It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people running out of new stuff to post on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Nah,
The problem here is that there are plenty of great threads here that aren't garbage. Most of them are just not read because people are too busy writing multiple new threads about the same thing. Or about nothing.

I like to poke around in the old threads and post on them to bump them up to the recents but people seem to ignore them. Or worse, they read these threads and then create a new thread about the same thing.

You see a well researched thread every now and then, or one that is well thought out and presented...but most of them don't get a lot of traction.

Trolling threads get a lot of flags and stars for some reason.

Things will pick up in the fall once the kids go back to school and everybody isn't off on vacation.
edit on 25-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I am not so sure that school being out is the main issue. I think it exacerbates things, but the overall attitude is much the same year round, year after year.

I have really come to the conclusion that the majority of people are more interested in complaining than anything else. The next largest percentage are those who tear down the ideas of others, because that is easier than building their own and sharing it.

I tend to think its a law of the universe to take the path of least resistance (the easiest route). But, I also feel that the true power of what we perceive as free will is in being able to choose a more difficult route for various reasons.

Sometimes I think that free will is a lot like a skill, where it needs to be practiced and utilized to effectively use it. But it seems that some are just happy enough to be carried downstream by the current, even if it is heading right towards a cliff.

Psychologically and socially, I find it all very interesting even if it can be frustrating. I like to look at it as planting seeds, where the ideas can grow but it takes time.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam

Psychologically and socially, I find it all very interesting even if it can be frustrating. I like to look at it as planting seeds, where the ideas can grow but it takes time.

It is a good exercise for learning to deal with frustration.

Being able to read an absolute load of insane garbage and ignore it instead of trying to reason with a crazy person is a good skill to have.

I learned that here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I dunno, trying to reason through it has its perks

It seems that mass majority do this very thing every day. The furthest most will go is complain about things, but will continue to take the same actions that created what they are complaining about. After a while, that "rut" is dug so deeply that it truly takes some effort to climb out.

Will it ever change? I think so. We have the ability to do so, but the option has not been introduced to most people for various reasons. In fact, I think that technology will force us to consciously re-write our cultural story at some point. Once it reaches a certain level, weaponization will result in destruction on a scale which has never been seen. On the flip side, it enables humanity to reach levels never before seen. Which path we take is up to all of us individually.

I think that technology will eventually force us into a distinct decision on whether to work together, or destroy everything. It might be more effective if we start building towards empowering individuals rather than controlling them, since that mode of operation directly results in either foundations for growth or foundations for destruction, respectively.

I have a feeling that moment is coming soon (within the next century), so I figure I will personally start working towards the change I wish to see in the world.

What each of us is working towards is directly observable in message boards such as ATS. Currently, its not looking so good. But, we can change that! It is what I tried to do with the posts in my sig. I did not expect any response whatsoever, but I got some. Those seeds have been planted, so we will see how they grow.

edit on 27-7-2013 by Serdgiam because: dyslexai stirkes agian!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
for the last week nearly every single post is a repeat either about the Syrian war or zimmerman or a sighting of a UFO in Russia i see these repeated at least 5-7 times on a daily basis,dont people ever check to see if something has already been posted.?

Don't know about anyone else, but I can't get the search function to call up anything related to what I want to post. Then once I make a thread somebody else does a search and finds a thread on my topic. Maybe I have lousy search skills. I dunno.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join