It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the U.S. portray an alien face on a mission patch?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Mission patches are used by military and space organizations to identify, symbolize and describe a mission’s objectives and its crew. This tradition is also observed in the shady world of PSYOPS where each secret mission of the Pentagon gets its patch.

Top 10 Most Sinister PSYOPS Mission Patches

vigilantcitizen.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Going by the motto on the bottom? "let them hate, so long as they fear".. I'm guessing the message is one of Omniscience and Omnipotence over all, in all dominions. Psyops of the power of perception and subconscious fears right in the unit patch itself.

Something tells me that would turn out to be one of the more interesting units to learn the inside baseball on.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jjsirius

Because the unit works with space systems. They exploit, and develop new systems based on what they exploit (such as allegedly reverse engineering alien systems). It's kind of a joke by the unit.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Given the existence of an alien presence here is still denied by government it's a rather ' in your face ' approach from insiders.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Or, and I realize that everything has to mean something to some people but this is a real possibility, the unit designed it as an inside joke.

There's also this patch, would you say that it's an "in your face" by insiders too?

Here's a hint for you.....the Latin on the bottom means "To Serve Man".
edit on 7/25/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
There is (of course) always another way of interpreting this...

The alien head, which is embraced by the US Air Force symbol, is an indirect representation of the Vulcans and our alliance with them.

Placed OVER the Air Force wing-symbol is an emblem slightly altered from that worn by the United Federation of Planets (Starfleet).

The words wrapping the bottom COULD be translated to read: "You Klingon Bastards, you killed my son!"

In summary, this indicates that the Federation instituted official ties to the current timeline when contact was made during the 1980s in an effort to bring George and Gracie back to the 23rd century to save earth from a probe of unknown origin.

But then again...

edit on 25-7-2013 by redoubt because: edit

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Because the unit works with space systems. They exploit, and develop new systems based on what they exploit (such as allegedly reverse engineering alien systems). It's kind of a joke by the unit.

To add...

Yep it's a joke and disinformation. It's really the Navy that has a secret program up there. Shows like Stargate SG:1 and others portray the Air Force being in charge of any potential secret space program...not true!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

That would make sense, because we always refer to the heavens as a Sea of Stars. I think I have heard that the Navy has a space command. And they would refer to anything up in space as a ship, so it makes sense in my head.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Or, and I realize that everything has to mean something to some people but this is a real possibility, the unit designed it as an inside joke.

There's also this patch, would you say that it's an "in your face" by insiders too?

edit on 7/25/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

OMG Zaphod! That's the unit!! That must be the place where the big purple people eaters hide and take their dinner aggressions out on the human race! Look! You have the dastardly fiends right on the patch..then you have them holding their UFO (used to abduct dinner before preparing to their liking for service, I suspect) and ..Oh the nerve!

They have the gall to put their Knife and Fork right on the patch, as if to mock us all as their next snack. A little gleam to the knife tip, as if to highlight the point. Test flights my foot. A likely story and cover for their dietary crimes.

You've cracked the case. We have our culprits. Now let's get 'em! (fires up the 4x4)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here's a question for ya.

Whats up with the Latin on these and other patches? Latin is a dead language no one speaks anymore. They KNOW this.

Why try to hide these slogans from the public?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Because Latin says it a lot better than English would. For example, Semper Paratus sounds a lot better than Always Prepared. As does Aut Vincere Aut Mors for Win or Die. The units decide the motto, and a lot of them prefer Latin over English, just because it sounds a lot better.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It is my understanding that there is a storage closet at the Cheyenne Mountain Complex that also has a patch on it... is it a secret program? No... it's a joke:

Military folks have an odd sense of humor at times. We used to have a sq patch (3552 FS...) that had the letters V.S.F. embroidered on it. Much was made about what that V.S.F. lettering meant... Victory Strength Freedom? Nope. Very Severely Effed.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Hey Zaph, we've crossed paths before, however your explanation is exactly correct. Depending on the defense unit, mission and significance....patches are made, some are really cool, Like "we own the night" and a bunch of others....some have real truth behind them, but in an effort not to disclose the scope of their mission, they have some fun. Notice the V shaped aircraft at the bottom of the patch and the larger one if turned upside down....fun, levity for sure, but there is a message being sent......then...

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

To add...

Yep it's a joke and disinformation. It's really the Navy that has a secret program up there. Shows like Stargate SG:1 and others portray the Air Force being in charge of any potential secret space program...not true!

....and MystikMushroom, haven't seen you recently, but I've been away doing my thing....however, what I will say is that you have hit upon the most kept secret in open view. The US Navy has so many black/covert projects listed in the Military budget than all of the other Military units combined. YET, everyone focuses on the Airforce. The Navy has a severe, strong, intelligence, functional and deployment strategy both operational and in production of projects that would blow your mind......at least 30 years beyond anything that Area 51 is involved with, and oh btw, has more or less now a diversionary site.....all of the real work, development, and deployment of real and experimental projects are being conducted elsewhere and not necessarily on U.S. territory. Ok, 'nuff said.....stay tuned, as they say "you haven't seen nothing yet" Peace!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
"Congregaveruntque altior et profundior"

Super Secret Nighthawk Commandos
Shadow Section,
Ghost Platoon
You didn't see me,
We weren't here.
Mum's the word.

edit on 25-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

It actually means :tastes like chicken:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Aliens are an inside joke on the public.
What's new?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

It's a logo of a Grey.
Obfuscate it all you want.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I've heard it either way, but that one is the more common one that I've heard. Either way, it's funny as hell.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I'd correct you, but why bother. You're already convinced aliens are here, and working with the government, and nothing will change your mind, no matter how much proof is provided.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I find the "ITS ONLY A JOKE BY THE UNIT" line a bit old and annoying, all the occult symbolism has meaning behind it, quit acting ignorant

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join