It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Witch Bloodline

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizzapuppy
there was a lady that came up to me, took my hands in hers and told me that I have a White Witch Bloodline in me, that she could identify it through an unseen magic bracelet that she can see on my arm, that all white witches has such a bracelet on.

I just checked the White Witch Bloodline Registry and you are not on it. I also checked the Registry of unseen magical bracelets, there are none missing and you do not have one.

6. Or was the woman a fake?

Lock in 6, Eddie!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Its all about details

I have a few small questions

What type of meeting was this?

Initiation of contact

First saw her, impression?
What was she wearing

who spoke first?
what went through your mind?

Who touched who first?
You said the lady took your hands

What did you feel? instinct

first thoughts

What part of this persons body features jumped out at you?

Feet, nose, pimple...

When she spoke what did you feel

what did you feel when physical contact was broken

My honest first response is no.. Me thinks the lady is a fraud

However I have a little voice in the back of my head

There are some older.. older tricks that involve said items..
Bracelets made me think of chains

It may also be her manifesting her own world views..

The details are here

I am hit with some thing Egyptian
White.. yellow green
I also see ulterior motives

the other thing I am hit with his energy level.. were yours high that day

The questions made me think..Something caught my attention

1) Yes there is such a thing as a witch bloodline..

2) this one is about definitions.. Heriditary.. look into your family tree.. ask questions of older members of your family..

The library actually should have free access to geneology and you should be able to cross correlate stories

Some one mentioned souls that are covens that practice over lifetimes together...
this part is tricky and only you can answer

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I am going to answer your questions as best as I can, and only based on my knowledge and experience,

1. Yes there is such thing as a witch bloodline
2. It means that if you decide to practice witchcraft it may be easier for you and/or you may have more success with casting spells.
3. No, all witches cannot identify each other, however there seems to be an inexplicable ability for them to recognize each other as "birds of a feather".
4. I personally can't say that you do or your don't but I think it was just a tactic used to pique your interest in what she had to say.
5. I suspect that you didn't have much success with your Google-ing because of terms that you used. Keep in mind that there are large groups of people who will claim that they are witches, and use sensationalized information (and much of it straight out of a Hollywood film set) as "true information". Just like with any other belief system, there are different sects and congregations that can each have their own set of rules and beliefs.
6. Quite honestly I do believe that she was a fake, specifically because she said "White witch", which generally is accepted as "good". Not quite true and I will explain more of this.

A common misconception about witchcraft, and most especially notable among the younger generations is that within the practice of magick is that there is good (white) and bad (black) magick, which simply isn't true.
Unfortunately because of Hollywood portrayal of magick, it is difficult to separate fact from fiction these days.

(I'm still trying to figure out how "black" became synonymous with "evil", especially considering that both a priest's and nun's attire is black. Apparently it only applies to witches
)

If you are considering delving into the realms of magicks/spellcasting read on....

Among witches there is a sacred rede, 7 words that are held in the utmost reverence and importance:

Do as you will but harm none.

A Quick Magickal Primer

What is portrayed in Hollywood and the reality of true magickal practices is very different, and there are many groups that will use different levels of the Hollywood portrayal of magick as being "true".

It is important to understand the difference between what is referred to as white or black magick. Neither is strictly "good" or "bad". Both can be used for either benevolent or malevolent intent.

Many will say that a white witch is one that uses their power (or more correctly knowledge) for good, and a black witch one that uses their power (knowledge) for harm. This is blatantly false, and very often misunderstood.

I'm not going to say that there are not those out their that would fall into these categories, and if you want to categorize them as white or black witches, be my guest, but the truth be known, white magick, and black magick can be used for either malevolent or benevolent intent.

White magick is spell-casting that is done during the time of "the light of the moon", which is better known as the waxing moon, which occurs from the day after a new moon until the day before the first quarter, and the day after a the first quarter and until the day before a full moon. It is a time of increase. Depending on what it is that the spell-caster wishes to increase, the spell can be considered benevolent or malevolent.

Black magick is spell-casting that is done during the time of "the dark of the moon" better known as the waning moon, which occurs from the day after a full moon until the day before the last quarter and a day after the last quarter until the day before a new moon. It is a time of decrease. Depending on what it is that the spell-caster wishes do decrease, the spell can be considered benevolent or malevolent.

The first quarter, full, last quarter, and new moon are generally considered days of reverence and some circles consider it a time of thanks and/or rest (6 days of spell-casting with one allowed for bringing cast to fruition or completion, and a time to regain (draw down) energies that have been utilized).

So, a "white witch" practices magick and/or spell-casting only during the "light of the moon", and "back witches" practice magick and/or spell-casting only during the "dark of the moon". A "grey witch" would practice during both, and among those that exist today, are really quite rare. Whether a witch is black, white or grey can be a matter of preference, or talent. Most use what works best for them.

The easiest way to figure out if there is some sort of fraud involved is to ask 1 very simple question:
1. Was this recently portrayed in a movie?
If the answer is yes, more often than not, the practice, belief or "symbol" is has been taken out of context and anyone portraying it as unequivocal gospel is misinformed and possibly deluded.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised. My mother, her sisters, their mother and aunts and grandmother and so on and so forth going way back have practiced witchcraft (a mix of traditional, gypsy, hoodoo, etc) for generations and all of the females on my mother's side that I've ever met have openly admitted to being witches and encourage me to use my own power. I don't utilize this power and I stay away from them all. Magical bloodlines are real, just like some families are predisposed to be athletic or musical or geared towards specific things...but like being a part of a family with any sort of predispositions, it's up to you to choose to take part in that predisposition. The bracelet thing seems like BS but she may have been referring to a strange sort of aura about you...who knows.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

I follow what you're saying... but what about Green Witches? How do the moon phases apply to them?

I thought that witches who practiced solely by moonlight were called Nocturnal Witches? Not all witches practice at night time. You can, however, derive more energy and power between the full and new moon cycles. I practice my rituals between the full moon, and the new moon. Soooooo, that makes me a white, gray, and black witch???

I don't believe that being a witch is passed through heredity. I theorize that this energy is attached to your spirit, which has nothing to do with bloodline.

A true witch, can pick out another witch, plain and simple. It's not a "birds of a feather" thing. It's a feeling. An eternal knowing. It has nothing to do with what someone looks like, wears, or how they carry themselves. I've met PLENTY of people who dress the part, play the part, walk and talk the part, but aren't witches... It's insulting.

More importantly, when you categorizes witches, you must identify and acknowledge the four soul types to generalize...

Good-Light
Evil-Light
Evil-Dark
Good-Dark

This generalization will actually help identify the ways of practice of certain witches.

A name is just a name... a label is just a label... and it sounds like were going to have mixed responses here.

edit on 26-7-2013 by czechosicilian because: Added more information.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Witches tend to know each other. I think I have a neon witch sign on my head though I dress as normal as I can and never wear jewelry or tattoos to out myself...

I think the woman was crazy myself. A witch is as a witch does.

Do you constantly manifest what you want? Have crazy good luck? A green arm instead of a green thumb? Do hurt animals and birds seek you out? Do a lot of people just hate you even though you try your best to be nice to them? I think these things are what give me away...

You hit the nail on the head with your post.
Despite endless attempts to be rational, most people will react instinctively to who we are, and are mostly unaware of it. The manifestation habit is a giveaway here, the ability to make your life the way you want it through not much more than focus. This is the basis of all kinds of energy work, not just witchcraft, and if you've mastered this, then you're well on your way.

And god...lots of people hating you despite trying to be honourable and friendly and compassionate??!! Sound familiar? I struggle with this daily.
The energy of a witch is just different, unusual, maybe challenging, and people tend to hit out at what they don't understand. It's just the way it is. Sometimes it's hard not to take it personally though.

I dress down too...I'm almost frumpy, though choice!
I'm not dripping in pentagrams, don't even wear one most times, nothing that could even remotely be called witchy, and I've never heard of this bracelet thing either. I'm not even sure it's a bloodline either to be honest, although some female members of my family had similar abilities. I think you're either made with it as part of you, or you're not. It could well be a past life issue that you've agreed to take with you again, in a time when the persecution is less and you have more freedom, instead of being burned for it. I don't subscribe to the white witch/black witch theory either. I believe you have to be a little of both, be in balance, to be truly powerful. There is a tradition that says of witches...if you can't hex, you can't heal...meaning if you don't know how to balance your power, you won't know how to manifest and create.

Perhaps it's this balance of dark and light that makes people uneasy around us. Most people naively try and be all light, not realising how weakening it can be. We need to remember that there is good dark too. The silent, secluded, connected and grounded part of us could be described as dark. Most people don't know how to do this and it feels weird to them in their world of tv and distractions and artifice.

Ok....enough!
I'm blethering now.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I love everything you just said

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice
reply to post by lizzapuppy

She lied to you. How much did you pay her?

Payed her nothing, I was at a meeting afterwards she just walked up to me and told me this

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by lizzapuppy
there was a lady that came up to me, took my hands in hers and told me that I have a White Witch Bloodline in me, that she could identify it through an unseen magic bracelet that she can see on my arm, that all white witches has such a bracelet on.

I just checked the White Witch Bloodline Registry and you are not on it. I also checked the Registry of unseen magical bracelets, there are none missing and you do not have one.

6. Or was the woman a fake?

Lock in 6, Eddie!

Hehehe thank you for doing that - nice to know someone has my back

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by czechosicilian

To answer you question about how moon phases would affect Green witches (and by that I assume that you mean the type of witch that focuses more on using herbs and plants than using other tools) in the same way it would affect any other witch. During the waxing phases of the moon, which one could say is the "living" or growing cycle of the moon most "Green" witches would tend their garden and support the growth of their plants and herbs, and especially those that they intend on using in their practice during this time. During the waning phases of the moon, green witches should either prune their gardens or harvest their plants and herbs if they are ready. It is generally believed, with some anecdotal evidence supporting the belief that plants and gardens that are tended in this way fair much better and produce bigger and better fruit, and more potent herbs. For the most part, most of the witches that I know only harvest during a full moon.

I have observed many of the practices of those that have "green thumbs" and it seems that they intrinsically know these "rules" and it seems that there is a definite correlation.

I thought that witches who practiced solely by moonlight were called Nocturnal Witches? Not all witches practice at night time. You can, however, derive more energy and power between the full and new moon cycles. I practice my rituals between the full moon, and the new moon. Soooooo, that makes me a white, gray, and black witch???

This is partially true, Nocturnal witches do practice their magick during the night time, and not all witches practice during the evening times, and that isn't what I was alluding to. You indicate that you practice during the waning phase of the moon, if you want to attach a name to it that would make you a "black" witch. I sincerely despise the connotation of "evil" that people seem to want to attach to that. I would guess that you are a nurturing and caring person who is much better at giving and healing than taking and conjuring.

I don't believe that being a witch is passed through heredity. I theorize that this energy is attached to your spirit, which has nothing to do with bloodline.

I believe that this is only partially true. Just like any other predisposition, given the right environment it will manifest. I also believe that the energy is attached to the spirit, and as we travel through lifetimes we are given choices before the start of the next. It only makes sense that a spirit who has an inclination towards magickal practices would choose an environment where that energy was allowed to grow, and would choose an place where it would be accepted, and it would only make sense to choose a bloodline where there were previous witches as the tendencies would be more readily accepted. I don't think it is an either or kind of thing.

A true witch, can pick out another witch, plain and simple. It's not a "birds of a feather" thing. It's a feeling. An eternal knowing. It has nothing to do with what someone looks like, wears, or how they carry themselves. I've met PLENTY of people who dress the part, play the part, walk and talk the part, but aren't witches... It's insulting.

In this you are very right. Maybe "birds of a feather" was an incorrect wording on my part. I have never "dressed the part" (with the occasional exception on Halloween) and other witches recognize me as a witch. Your statements are much more correct than mine, and I apologize for bad wording.

More importantly, when you categorizes witches, you must identify and acknowledge the four soul types to generalize... Good-Light Evil-Light Evil-Dark Good-Dark

I've always had difficulties with this sort of generalization because personally I do not believe in good or evil, only necessary and unnecessary (although admittedly there is a whole lot of unnecessary going on these days).

I have a seriously hard time wrapping my head around the idea that evil exists.

If someone can show me "evil" that exists in the natural kingdom (outside of humanity or human intervention) then, and only then, will I acquiesce to the idea that it exists, otherwise I will continue to believe that evil is just a manifestation of greed and selfishness that seem to be purely human traits.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

I love your reply, thank you for that!!!!

I'm baffled that you don't believe in evil, however. You're entitled to that, and I can very much respect that. That disbelief protects you in such a great way!! However, I've had 100s of experiences with evil (I am not happy at all about this!! It's been quite the burden.), in the spiritual sense, which is what actually first aroused my interest in studying witchcraft, along with plenty of other paranormal subjects. I needed answers to my unexplainable experiences.

Haaa! I would have never thought of myself as a black witch, but I'll go with that. You've done such a great job explaining friend

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Maybe it was an invite to a secret coven. Not all people want their religion to be public. It might be at birth your soul received a bracelet as a sign made long ago by ancestors or it is their way of contacting potential new members and they would let you know what the bracelet was all about after 'deprogramming' or indoctrinating, whichever you decide to choose.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hi!

First let me say. There ARE witch bloodlines. It can be through a family coven passed down through generations or a term used to speak of karmic ties. Second, many people use the term "White Witch" to people they feel would not understand and take it to mean a bad thing. They say White Witch to not scare you. I think this woman may have been a Lightworker, Reiki Master or someone who could see auras. What she was probably seeing in you was the gift of a healer. The bracelet representing a healers hand, not necessarily an actual bracelet. It is also possible that she was listening to her spirit guides or angels or whatever manifestation of the other side you want to call it. Was she whacked? Quite possibly.

For those who have posted derogatory comments about drowning a witch, that is very insulting. Real people throughout history, innocent people by the way, HAVE been killed in such a barbaric manner.....
edit on 28-7-2013 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Some people believe they have certain powers or abilities and will just approach random people like that. I'm not saying they are all cooks but the good majority of them are. But On the other hand if you had those powers then wouldn't you be able to tell? just my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by lizzapuppy

You can't be born into anything like that.

Yes you can...just like being born into any other religious family....

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Well, yes, that's true, and you can have things attached to you because of the family's involvement, but what I meant was that you're not going to be born somehow "majical" because of being born into a family of witches.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Hi Starwise,

Thank you for your comment. The lady was not 'wacked' - we were at a very professional meeting. All I know is that my mother and my grandmother and great granny were and are Christians - as am I - so neither of us practice witchcraft of any sort. I can't say if anybody in my family practiced witchcraft before my great granny. To be honest even with her saying 'white' witch, I got scared.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am wondering if wiches can run through your bloodline? My dad always tells me things about my antcestors and great grandma about how they were witches and that it is in our blood ..... could that be true?

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Lots of labels in these threads. In my opinion a witch is a witch. Magick itself is neither good nor bad, it simply is. It is the intent of the user that defines what type of magick is being used.

Witches do put off a different energy. In general they are more confident, more open to new ideas and comfortable with themselves. Most can control their own energy to suit any situation. There are witches who are born into witchy families and there are witches who have families that are horrified by their choice of belief system.

I do not believe anyone could tell the first type form the second. Like I said a witch is a witch. The bracelet? never heard of such a thing. Could she have been recruiting? I have heard of those who wish to enlarge a group using "compliments" like this to see if there is an interest in the subject.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: lizzapuppy

How can u tell if u r a witch. I am confused and really want to know please send me back something

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join