It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown creature found in Belarus.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
link

Sorry for the all caps but that's how it's shown on the website.

And this is really cool. Here we have an animal that was part of a soviet breeding farm.
The Racoon dogs were released into the wild and they caught one that was killing livestock.
Definitely reminds me of the cupacabra. But i'm happy that this animal is a real creature and not some fake.
Great pictures.

Just several days ago workers of one Belorussian farm killed an unknown animal that had been attacking cows and calves biting their feet.

The local veterinarian examined the animal and told that it was the smallest of the three alike creatures seen in that district. Two others managed to escape. The vet cannot say what species of the animal it is. Hunters have disputes about it too. Some of them believe it is a mutant of some species. It resembles a hyena, has some features of a fox, a raccoon and a dog. The main local vet does think it’s a sensation and is going to simply burn the corpse of the killed animal.

One more alike animal had been killed by a Ukrainian farmer some time earlier. He gave the body of the animal to biologists who stated that the “chupacabra” was in fact a racÑoon dog.

Raccoon dogs started to be bred on Soviet farms in 1939, they had really good fur. When the war started all animals were released into the wild natural environment. Raccoon dog is a predator but it also eats vegetable food. It’s also not squemash about carrion and food wastes.

edit on 25-7-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/7/13 by JAK because: Caps title altered. Please see The use of All Caps Thank you - Jak

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Has a rather long neck for a dog or raccoon. Weird. They should just leave poor animals alone.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Access Denied from the webpage :/

Can anyone copy/paste image on ATS?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Thanks for the pics OP.
But don't they call that a weasel ?
And when they use the word livestock I picture goats, cows. horses. Not chickens and eggs.
edit on 25-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Looks like a little giraffe. They shouldn't worry about this animal biting feet, it can reach some more sensitive regions on an animal

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yep....seemed fairly weasel like to me.

For comparison I made use of this video.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Your images don't load, can OP or someone put up new links and images? So far it seems like it's only a weasel from other peoples comments.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Looks like an off-shoot from the Hyaenidae family
interesting.
edit on 25-7-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Looks like a ferret to me.

ETA: I know very little about ferrets....

edit on 25-7-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

It's the Chupacabra!

Run for the hiiiiiiiiiillllllllssssss!!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Looks like a baby Hyena.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The article seems to allude to it being a specific breed of wild dog.

so it's a known creature.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It seems to be a known animal since 1939...

Raccoon dogs started to be bred on Soviet farms in 1939, they had really good fur. When the war started all animals were released into the wild natural environment. Raccoon dog is a predator but it also eats vegetable food. It’s also not squemash about carrion and food wastes.

englishrussia.com...

So it obviously isn't unknown...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here is what they claim it is..

Raccoon Dog (Nyctereutes procyonoides)

I dunno, these look a lot more fuzzy than the one in the OP. Maybe they one they caught has the mange or something?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Belarus is the country that was hit the most by radiation from the Chernobyl disaster.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I agree, it doesn't look like the Raccoon Dog to me, not fuzzy enough. Very interesting find!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks this looks like a mongoose?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
wow that animal realy does look like a racoon and fox got it on.
Quick someone get the DNA kit

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I am reasonably sure this animal is a raccoon dog suffering from demodectic mange. Worked at a veterinary hospital for many years to get through undergrad and there's no mistaking the hair loss and skin condition. The fact that it is a widespread parasite and easily transmissible between animals would explain why there were other such creatures sighted in the area.

Edit: not 100% sure if it is a raccoon dog, but I am 99.5783% sure it's suffering from demodex.
edit on 25-7-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join