It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover What's Killing the Bees and it's Worse than You Thought

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I don't know why the bees are dying. However, either way it is not the end of the world. The world would change as it always does when balance is lost.

However.

I do like statements like "crops grow best when its only nature and pesticides are no good."

In historical context, growing crops is a lot easier and carries less risk. Humanity has faced some tough battle out there on the fields, praying to gods that something grows. "Anything Grow." They would plead. And if nothing did, it was pretty much a death sentence.

Now, we have debates on what the best DNA structure for a plant is. Even though they both are almost identical. Oh, but one supposedly creates cancer because....it sounds like something gene splicing would do? I don't know. For how popular the theory is, it doesn't have a lot in the way of answers to questions questions like:

How is the new, but completely valid, gene causing cancer? How often does it happen, statistics anyone? If the only test you can quote based on acute toxicity in rats, then how do we know for sure that theory is correct? Come to think of it, why do people put so much faith into that one shred of almost proof? It seems a bit odd for minds that pride themselves on being "questionable of authority" and "Open minded" would find themselves so attached to this one theory? Especially when no one seems to be able to conclusively prove their case.

So many more questions come to mind. Oh well.

P.S. i love pie.
edit on 25-7-2013 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Oh yeah, so why not switch to monsanto with the pesticide and agent orange dna'd right in.

Its the GMO thats killing them and their new batch of bees sitting in the wings. Of course organic is the way to go however, not saying this isn't so, just pointing out the most sinister culprit.

Dad said you can just go buy a little bundle of bees for your garden. Isn't that lovely?

edit on 25-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Pesticide alone definitely isn't the issue but you're right--pesticides do have rather negative effects on immune systems. In humans, there's been some research that has been done that found that pesticides may very well be linked to autoimmune diseases such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and crohn's. If a big ole human being can have a bad immune response to chemicals, then it shouldn't be a great surprise at all that bees would succumb faster and in more dramatic ways. In a way, our bees and bats are responding like a HIV patient would to a flesh eating bacteria. They really are the canaries in the mine.

We tend to think of the earth warming and climate change--regardless of causation--as simply being a change in the weather. A change in climate can have a thousandfold little effects that can generate some very big and very unexpected problems. A change in temperature can make an environment for a food source inhospitable. A change in weather pattern can make a tundra flood. A consistent change in climate can wake a sleeping nightmare like these fungi.

We absolutely need to be making some serious changes and quickly before things start really rolling out of control. We cannot afford political bantering. I have very little hope to be honest with you but even with that, we have to all at least try. I am not one to scream doom at the slightest drop of a hat but in this case, I'm terrified.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
That would be a shame if the bee goes extinct. What if it is chemicals and pesticides? Who is going to stop Monsanto and others, you, me? We have all been convinced by corporations and their bought law makers that they will regulate themselves. Just like greedy bankers. People do not understand the real meaning of "greed".

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
So what is it I'm hearing here in some of the comments..... it's probably too late so why bother changing anything about the way we are doing things? Wow. Talk about a self-defeating attitude! Why slow down, we like the speed we are going, so what if its only a dead end we're on and its the wrong direction? Oh foolish ones! We can survive a bad economy. We cannot survive a bad environment. May I recommend a movie? It's called Soylent Green. Check it out. Maybe not Tomorrow's news Today... but how far off can it be considering the direction we have been heading so far?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Robot BEES
And it seems the big guys have already found a solution they can control

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Wasn't there a study done on bees dying and they linked it to corn that had been sprayed?

Not that I'm aware of.
Of course, that doesn't mean that people haven't decided that any given study has proven something when it hasn't.

Case in point...this thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Nope, it was just coincidental die off with corn planted nearby. Science from both sides state differing viewpoints. Sorry, I thought it was actual science, not a journalistic fluff piece.

Link.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Anyone of these tests ever test the wood boxes and frames beekeepers use? They are used over and over year after year.

Example,

Bee Equipment

Another

Years of soaking up chemicals from the keepers spraying them must make them boxes a toxic hellhole, just from a common sense approach to the problem.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I was watching Bloomberg the other day and they had a story about bee drones that could do the work of honey bees. I'm not making this up. They showed one, but said that the technology was still being developed and would not be useful for awhile. We better hope that this is possible if the bee problem persists.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Since things have turned this way, why not make GMH (Genetically Modified Humans), so the GMO's and dangerous chemical pesticide's can't harm us. And continue untill all living things on earth are Genetically Modified.That would make things alright... I guess

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
Even if we stopped using those pesticides and fungicides today, it would probably be too late.

/shrug

Why?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Drone bees!!!? A cure if the bees die?

FOOLS.!

Do you think for one minute the Forces of Nature will just sit by and allow an artificial Borg to replace what the Queens have already decreed? Have you not heard of Rust? Decay?

Even the human body rejects Transplants made by arrogant men...in their quest to be "gods".

laughable. Seriously laughable...oh Nature will let science succeed for a time let the FOOLS who claim they are gods make their toys after they've destroyed organisms they did not create. As if these organisms operated in compartmentalized vacuums.

Then once the Demi gods think they've cured the ill they themselves created, Nature will turn on them with yet another a d another and another. A TSUNAMI of horrors that all the brightest minds in the world will not defeat.

man chose to break the harmony, not Nature.

Go ahead and make little artifice bee drones, they'll be rejected, then devoured.

Guaranteed NATURE will WIN this WAR and bring the Science gods to their knees. nature as in the creation force-forces that are way over man and his pathetic male gods and consorts.

It's a Race that cannot be won, and the score card of humanity's greed, lust, cruelty and murder is a rackin up. Bee drones, let them try,

The Queens will simply come back with something much more fierce. The bed bugs infestations, the mass die offs, the spider explosions and webs woven over numerous places, the return of once extinct beasts, plagues with no cures that will make pandemics look like the common cold,

One cannot Pollute the Queendom of Nature and not pay the price...the arrogance of humans and their Asthetics is foolishness. And it will be their annihilation.

Let them make their bee robots. It's just another Pandoras door that will unleash hades.

When will humans ever learn?
edit on 26-7-2013 by ThreeBears because: Typos

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Actually it's purdee much what I thought. The fact that it isn't directly killing them but only indirectly by making them susceptible to pathogens makes it not quite as bad as I assumed.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

The bees aren't dying. At least, not in Canada. Why? My family and several friends and their relations saw with their own eyes the number of bees augmenting in their backyard and in the parks. Proof? The price of honey, and especially the price of honey bought in the farm that produce it, has dropped of half. Honey is cheaper now than before. That doesn't happen if bees are disappearing. Now, I can't speak for the US or the world, but in my country, Canada, the bees aren't dying, they're augmenting in numbers.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Einstein said that a long time ago, when the Technology we have today, wasn't around.

There are plenty of other ways to live now....

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

This isn't just bees; I've lived to see every type of wild insect and animal decrease. At my house In N. Florida in the 50's, there were thousands of lightning bugs, moths and butterflies, June bugs, bats, quail, song birds, honey bees, etc. Today, there is virtually nothing but stink bugs, mosquitoes, biting flies & gnats. There are no quail and few song birds left. I think there are fewer foxes, coyotes, opossoms, raccoons, etc. Few pears, plums and citrus are produced by my trees now.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Sometimes I wonder about this. I have a lot of bee keepers in my family. My cousin, for instance, has been doing it for over 30 years now and his father did it before him. He says that he hasn't lost any more bees in recent year, than would be lost normally. Maybe he's just lucky. He runs his bees in South Dakota and California.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Domesticated honeybees are not the only pollinators. Wild bees, solitary or colonial, are just as effective as apiary honeybees.

The biggest difference is that when you create habitat for wild bees, noone is making money. Bee keepers will bring their hives to your orchard/field to pollinate your crop. This is expensive, but necessary. If farmers familiarized themselves with how to create wild bee habitat near their crops, then the wild bees would thrive and they would save themselves one more cost.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Between this and Fukushima mans use of his intellect to fill his pockets even more will certainly kill us all.

Its just which one will get us first....................what a horrible "swan song" for human kind.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join