It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Yugoslavian Space Program Documentary Hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Awhile back, the below video started circulating around the web:

The video was suppose to be a trailer for a full length documentary about the Yugoslavian Space program.
Note: it's a HOAX

Still, it was a rather fun and well made hoax, and I was wondering if there ever was a full length 'documentary', or if the trailer was all there ever was and is ever going to be.

Regardless of it being a hoax, I was actually looking forward to viewing the film just for grins, as well as the whole what-if alternate history entertainment and musing of it all.

I've poked around the webs a bit but can only seem to find links talking about it being a Hoax, as well as links to the trailer, but, nothing pointing to the full length feature, if ever there was one.

There's a thread here on ATS discussing the film as "upcoming" but that was closed due another thread already extant, but, the extant thread has been 404'd.
I would have otherwise added this to that thread as opposed to starting a whole new thread on a subject already known to be a hoax.

Thus, IS there an actual full length film, or is the trailer above all there is to this?

Alternate history fictions are sometimes fun, and as alternate history fictions go, this hoax looked pretty fun.

I thought it might go well with watching the Russian film Первые на Луне, Pervye na Lune, or First on the Moon, a 2005 Mockumentary telling the story of the Soviet program attempting to land a man on the moon around 1938 before WWII distracted the whole planet.
It's also a fun movie by the way with 4 Cosmonaut candidates; a Woman, a Midget, and 2 men put into testing for the program, one of which would eventually fly. I definitely recommend it for viewing, though it helps if you know some Russian in watching as the subtitles aren't all that great, and even miss some things.
The timeline of the film is also a little confusing in how it's put together and narrated in jumping back and forth between modern day, before the launch, after the launch, and all the intrigues in between, before and after.

Anyway, um, yeah, Yugoslavia Space Program!? (hoax)
Is there a full length film, or are we stuck with the tantalizing trailer?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Nothing to be found on any tube site or TPB, so I say there's no full version as of yet.

The Yugoslav state was a mere Soviet Satellite puppet with no political will of its own, so I highly doubt that the Kremlin had allowed them to pursue such a prestigious endeavour.

On the other hand, it's a fact that Tito build a vast underground military airbase "Objekat 505", for over 6 billion $, which appears a bit much for the alleged purpose of simply protecting aircraft against nuclear strikes.

-Shrugs-

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

By no means am I claiming the documentary to be legitimate.
I'm fully aware that the claims of this documentary are widely accepted as a hoax.

I'm just interested in viewing a full length film from an alternate fictional history perspective, just like the Russian documentary I mentioned about landing man on moon in 1938.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Where did they say it´s fictional / fake
You use the word allot in your presentation, but gives no reason why, and source
Or is your personal opinion just that big ?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Comment from the youtube uploader (from 3 weeks ago):

"Hello to everyone from Houston team! Film takes time. Feature film about space programme takes even more time, sometimes years. We are currently heavily in preproduction - financing, location scouting, etc. There's no film yet but keep up with us!"

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I heard they sent a rocket to the sun.

At night of course, they wern't stupid.....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
Where did they say it´s fictional / fake
You use the word allot in your presentation, but gives no reason why, and source
Or is your personal opinion just that big ?

As I recall, the previous thread that actually discussed the topic of the video and the video's supposed implications arrived at the conclusion it was all a hoax.
Unfortunately, that thread is now 404 for whatever reason.

Further, there's little factoids like Tito receiving a plaque with a bit of moon rock framed as evidence that are taken entirely out of context. All leaders of ALL nations received a plaque with a bit of moon rock. These were the Good Will moon rocks. There's even some mention about them in the Moon Rock Wiki with a picture of the Honduras Good Will Moon Rock plaque.

Look at the video too. The video shows very RUSSIAN style rocket designs with large fluted exhaust sections tapering off at the bottom. Compare all that to the American style rockets which were a good deal more needle shaped and consistently slender.
That's a pretty substantial and pointless design change in the engineering if the Yugoslavs just up and sold an entire rocketry program part and parcel to the USA if the designs were already tried true successful and ready to fly. Such a design change would certainly set the USA back years, especially if the whole reason an entire space program was purchased whole was to beat the Russians in a race against time.
No. There was no design change because there was no Yugoslav rocketry program purchased by USA.

Besides that, USA had the entire German rocket scientist class of Nazi Ubernoggins that developed the V2 program from operation paperclip. The "N" in NASA may as well have stood for Nazi Aeronautics and Space Administration.

On top of that, USA had this fellow Robert H. Goddard and all his work to build on.
Goddard on seeing a captured V2 rocket and inspecting one claimed he was convinced the Nazis stole some of his plans, and perhaps coincidentally, Von Braun is quoted much later, after Goddard's death, speaking of Goddard; "His rockets ... may have been rather crude by present-day standards, but they blazed the trail and incorporated many features used in our most modern rockets and space vehicles".

All the historical and supporting evidence upholds the history of a Nazi scientist supported and developed space program.

If, however, it makes you feel good to criticize, have at it and enjoy if that makes you feel good.
I'd prefer it if you actually contributed something worthwhile that might add some progress to the conversation however.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

The Yugoslav state was a mere Soviet Satellite puppet with no political will of its own

WTF ??????????

what did you get that insane notion from ????

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The Yugoslav state was a mere Soviet Satellite puppet with no political will of its own

-Shrugs-

That is true as much as the following statement: USA is a poppet of China and has no political view of its own!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MartiMistery

-Shrugs-

That is true as much as the following statement: USA is a poppet of China and has no political view of its own!

" Poppet" you spell that wrong? Right?

There is a facebook page on this subject by the way.

Oh, I looked up poppet lol!!

Definition of poppet (n)

Bing Dictionary
pop·pet
[ póppət ]

1.support for ship: a steel beam or timber that is used to support the front and back ends of a ship when it is being launched
2.used as term of endearment: used to address a sweet and dear person, especially a child

top topics

join