It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Idol - 9 Black Contestants Sue for 25 Million in 'Racist' lawsuit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Phoenix267
But do we know if the votes are accurate.

That's why I brought up Ruben Studdard. If this were a corporate set up, he never would have won. He was a tubby no-talent sweaty black man. But he had a nice personality which is probably why he got the votes.

At any rate, even if it were a 'set up' over the years, it wasn't based on race. At last 25% of the winners have been black and there was a black judge for many years. So the lawsuit is unfounded IMHO.

I stopped watching the show after Ruben won...I was that angry! Clay Aiken had a beautiful voice, imo, and deserved to be the winner! Anyway, my daughter informed me that one could vote over and over and over again for their favorite contestant--so how is that a fair assessment of who Americans wanted to be the winner? (This was Season 2, mind you--when I think cheap cell phone fee packages were generally not available.) One vote per phone number should be the rule, imo...

I am very tired of the 'racist' tag being thrown around, especially when it's a lie and used to enrich oneself!! Seriously. Is there a "White History Month"? Is there a "United Whitey College Fund"? No one alive today was a slave. Time to give it a freakin' rest! Man's inhumanity towards man covers all races/ethnicisities and has occurred throughout recorded history. Some were thrown to the lions, some were burned in ovens, etc. Maybe if more black people felt proud of their heritage instead of feeling like victims...it would go far towards healing true racism...
edit on 25-7-2013 by Habit4ming because: to add a forgotten word

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Boomerang time for these losers.

Throw the race card out there and hope for money to come back.

The race card is overused and as tired as the Anti-American shouting idiots everytime you criticize the government.

edit on 25-7-2013 by superman2012 because: dear Lord I have horrible grammar...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hey, I live in New England and racism left this part of the country longer ago than most. I am a fan of AI and watch it. There have been a few times that I disagreed with the outcome, but never have I ever seen it as a result of race.

I hate to say it, and any black folk here, I do not say this to harm, but it does seem to be, at least here in the NE, that black folk have more of a problem being black than many of my white friends have with them being black.

Sadly, the folks that got cut early in AI got cut because there was someone better than them and that's the bottom line. So, basically, they sucked, and now want to get paid for sucking. I don't think so, black or white, sucking, is sucking....

IMHO

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Sorry Bunny you are over-the-hill for this one, you might want to try to be a Senior Star

oops too young for that one, you are in the middle and will have to try America's got talent.

edit on 7/25/2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I've never watched the show so I dont know if it has an MC type person. but I kinda envision someone like Richard Dawson in The running game....
Introducing the said black contestants as a gospel singer also convicted of rape robbery and kidnapping...lol

And perhaps the white contestants had not been???

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

** Not sure of season 6 winner - Jordin Sparks - ethnicity ...

She's half black, half white. You can see her parents in the audience. Her father is black and her mother is white.

That's why I brought up Ruben Studdard. He was a tubby no-talent sweaty black man.

Wow, really? This isn't talent?

He is a really good singer. American Idol is a singing competition, and he was not only the best male singer, but the best singer in the competition for that year. Kimberly Locke was the best female singer of that season, and went on to make at least a one-hit-wonder song.

Ruben did lose some weight, and makes some great music:

Definitely not a no-talent anything.

Ruben will also be trying to lose more weight when he appears on this season's "The Biggest Loser".

As far as Clay Aiken is concerned, when I think of him I
. His voice is too pageant-y and/or too broadway-y. Not for mainstream music, which he never succeeded at anyway.

As far as the lawsuit is concerned, there were other contestants kicked off the show for either not revealing, or lying about their criminal records, and who were not black.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join