It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The biggest conspiracy of all is probably the way of life that you live and esteem right now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
To think that our collective thoughts and actions molded leadership/governments, mass media and religion throughout history is certainly wrong.

As real world examples would suggest, we're the ones being molded by the ever - changing leadership, mass media and the ever - changing values in religion! The result is "popular culture"!

Unfortunately, we have evidence of the great harm and evil this "popular culture" does to human societies!

For whenever the influence of "popular culture" is absent, there a much greater chance of peaceful and highly sustainable human societies emerging!

SOURCE

Peaceful societies shun things greatly valued in popular culture:

very few people in the peaceful societies glorify individualism, ego-satisfaction, or material self-interest: they tend to cherish gentleness, nonaggression, and interpersonal harmony instead. They do not approach other human beings in a confrontational, aggressive, or violent fashion. Instead, they tend to relate to others, at least within their own societies, in a harmonious, nonviolent manner.

Isolation from the influence of "popular culture" may have helped these societies foster peaceful coexistence with others.

Some of the peaceful societies are able to maintain their nonviolence because they live in very isolated locations—islands, remote deserts, or dense forests.

Popular culture wants to congregate in huge numbers like cities but peaceful societies tend to be small scale

Some of the peaceful societies are very small, numbering in the hundreds of people, while others number in the tens of thousands, or more. These small-scale societies range from foragers to people who thrive at the fringes of contemporary high-tech societies. They hunt and gather, fish and forage, farm and trade, hide in the forest and run for the legislature.

For what reasons harmful and destructive behavior being perpetuated by popular culture through mass media, mass religion, and structured leadership is unknown to me but could be a number of reasons:

1. To bring power and wealth to a few people despite the misery of many.

2. [Speculative alien agenda] To bring stupidity to humanity, to sabotage the mental and spiritual development of mankind in order to make them much easier to defeat/invade.

3. [Highly speculative alien agenda] Stellar mechanics may involve human emotions and that negative emotions could bring down natural stellar or planetary defenses, making it easier to be invaded by malevolent entities living in a different plane of existence. They may have achieved manipulation/deception of humanity through telepathy or some elaborate psionic processes.

I can't find any benevolent reasons at all for world powers to force the "popular culture" into humanity. Humanity is not a disease. But whoever is running our world has turned humans into disease unto our planet and among ourselves!

Solutions?

1. Be my guest, I could think of none at them moment. The unrealistic solution is to shun the life we have come to know, especially popular culture, even technology, our desire for comfort. Maybe even start our society from scratch again but this time, do it right!

Am I making an unreasonable solution? Go ask young children who's only beginning to understand the world around them... Do young children ask for plush leather seats? To ride in luxury cars? To own an android tablet? To wear fine clothing? I think you get the idea...

Humanity's insatiable cravings for material things is learned! Part of the harmful behavior imparted to us by mass media, mass religion, and structured leadership!

Why did I say my solution is unrealistic? Because unfortunately, the extremely cleverly designed "popular culture" the "popular way of life" also teaches you to grow extremely dependent upon it! That you would resist, kill, or destroy any person or idea that will speak against it or tries to destroy it!

I won't be surprised if some of you will hate what I'm saying right now. But I only hope to open your minds! Change or deliverance has never been easy!
edit on 25-7-2013 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I was actually a little disappointed in the source material. An awful lot of the references used are from the 1950s! It was an interesting website though, thank you.

Comments:

Originally posted by ahnggk
For whenever the influence of "popular culture" is absent, there a much greater chance of peaceful and highly sustainable human societies emerging!

I'm not sure this can be laid down to popular culture or even the tribe's life styles ... one of the tribes I read about encourage sister swapping. Men 'swapping' sisters for rather obvious reasons. Further to this, primitive practice doesn't necessarily equate to sustainable practice such as good farming practices.

If we look at our culture as composed of 'tribes' instead of as a whole (because it isn't one 'culture') we're not that violent! In an incredibly small population, a single violent event may actually be much more significant than we think. Say the global average is 7.6 in 100, 000 for murders per year ... One murder in one year for a tribe of 1000 people is ... 100 in 100, 000. One in five years is 20 in 100, 000. For 1000 people to be approximately 'average' they would have to have one murder in 13 years.

Other evidence for these peoples being peaceful is provided ... but the arguments aren't as compelling as they seem.

Multiple tribes not having a word for 'murder' is drawn attention to, but the Romans didn't have a word for this either. The Early Roman Republic has references to killing such as interimere, caedere, and iugulare but none of these mean specifically 'unlawful killing'. From this, we wouldn't conclude that Romans were therefore peaceful ... in fact it may be somewhat more sinister than that if you think about it. Still it's a very specific word to invent and generally only required with a legal frame work behind it.

So I would suggest that scale plus the reliance of a small unit to work together likely gives the illusion of a superior society.

I suppose for me to accept that these small communities are superior and could work on a larger scale, I would have to see some common threads between them beyond being small, isolated, and living in (in several cases) states of poverty.

I think the major 'fear factor' of large scale society is that danger appears to be around every corner. You walk past thousands of people every day, perhaps even more and you see nothing out of the ordinary ... but just by the law of averages, you and several hundred other people are likely to see a violent act.

Popular culture gives information overload of violence, and the sheer numbers of us make it more likely to hear about these things ... I'm not sure it makes us more violent?

Things to think about.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Pinke because: Things

edit on 25-7-2013 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Pop culture is a direct result of increased and more efficient methods of communication.

That is both the reason and solution of what you deem "the biggest conspiracy of all"
Personally I don't see a conspiracy, but an INDUSTRY made up of different factions or tribes as Pinke alluded to, all motivated by greed. And if that is in fact the case; taking greed out of the human equation will be a daunting task!!!

Might I suggest....if you want to change the prevailing culture; start your own production company, and promote your agenda and see if anyone responds.

Be the change you want to see...start here
www.celtx.com...

Good Luck!

edit on 25-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I'd definitely agree with you the communications is the reason for the place we're at these days, but I disagree that any one person or small company could go and produce some media and change our world.

I'll tell you the solution. If the grids went down for a long while, we may climb our way out to a better place, may. Lot's of death and learning along the way.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by olaru12

I'd definitely agree with you the communications is the reason for the place we're at these days, but I disagree that any one person or small company could go and produce some media and change our world.

Perhaps but Bill Gates certainly changed the world. Just look out the window!
This post, this thread and infact this web site is a direct result of his vision. To allow us to communicate, as strangers, almost instantaneously, with video and sound if we so choose.... That not world changing?

And how many people carry a small piece of Steve Jobs in their pocket? Capable of accessing the "tribe" of your choice, world wide.

imo...it's the communication, now possible, that perhaps might bring us together as one people and possibly be our salvation as a species.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I thought of Apple when I posted, but that was an amazing feat, his creation, that certainly is not attainable by most. And really who is to say who promoted his business to such levels? A greedy network most likely. Besides that, the author of this thread is pointing to this type of lifestyle(handheld) that has brought us down, I believe.

No, I think it would be difficult to start a media business that promotes anything to such a great and worldy success, that would not get corrupted by greed.

If you have kids, teenagers, you know just what an iphone has done to your children and it's really not pretty, and yet, take it away and you better move to an isolated island because they will not feel they can survive the loss.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

No, I think it would be difficult to start a media business that promotes anything to such a great and worldy success, that would not get corrupted by greed.

I have a very small production/media business; not entirely motivated by greed. We try to convey the message of community and Peace and Love thru our films, webisodes and documentaries. The www. has afforded almost everyone a voice, if they want to make the effort to get their message out there. Perhaps a community of like minded producers of new media could start the ball rolling to positive change. Yes, it is difficult, but our consortium of compassionate, filmmakers, is trying.

If the old phrase applies.... ".Lead, follow or get out of the way! "

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Good luck to you. I am not in that industry so I would not start a media business. I also don't have the hours in a day to search out all the positive media out there in the ethersphere. I starred the OP because I too do not have the answers, but I do think it will take something large scale to make large scale change.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Thank you for your post. I understand what your point is. However, I believe you are missing humanities innate ability, desire and need to improve one's current lifestyle.. Those small peaceful societies that you have referenced are near extinction because of their lack of ability to keep up with changing times.

The world, 7billion of us, are mostly followers. From the dawn of man, When the bigger ape-man took a rock or a stick and beat the living sh$t out of the next guy because he mumbled some words the big guy didn't like, the others coward and followed the big guy and did what he said.

Cultures from all over the world show if you didn't follow what the norm was, you'd get your head chopped off and/or your heart carved out and eaten like and appetizer. The masses saw this and said holy sh$t, I'm not going to go against this guy....let me go get the wood and make the fire.

So, in reality, these seemingly small peaceful societies that you speak of, and are on the verge of extinction are made up of followers and are as scared as hell about doing something that the big guy with the rock or stick will do to them if they don't agree with them. So, peace and subsevience exist in these societies and cultures.

Now move ahead 2000 or more, you are no longer talking to the guy who can only hear you 2 feet away, no, you're most likely using a cell phone with the capability of talking to some one up in the Int'l Space Station, You are no longer scratching figures on cave walls showing where you found a cow that you killed, You now are using computers and software to create new ideas and share them from your garage in your basement in Detroit to a woman in house in Sweden.

From Marco Polo to Columbus and on and on. It is human nature to seek, find and learn. Small cultures that forbid this, scare their uneducated clans with evil spirits, bodily harm or death, may appear to be peacful, but in reality they live in fear every day.

Simply put, as man gains more knowledge and moves along with the fear of losing their head, heart or being locked up for expressing their new orginal thoughts is natural, and again you will find followers who will buy into these new ideas. It's not to say that in free societies we are not bombarded by commercials on t.v. or by ads on the internet, but ultimately, we have a choice. Then if the idea is really good "we" turns into 'them" turns into 'us' and the cycle begins again.

So, generallly speaking, in every day life popular culture can and does influence people, but ultimately if something new comes along that the masses like, then the old fades and the new takes over. It all began with the big ape-man with the stick or rock or both. Until a bigger guy showed up or perhaps two ape-guys go together and the macintosh, errr, I mean bigger rocks and sticks, things remained the same. But we now know they did change. And in free societies, with all its negatives, influences, both overt and covert, Things continue to advance, and it is up to the followers and the masses to follow or not. But the train has left the station, and for now, I've got a ticket and rather be on it, than to be left on some small island trading bananas, for coconuts and then have the big guy with the stick not happy with the banana he got and well, you know the rest of the story.......Peace!!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
Might I suggest....if you want to change the prevailing culture; start your own production company, and promote your agenda and see if anyone responds.

Be the change you want to see...start here
www.celtx.com...

This could help, thanks!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
I'll tell you the solution. If the grids went down for a long while, we may climb our way out to a better place, may. Lot's of death and learning along the way.

It already happened before but as we know today, it didn't work.

But perhaps, this time, if an apocalypse should come again we could prepare beforehand create something to prevent humanity threading the same destructive path again...

...Unfortunately, it's not guaranteed such great project will not be overtaken by greedy people with evil motives to make things even worse for humanity.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItDepends
However, I believe you are missing humanities innate ability, desire and need to improve one's current lifestyle.. Those small peaceful societies that you have referenced are near extinction because of their lack of ability to keep up with changing times.

It's hard to blame "changing times" when we know that it is the actions of "civilized men" that caused indigenous tribes to nearly go extinct.

We have destroyed their homes as 80% of the world's forests and the despicable acts of "civilized" men benefited only a much smaller % of the world's population.

We have stolen lands they roam that used to be FREE.

We weren't born with a dream to have an "okay job", to live in a five bedroom house in a nice neigborhood, to have three cars and a boat and to upgrade our stuff every year. It is an idea forced upon us by the system of greed.

Children love trees but grown ups want to chop them off to build their dream house. It's not part of our nature folks, we've been fooled to believe it's our nature!

edit on 26-7-2013 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Basically everyone started out in Africa and then it got full of people and they walked further, one to the left to Europe and the other to the right to Asia/Russia. Then the lands got full again and people walked from Asia/Russia to North America and on to South America. It might be some tribes developed differently at the same time and were already there but that is it in a nutshell I think.

Now it doesn't really matter where we started or which way we went. It is just that one tribe is the oldest and most developed and they started out on mainland. Somewhere along the way some people started acting crazy and those were exiled to islands. Some of those islands, like the UK for example used to be for crazies from perspective of the people from the mainland.

And then we arrive at the biggest conspiracy namely those crazy people who didn't want to comply with the system at the time, how they were told by the elite back then (kings, royalty, etc.) on the other side there is gold and land. So all the crazies, murderers and thieves got on boats with their 'honest' friends, almost murdered everybody there and their modern day descendents have nuclear weapons. They 'defeated' their former rulers, but from the royalties' perspectives this saves time rounding them all up, convicting them and building prisons to wash and feed them, they all do that by themselves.

But time passes by and people forget, land runs out because everything was divided between families and overtime the light of the world almost went to the USA, especially after WW2 and in the past people sent others to the USA to get rid of them and in these times they come back with computers, nukes and psychiatry (even though that originated in Europe as well). So that is the conspiracy and everybodies happiness depends on that. Not specifically the USA, Japan for instance was 'the other side' to China or mainland back then, you can see many islands nowadays with 'odd' families seen from the 'original' mainland that is Africa/Europe/ME/Asia/Russia.
edit on 26/7/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hey no complaints here.
The net is full of alien talkers and UFO videos thanks to Tesla who
was never mentioned in any of those people's lives so I can set them straight.

Perhaps talking about Jesus is a higher calling than saying a guy named Tesla
ever existed and probably goes over everyone's heads happy in their lives in light
of all conspiracies.

Just the conspiracy the Illuminati is hopping for and you accurately posted.
With all the doctorate writers and analysis's working for them they must be more
at ease than we are.

Ed: Oh the problem: there are a lot of liars around.
Solution: Call them out.

edit on 7/26/2013 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

top topics

join