browsing and writing on ATS, one becomes a little....well, sad, or disheartened. This is understandable.
There are many things in this world that make it all to easy to forget how beautiful the world, and those who inhabit it, really are.

But check this out, please;

21 Pictures

I am sharing this, because in some way it speaks to what Im trying to say.
To that end I say this;

Do not grow bitter; it serves only the interests of hate.
Do not grow cold; you may find warmth in the company of others.
Do not shrink from your humanity out of fear; embrace it with compassion.

Injustice, coupled with a citizenry which has lost trust in itself, and in each other, is a very formidable opponent.

It is too easy to see the world in a #ty, cold and bitter way. It is hard, my friends, to hold your heart and the those of others in high regard. We all feel; we all breath, and bleed. The distances between us can be simply measured by our unwillingness to acknowledge and deconstruct the barriers between us all.

I placed this in the survival category for a simple reason; it is the kind of spirit captured by these pictures which will allow us to survive the times we face now, and those we will face in the future. It is our working together, and our compassion for others, which will allow us to create a better world.

Have a wonderful day

*Edit*; I would also like to put forth the idea for a new forum, one which shines light on the good news, and the good in people. There is a lot of doom and gloom out there, and there is no real reason why we cant help each other feel a little happier about the world! A good news section of the website would not only facilitate good intentions as well as serving to balance out all the doom and gloom, but it may actually serve to better the mental health of ATSers!
edit on 25-7-2013 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by anon4m05

WOW!
That is a great message, friend. Great pictures, too.

I don't know if my faith in humanity is restored but I needed that today!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I don't know if my faith in humanity is restored but I needed that today!

Maybe not restored, but that much closer!! In any case, I am glad you have smiled. The post accomplished what it was meant to do from the outset. Have an awesome day friend

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is one reason I believe a lot of our troubles are made up and that we can live in relative harmony someday.

By made up I mean MANufactured, CONstructed...TPTB make the wars and problems we all have to solve.

Most of us on this planet just want comfort, peace, friendship and love.
edit on 25-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Dude, plucking on my heart strings here.

This is why my signature is what it is.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I am sceptic what comes to good of humanity, specially when big corporations are involved like subway, serving free meals to homeless is simply marketing trick which makes their imago "better" but it also can be a way to get tax refunds and serve ingredients which are going out of date.

What is this saving cats and dogs ? I dont really get this when chinese toddler was multiply times hit by a car and no bystanders cared to help just walked/drove away and a situation when couple left their baby to airport and hurried to plane. There is allready too many cats and dogs and feeding them speeds up destruction of the foodchain like overfishing. In Paris its estimated there is 1 million dogs as a pets.. those pets are better fed than millions of humans in Africa.

I know you meant well but thruth is much more sinister than we see !

link   

I hope others take a note out of these peoples book.

They are all beautiful pics, Faith in humanity restored

S&F OP
Thanks very much for brightening up my day at least.

link   
Thank you for those. Made my eyes water.

You know, I've often wondered, why nobody has started a news show, that only shows good news. I bet they would make a lot of money, and be surprised by how many people would actually watch it.
I sure would.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Subway franchise, I highly doubt this is a company wide practice.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
I am sceptic what comes to good of humanity, specially when big corporations are involved like subway, serving free meals to homeless is simply marketing trick which makes their imago "better" but it also can be a way to get tax refunds and serve ingredients which are going out of date.

What is this saving cats and dogs ? I dont really get this when chinese toddler was multiply times hit by a car and no bystanders cared to help just walked/drove away and a situation when couple left their baby to airport and hurried to plane. There is allready too many cats and dogs and feeding them speeds up destruction of the foodchain like overfishing. In Paris its estimated there is 1 million dogs as a pets.. those pets are better fed than millions of humans in Africa.

I know you meant well but thruth is much more sinister than we see !

In regards to your first point about Subway; that may be true. However, I work in a kitchen; when someone messes up an order, the plate is thrown out. The soup kitchen, which feeds the homeless, is merely blocks down the street, and on many occasions I have offered to run it over there. Still, I am told no. Whether it serves the needs of a corporate interest or not, a person being able to eat is far better than one who cannot eat at all. Also, we are beleaguered by over production, and thus we generate enormous amounts of trash. If the ingredients are going out of date, I see it as a better use to the alternative (simply throwing it out). That being said, I do understand you point.

As for saving cats and dogs; it is my belief that the capacity to feel empathy and compassion for things non-human is or will be absolutely essential to our ability to survive. When our moral community begins to include things extra-human, we are taking a great step forward in becoming a mature, responsible society. And as you pointed out, a good place to start may be to stop breeding so many cats and dogs; however, the fact that there may be too many does not undermine the claim to life for the ones which are here and alive, and with that, our responsibility (as being the ones to bring them into our world) to protect them.

Cheers

edit on 25-7-2013 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Number 17 made me cry...

I had a similar experience on a LA bike trail many years ago.

Only it wasn't a dog, it was a homeless person.

Always wondered if perhaps it were actually an Angel in disguise.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
All great

Not only did I admire #2.0, it got me thinking. How many of us would do the same?

edit on 25-7-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by denybedoomed

Doesn't matter a hill of beans. If it's just one, then it's just one but it's still better than NONE!

PS...Thanks to the OP for the uplifting images

edit on 25-7-2013 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Indeed I wondered this as well. I found an article with an interview of that man. His response to the interviewer was That it was not brave, but rather, it was logical. Great stuff!!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I needed that after days of dealing with some real idiots.... Thanks..

This exchange between a 3-year-old girl and a shopping center.

I love how the manager said he was 23 and a half years old...

That's style!

Not only did I admire #2.0, it got me thinking. How many of us would do the same?

That is why our grandparents are the best generation to so far walk the Earth...
edit on 25-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Agreed 100%

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
These are all really sweet. People can be great sometimes. Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thankyou very uplifting

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thank you very much for sharing this. I really needed it today

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Okay, that's it. After months of lurking here, I finally made an account because I want to say THANK YOU for this wonderful post! Some of those pics made me smile, and a few brought tears to my eyes. I love the idea of a forum for posting good stuff, you're so right about it being too easy to get down and get lost in the negative stuff. OP, this was a great post, it made my day!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join