It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Creature in the Persian Gulf?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I agree with that. Just judging by the girth of what we are supposing is a backbone it would have to be a very heavy creature.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nuke2013

Yes, very similar!

IRM

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I didn't see any comments or anything at your source.

Do you know anything about the story?

Like if a sample was taken for testing?
Which would tell us exactly what kind of whale, etc.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

That a dead whale. It' been dead for a while.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Obviously, it is an Alla-hipo-rhyonoso-moose.

But seriously, I wish they had lifted it out of the water to take more pics.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beartracker16
Obviously, it is an Alla-hipo-rhyonoso-moose.

But seriously, I wish they had lifted it out of the water to take more pics.

Lift it out the water, with what, a Giant Sieve, I would even poke that stinking carcass with a stick.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I can see that's a large salt water crocodile from a mile away...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Fourth pict appears to show a boney skeleton. Sharks and rays have cartilage for their skeletons, not bone. It's a whale.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
thinking outside-the-box....

the object could be a dead 'black-triangle' ...which was once a live creature we see in the skies & call UFOs

the gross appearance is a result of the air-borne creatures exposure to the sea-salt, et al.

we wll 'see' generalized resembelances to common body parts of regular terrestrial animals...because that is Nature..

but the 'black-triangle' flying/soaring creaturesare are perfectly evolved for an aerial existance, but the specimen your looking at in the thread is totally waterlogged and saturated... by drying the body out the scientists will discover that it is extremely light weight and fragile and the bone structure is a network of empty honeycombs

but this info will be kept from the public and a whale carcass will be the final explaination
edit on 25-7-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
Fourth pict appears to show a boney skeleton. Sharks and rays have cartilage for their skeletons, not bone. It's a whale.

I don't think you can tell them apart with this little of info.
(The size of the creature seems to be the only real solid indicator it is a whale)

In this PDF from Washington.edu, they explain that cartilage is an analogue of bone, and the specific form in these creatures is extremely strong compared to what one may expect.

We even have skeletons of these creatures on display, and from the articles terminology, I assume this is due to calcification or some process like that.

Any experts can correct me, but for now that is my general understanding as I am not well versed in this subset of marine biology.
edit on 25-7-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
thinking outside-the-box....

the object could be a dead 'black-triangle' ...which was once a live creature we see in the skies & call UFOs

the gross appearance is a result of the air-borne creatures exposure to the sea-salt, et al.

we wll 'see' generalized resembelances to common body parts of regular terrestrial animals...because that is Nature..

but the 'black-triangle' flying/soaring creaturesare are perfectly evolved for an aerial existance, but the specimen your looking at in the thread is totally waterlogged and saturated... by drying the body out the scientists will discover that it is extremely light weight and fragile and the bone structure is a network of empty honeycombs

but this info will be kept from the public and a whale carcass will be the final explaination
edit on 25-7-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

Ok I am thinking you are the real winner today.
That was pretty epic, nice piece of work there.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
All you have to do is look at the tail and you can see that it's a crocodile...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I'm just throwing this out there...maybe it's a shark whale. However, I'm completely clueless

Whale Shark Skeleton

Whale Shark

edit on 7/25/13 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
it is a crocodile, case closed... 2 people have already said this. pretty dam obvious.
move on nothing to see here

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It reminds me of this.....

Which was found to be a rotting one of these.....

Maybe the creature is a rotting whale shark or some other large whale type beastie...... Judging by its size

Duke

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It sorta looks like a giant loogie.
Just saying.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Im gonna go with globster

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Okeeeeeeeey....

Here we the carcass of a dead whale.....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
decomposed whale shark

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
O.K...

I couldn't find anything else about these pics on the interwebs. Looks like a decomposed whale to me. Suggestions?

Apologies if it's already been posted.

Linky

IRM

A closer look at this could shed better light on this creature's identity. It is hard to speculate on limited data. We should ask the people in National Geographic to do some dive-ins and get more details to complete the picture. Assuming they haven't already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join