It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I PLEAD for it to just STOP! How about that deal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
ATS, I have a bone to pick this morning. It's been a building issue and now, I must let off a little steam. You see, my little teapot boiled right over when I saw this headline a short time ago...

Ariel Castro is considering a plea deal, may accept in court Friday

Meet Ariel Castro.

Perhaps, one of the lowest and most disgusting examples of Human trash anywhere on God's green Earth today. He has equals, I'm sure, but few to exceed his dubious accomplishments. To recap for others who may not recognize the name or face ...this is who that man is.

(CNN) -- A grand jury has issued a fresh indictment charging Ariel Castro with 977 counts relating to allegations that he held three women captive for about a decade in his Cleveland home, the Cuyahoga County prosecutor's office said Friday.

The new indictment -- which adds 648 counts to the 329 on which he was indicted last month -- encompasses all the years of the women's captivity, whereas the previous indictment covered only the first four and a half years, the prosecutor's office said.
Source

ENOUGH WITH THE PLEA BARGAINS FOR EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING!!!

Why do we even HAVE a Criminal Justice System when almost EVERY SINGLE CASE that is handled in this nation on ANY topic, for ANY crime at ANY level seems first and foremost about "What deal is being offered? or ..What's the best deal we can get??"

When I was growing up..I don't recall the Plea Bargain being a part of my options when it came time to face the music on something I did. Whether it was my Dad, the School Principle or a cop a couple times. No one ever asked me to play "Lets make a deal!". If they HAD...I would have lost a fair % of respect for them personally and whatever authority they represented. I'd have loved the break...but at the expense of losing respect.

How is THIS different????

I understand throwing the deal at the idiot shoplifter or check kiter so the State doesn't spend $100,000 to prosecute a $500 crime in a full blown trial like some mockery of the very system itself. So, the basis for HAVING the Plea Bargain DOES make sense to me....but...It's become the chicken and coward way for pathetic losers in the Prosecutors Office to ditch the job they were hired to do. PROSECUTE...not wheel and deal...CRIMINALS.

Now it would appear in this case, this animal will never..ever..see free air again, regardless. Fine..but that's still not the point. If they don't have the internal strength and character to ENFORCE the law as it was written, then get the damn law off the books for Death or whatever is being plea bargained away like it's of no real meaning to those dealing it.

Enforce the Law or CHANGE the law...but stop throwing our laws down the crapper like a bad version of a game show on the most SERIOUS crimes a human being can FATHOM like it's just a two bit punk out of the local Wal-Mart with a stolen skateboard.

Anyone else sick of the STANDARD ISSUE nature of plea deals to every seeming issue, no matter the depth of depravity or level of evil???? Why even have a court room so often these days. We can just set up a big auction house type arrangement to peddle the people off to the highest deal on the auction block.

'Do I here 50? 50..50..50... 50! to the prosecutor on the right! 40..40..do I hear 40 years? Current offer..50...anyone for 40?'

It's enough to puke over when seeing it applied to trash like this thing in the story. I'd rather put a bullet in this man MYSELF, as the state hired executioner in his prison, as the legal system DEMANDS IT, in my view ....than see him coddled, supported, medically cared for and basically warehoused at our expense until SOMEDAY, he FINALLY has the good manners to just die of old age!

...perhaps if a Jury of his peers deemed him fit to live instead of die for the evil he did? Heck, that's our system and how it works. I could live with that. THIS?!?! THIS is *ONE MAN* in the Prosecutors Office deciding to throw away the power of that Jury to ever have the opportunity for that judgement of, by and for the PEOPLE!

I feel a little better now. Thanks for listening.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Quit looking for justice.
Its a court of law,not a court of justice.

This guy will still serve time until he dies.

I do understand your anger though I will admit.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yes I agree with you. When child molesters get less time than drug related offences, I have a problem with that. I would be able to put a bullet in every one of those MF's and have a great sleep that night.

The justice system is not about justice anymore, it is about the law.

Edit: Forgot to SnF

edit on 25-7-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

You know, the problem is? It doesn't even seem to be about the law anymore. It's about case clearance and closure rates. Rates for the cops. Rates for the prosecutors office and rates for the State stats. Nothing seems to mean diddly squat in the humans the system was designed to serve and serve up, depending on which side your sitting on.

Law would be seeing this animal stand in court and meet his fate as that law says must happen..whatever fate the Court and Jury determined in the end. It's not law when a single man or his team take it upon themselves, with the blessings of everyone inside the system, to just short circuit the whole thing outright for their stat sheet or score card.

I hope the set of steak knives this loser gets is worth his clearance rate in peddling off one of the single worst examples of human evil our nation has had to view in many many years of cases to compare.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Just remember Wrabbit.

Somewhere in this World there are those that believe he can be rehabilitated, and there are those that believe he did no wrong. I am sure the deviants out there are quietly hoping for a plea deal.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Why Sonnny... Whatever do you mean? Of course he can be rehabilitated! Rehab means he'll never re-offend and no longer poses a threat to the people and overall society he's in right?

When his last breath escapes his lips? He's 100% rehabilitated!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by sonnny1

Why Sonnny... Whatever do you mean? Of course he can be rehabilitated! Rehab means he'll never re-offend and no longer poses a threat to the people and overall society he's in right?

When his last breath escapes his lips? He's 100% rehabilitated!

Are we talking about Richard Ramirez or Charlie Manson?

I read your initial post, and was sick. Not for what you wrote, but I totally agree. Its beyond stupidity.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

.....and some folks are against the death penalty! If this guy had their daughters I'm sure they'd have a change of heart on that. This guy deserves immediate execution in my book!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Wrabbit,

It is quite disheartening. I have britched and complained before that laws are invented to protect the criminals NOT the victims. Until the "Make My Day" laws were create over the last 10 years, I had thought that Our society was doomed to be a victim of crime to which there would never be recourse.

It is a HUGE problem that criminals have more rights than anyone else on the planet has. I do not think it is about justice but rather Money. There are those that would argue that Our prisons are already full enough and that by creating a plea both sides win. It also helps keep the prison population reduced to what might be deemed a manageable figure. When a plea agreement is made the Prosecution wins, especially since they get a point for the conviction. When the criminal agrees to a plea, the criminal wins. It is a True Win Win situation.

As society evolves so do the laws that govern it.

But, what we can hope for is that he receives some kind of justice when those bars slam home. I am not talking about the time he will serve, even if it is a life sentence. I am talking about prison justice. We can only hope that his fellow inmates will victimize him in the same way that he destroyed the lives of those 3 women. Although, the only real punishment for him would be a death sentence.

You never know, he could end up like Jeffrey Dahmer .

If that day ever comes then we might be able to say "Justice Is Served".

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I don't agree.

I'm disgusted by some calling for his death. Justice shouldn't be confused with revenge and if thats the case than how can we consider ourselves a civilized society? Sure he'll get whats due to him regardless

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JosephPalasky

It is Not about revenge. It is about justice.

Is that what you think punishment for crime is about? Revenge?

It is those criminals that has visited on society their dastardly deeds to victimize and take life.

If there were no fitting punishment for such crimes society would not have evolved into what it has today.

Make note that we are a Hell of a lot more civilized today than we were 200 years ago.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JosephPalasky
I don't agree.

I'm disgusted by some calling for his death. Justice shouldn't be confused with revenge and if thats the case than how can we consider ourselves a civilized society? Sure he'll get whats due to him regardless

He destroyed lives.
Dogs get put down for less.
Civilized societies do not let children become targets and then let the perps get away with it.
Once the family unit is a target and allowed to be a target by non-action, we fail to be a society.
What would you have done to this monster? Wait for Karma to get him?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It's not about revenge. In a case like this where guilt is entirely moot for a question, at least in my mind, it's a very simple question and really? This is as simple as it gets.

This man *IS* being sentenced to death. Either way. He is getting the Death Penalty and absolutely no bleeding heart can tell me otherwise. When you sentence a man to Natural life without any wisp of a chance of parole or ever leaving the fenced facility alive again? How is this NOT a death sentence?

The question becomes .... Do we kill the man sooner and get the sentence DONE ...or do we play feel good games about it, string him out for decades and spring 10's of millions, depending on how long he is rude enough to live, waiting for the installment plan to finish for a payoff?

I vote for getting right to the point and not spending fortunes supporting dead men's every physical and medical need for life. That's just me though. I never saw the logic of caring and supporting people just to insure they die in the room we've put them in.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

I'm not justifying what he did. Obviously his actions we're horrifying and destroyed these girls lives forever but death is a final and irrevocable punishment. Even the vilest criminal still remains a human being. If you respect human dignity and believe everyone has a right to life than that should be true for everyone and not only apply when you see it fit.

It's uncivilized because it says you do not believe people can be rehabilitated. So if that's true, why bother having a prison system. You don't believe in redemption? Why not do away with them and just hang each and every criminal, without concern for the degree of the crime.

Either way, and I'm not going to write out an essay on why the death penalty is inhumane, but what do you think happens after death? If you really want him to suffer for his crime put him in prison with a man named Barry who loves to..... well yeah. I don't believe in hell. Death is actually a lesser punishment in my opinion.
edit on 25-7-2013 by JosephPalasky because: I CAN

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Nothing happens after death, or something does. Either way people that prey on others and destroy multiple lives do not deserve to enjoy any part of their own life.

Tell me how you feel once your daughter gets abducted and abused for years like these women did.

Edit: He may still be a human being, but that is just a classification of the genus Homo. He is definitely not a part of civilized society and as such should not take part in it. We don't let tigers teach a kindergarten class do we? No? Why? Because we would be putting civilians in danger. So why let this animal into our society? Isn't it, like wrabbit said, more humane and easier on society to just end this monsters life? He will never enjoy it again. Isn't it less humane to keep him caged until he dies in captivity?

I know I rambled there quite a bit.

edit on 25-7-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

How'd you feel if you we're abused as a child, probably came from poor conditions, and started having deranged thoughts about women; and then having to stand in front of a judge while he decides your fate?

Pretty scary, though both of us aren't in either position, now are we? That argument isn't going to suddenly change my opinion of the death penalty.
edit on 25-7-2013 by JosephPalasky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JosephPalasky

How'd you feel if you we're abused as a child, probably came from poor conditions, and started having deranged thoughts about women; and then having to stand in front of a judge while he decides your fate?

Pretty scary, though both of us aren't in either position, now are we? That argument isn't going to suddenly change my opinion of the death penalty.
edit on 25-7-2013 by JosephPalasky because: (no reason given)

How do you know that doesn't perfectly describe me? How do you know I have decided not to be like my parents and break the cycle?

Life is choices. It was his choice to abduct these women, not anyone elses choice. He knew what the consequences would be, otherwise he wouldn't have kept them hidden. You can let your heart bleed for him all you want, mine does for the victims, and the future victims.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

It's uncivilized because it says you do not believe people can be rehabilitated. So if that's true, why bother having a prison system. You don't believe in redemption? Why not do away with them and just hang each and every criminal, without concern for the degree of the crime.

Actually I do believe in rehabilitation and I strongly feel we don't even try hard with it in this nation. Not even a little bit. That needs to change, but that's another topic too.

I also have no question in my own mind that some crimes, among the worst society has defined, carry beyond any hope or chance of rehabilitation or the reasonable expectation to even attempt it.

I don't believe there are many crimes from which absolutely NO chance of rehab is possible. I don't even feel that way about every murder. Not close, to be straight. A man shooting another man he catches in the middle of screwing his wife in their marital bed hasn't destroyed his very Soul beyond recovery or help. He'll likely never hurt anyone again ....after doing time for his crime, anyway.

This guy though? This guy isn't crime, as I see it. He represents TRUE and classic EVIL in a real world and meaningful definition to that word, not some figurative turn of phrase. I think we'd just be exterminating an evil presence by killing this piece of trash.

Also ....Prison holds ALL kinds of people. Many for non-violent crimes. Many, like the husband example above, basically good people who did a VERY bad thing and are paying their dues for it. What did THOSE people do where they deserve THIS monster to be placed among them for decades either?? He's not safe in the outside world, but he's not safe INSIDE, either.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: Edited one section out for content reasons

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Okay, let say hypothetically that does describe you and you managed to break the cycle, you don't believe that a succession of events and experiences that contributed to you in a positive way might of lead you to that decision?

That it was somehow not something you would have done under normal circumstances but fortunately enough you experienced things that helped you realize you can break it?

Not everyone realizes they have a choice and not everyone makes the right choice. If that was the case than we'd be living in a really fantastic world where people do not commit crimes.

And, if the death penalty did act as a deterrent to crime, than there wouldn't be any crimes or maybe even less crimes; so hence its nothing but a tool for the public to have revenge.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I agree with you. Some people are not intelligent enough to realize that they have choices. If they cannot/will not break the cycle or violent behaviour, it is up to us as society to do it for them.
Obviously jail isn't enough as there wouldn't be 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc, time offenders. Rehabilitation works in very few cases of violent/sexual crimes. So what is your answer? Let them go and watch and help them along? Or jail them indefinitely until they die in jail?
Either way is going to be very expensive and honestly, I don't feel that they are worth the trouble. I say let the families of the victims decide what to do with them. If they want them to be free, they watch them. If they want them dead, they kill them. Wouldn't that be a better deterrent then 3 square meals, a roof over their head, etc? The criminals have it better than some poor families that are struggling to survive!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join