It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Krejcir survives dramatic hit attempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Czech businessman and convicted criminal, Radovan Krejcir, has survived an attempt on his life outside his Bedfordview office, EWN reported on Wednesday.

This was a highly organised and sophisticated assassination attempt involving a car tricked out with 12 machine guns hidden behind the number plate and remotely fired - this was something out of a Bond movie.

A remote-control-triggered gun with twelve barrels was used to shoot at Krejcir, the Czech told EWN’s Mandy Wiener. The Polo burst into flames after the shooting

See link for more as well as photos
News24

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
WOW!

This is like one master crime villain VS. another.

right out of the film "The Jackal".

And another thing... 12 machine guns!? all pointing the same way, seems kind of a waste of time fabricating all this, its like a crazy 14 year old mad scientist got a blank check to come up with something.

Very cool though, nice find.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
This looks like a highly professional installation to me, not the work of amateurs.

The article states something about "Turf Wars". You've got to be kidding me. Some nations intelligence service surely are involved here.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

According to eye-witness reports there was a bomb in the car as well - these guys were serious.

As far as government involvement - you may have a point - he was/is involved in certain bribery scandals:

Figures from both sides of the fence made their way to his table – people like Gauteng police crime intelligence boss ­General Joey Mabasa. Others included Mikey Schultz, the violent boxer and hitman who shot mining magnate Brett Kebble dead in a bizarre “assisted suicide”. Drug lord Glenn Agliotti, the man who bribed Selebi, was also involved in business with Krejcir.

Link
but he was also involved with a number of people considered to be linked to organised crime in SA - and who are now dead: There is a trail of bodies in this saga:

adovan Krejcir has not exactly led a quiet, low-key life since arriving in South Africa six years ago. His opening act was getting arrested on an Interpol red notice while using a fake passport to sneak into the country while (the story goes) wearing a flimsy disguise. Since then, he has been arrested for robbery and insurance fraud and continues to fight off attempts to extradite him back to the Czech Republic, where he has been convicted of a string of crimes. His name has also cropped up in just about every major underworld murder (Lolly Jackson, Cyril Beeka, Uwe Gemballa, etc.) or scandal. He denies any involvement and has managed to shake off all of his criminal cases.

Link

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
12 machine guns and only a few holes in the car window, something does not add up?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

According to eye-witness reports there was a bomb in the car as well - these guys were serious.

The bomb was probably to blow up the evidence in the car, rather than kill the guy, since just a bomb would have done that anyway, why risk missing with that many guns! lol

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I think you are correct -
It looked like the car burned rather than exploded.

They were probably trying to get rid of any forensic evidence.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceSaviour
12 machine guns and only a few holes in the car window, something does not add up?

Very true,, some news reports are now saying that the barrels were some kind of homemade shotgun - each loaded with pellets These are great for getting a wide dispersal and maximising chances of getting a hit from a weapon that was not aimed.
It also explains the the person who fired the device waited till he had left the car.

The problem with this device is that it needs a fair amount of testing to get the propellant and weight right for maximum efficiency.

My father had 10 electrically operated homemade cannons attached to the front of his armoured LandRover during the Rhodesian War - and I remember how much he had to experiment to get everything working right - the first time he test - fired the weapons, the whole front of his Landy was buckled in. He had to armour the bumper.
Remind me to post a photo of it sometime

edit on 25/7/2013 by deltaalphanovember because: type

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
It seems the person pushing the buttons on the other side waited for this guy to go sit at his desk before popping off a few rounds.

If that was a hit then something went very wrong first with the guns then with the bomb. I have made holes like that in window panes with my Daisy BB guns back in the day.

Look around for any signs of Leon Schuster because he might have been making a movie there at the time.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Look around for any signs of Leon Schuster because he might have been making a movie there at the time.

If Schuster (to non South Africans, Leon Schuster is a director of terrible candid camera type movies - quite popular here) was involved, I think Krejcir missed the punchline - or to be more accurate, the punchline missed him.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I would be interested to see this.

Nice close up from an angle of the shotgun style tubing of the guns.

Weird setup, but sneaky enough to have worked.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

If Schuster (to non South Africans, Leon Schuster is a director of terrible candid camera type movies - quite popular here) was involved, I think Krejcir missed the punchline - or to be more accurate, the punchline missed him.

Ja boet, you can say that again.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

I would be interested to see this.

Here you go - not great quality as took a quick 2 cellphone photos of my dad's Landy from a private book my uncle wrote about his life:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Ha!

Thats great!

Did it work well and what was the main intension of that device?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

It worked very well in practice but he never had to use it against anyone (later intel suggested that it presence saved his life because of it's deterrence factor) . It's primary goal was to get out of an ambush (ie defensive weapon) He had to do a lot of driving alone (no convoy) in an area where a farmers were getting murdered all the time (Melsetter area - border of Rhodesia/Mozambique 1977) He also designed an electrically operated mortar that hooked up to the Landy's battery - designing and testing that nearly killed him when a mortar exploded in the barrel on a testing range.

The weapons on the front of the Landy were also electrically fired and were controlled by a panel of ten buttons (situated near his sun visor), enabling them to be fired independently. For safety they had an arming mechanism that was just a toggle switch.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

This was a highly organised and sophisticated

no - it was a total shambles , and subistuted idiotic complexity for sophistication

bottom line - if you want someone dead - someone has to get their hands dirty

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

This was a highly organised and sophisticated

no - it was a total shambles , and subistuted idiotic complexity for sophistication

bottom line - if you want someone dead - someone has to get their hands dirty

I think a message was being sent - the kill was less important.. It was a message heard around the world.
edit on 25/7/2013 by deltaalphanovember because: typo

edit on 25/7/2013 by deltaalphanovember because: typo

edit on 25/7/2013 by deltaalphanovember because: typo number 3

new topics

top topics

join