It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Clip of Firefight (Resistance Side) and Map of Positions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Here is the Global Security photo map of Fallujah for comparison.

We should be able to figure out the areas using both maps.

[edit on 11/10/04 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No secondary explosion anywhere, just propaganda

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Marines interviewed during the battle have expressed admiration and respect for the enemy. Of course, well-trained and well-disciplined troops always respect their enemies. Combatants on either side have much in common and each knows that the other fights for what he believes.

The Marines have been clear in expressng their knowledge that their enemies are fighting a losing battle and that it is only a matter of time before the enemy is defeated.'

The video provided is less than convincing.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
All this video shows is that they were fighting. I didnt see anything that led me to belive that they were doing anything productive. As far as the reasoning "Well, the video survived that means they did well" is bogus, the US has controlled that Train station for two days now. So these Muhaninnies either died or ran.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Then watch this video...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
For all those who think that these fighters are cowards will see that they do not fear going up against the main forces of the invasion army. They are fighting to send the occupiers home.

i don't think anyone said that they were cowards. Manipulated tools of a potential dictator, fools and suckers sure. But cowards? Nah. Anyway, hopefully all the insurgents will be dead soo anyway, or at least a significant portion of them. Hope iran is paying attention. I have to assume that the mullahs over there aren't too into the 'ascetic' lifestyle and hopping around mountains or living in spider holes. Guess we'll find out next year tho!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You use a car bombing video to prove a point about fighting? I dont think you give the people you are trying to deffend any help. If somebody accused me of using a cowardice act like a car bombing at a tactic I was using I would be outright offended. I dont know the numbers for sure, but for every soldier killed by one of your cowards using a car bomb many many times that in civilians have died. Im certain your resistance fighters have killed more of thier own than any "occupier".

Look, its noble to fight in what you beleive in, and yes the Iraqi INSURGENTS are doing just that. But the methods and tactics they use a nothing but terrorism and is SLOWING the recovery of Iraq, pure and simple.

Regardless of what you percieve the US motives are for bieng there is, your "freedom" fighters are making the situation a billion times worse. There is not one US soldier there that would prefer to kill another human being, let alone be shot at themselves. The faster the insurgants lay down thier weapons the faster Iraq can recover and get on with it.

The irony here is alot of these "resistance" fighters are foriegners using Iraq to further thier cause. I.e terrorists. How many people in your little video's here arent from Iraq? They could care less what happens to Iraq. Keep deffending them, you will be part of the vast minority when this is all over with...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I wasn't talking about the car bomb video for that comment. I was referring to the one where they confront the convoy.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
location is on the Euphraties river, it looks like a plan for defence of the city/bridges in the early going of this fight.

good satellite photo of fallujah
www.digitalglobe.com...

map of fallujah, it clearly shows the river bend and streets located on the ATS map
www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
BAGHDAD, Iraq A car bomb targeting police exploded on a crowded Baghdad street Wednesday, killing at least 10 people and wounding 15 others, police said.

Police officer Qahtan Jumaygh said the 8 p.m. blast in the eastern Zaytouna neighborhood (search) was aimed at police patrol cars, but did not injure any policemen.

The explosion also injured 15 other people and damaged a dozen cars in the area.

The blast went off on Al-Rubaei Street when it was most crowded, about 20 yards from a police checkpoint, said one witness, Mohammed Abdullah, who owns an Internet cafe on the street.

Abdullah said he saw "at least 10 CIVILIANS killed, including a woman, and five wounded" but that none of the police were hurt. "I just heard a big boom and felt that the ceiling was falling down."

Guess these are the so called "smart" car bombers

Nice going cstyle226
Any Jihad video on that?

[edit on 10-11-2004 by Vladtepes]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Its funny how if someone post a video or a picture of dead Iraqi's or attacks on Insurgents. Its just war. The same people say "Thats what happens in war" Post a picture or video of attacks on American soliders and you stop short of calling that person a terrorist himself.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
dirty kuffir rap video reminds me of the macarana

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wask
Post a picture or video of attacks on American soliders and you stop short of calling that person a terrorist himself.

An American serviceman is not by definition a terrorist and the only people who are unable to distinguish the difference are the cognitively impaired and the enemy.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Post a picture or video of attacks on American soliders and you stop short of calling that person a terrorist himself.

An American serviceman is not by definition a terrorist and the only people who are unable to distinguish the difference are the cognitively impaired and the enemy.

Sorry I have the flu and didn't not type that out properly. I meant the poster was thought of as a terrorist. I never said an American solider is a terrorist, thats the last thing I believe.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I meant the poster was thought of as a terrorist.

Certainly, I would agree that those who post such pictures are accomplices to terror.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wask: I dont call people a terrorist for reporting facts like these videos. If its real its real. But the commentary they add is the catalyst. When you show a video of some poor misguided fool blowing him(her) self up in the name of some terroist group and then making positive statements about then I start throwing the "terrorist" tags.

Please just make one real arguement, just one, about how that fellow blowing himself up helps the people of Iraq. Just one. The truth is everytime this happens the Iraqi people have just been hurt a little bit more. Each event of thise nature keeps the rebuilding at a standstill. That alone makes every act of terrorism not an attack on the US (even if a soldier or two die), but an attack on the Iraqi people.

Go Resistance! Yeah! (Man o man what a bunch of fools...)

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Please just make one real arguement, just one, about how that fellow blowing himself up helps the people of Iraq. Just one. The truth is everytime this happens the Iraqi people have just been hurt a little bit more.

I can't argue with that because I feel the same way. I wasn't defending the actions of the insurgents at all. All I did was point out a double standard. It is a war and people have to realize that its going to be nasty on both sides. There is no difference between images of dead American soliders and dead insurgents, both died in war. One just hits home alot closer.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ok, I watched this video, and I find it highly unlikely this was from Falluja. My main reason for doubting this is that the vehicles that are being shot at are in line and spaced for convoy type operations. U.S. military vehicles NEVER conduct combat maneuvers with white lights! Everyone of those vehicles has headlights and tail lights. We use a light system that is extremely dim called Blackout drive. Another thing, when the camera is on the insurgent forces, there is a nightvision filter on the lens, but when it picks up the actual attack, the filter is gone. Im my professional opinion, what you have here is rather tackily edited tape of insurgents attacking a wheeled convoy, and most assuredly not a combat formation....

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
firefight? my definition of a firefight involves engaging with the other side

didn't see any fire being returned - in fact didn't see the RPG make a direct hit, nor stop any progress of the convoy. In fact, it it were a military operation they were attacking - wouldn't the vehicles at least make evasive maneuvers?

brave? I noticed more RPG's at the insurgents disposal, which none were fired....not even going to talk about distances

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I thought there were a few RPG shots in the video.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join