New Scandal - Energy Department Whistleblowers Gagged

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well, it looks like we have yet another "phony" scandal here. This scandal follows what I feel is a repeating pattern in this administration, which involves gagging employees from telling the truth.

Bonneville Power Administration, which is a division of the energy department, had violated hiring guidelines. And because of this, their employees were warned not to talk to anyone including congressional investigators about this. BPA employees that cooperated with the congressional investigation were either fired, suspended, or punished in other ways.

According to Issa, obstruction of a congressional investigation is a crime.

“Obstructing a congressional investigation is a crime,” he noted. “Additionally, denying or interfering with employees’ rights to furnish information to Congress is against the law.”

Issa revealed in a Wednesday, July 17, letter that Deputy Secretary of Energy Daniel Poneman “verbally instructed Elliot Mainzer, the individual [Poneman] chose to serve as acting administrator of BPA, that no BPA employees were to talk with anyone regarding these allegations, including congressional investigators.”

PDF Letter sent by Issa to Poneman

Darrell Issa: Energy Department Whistleblowers Gagged

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
At this rate, when the dam of silence starts to crack and fail in a MAJOR way, to get others to follow? They'll have accumulated so many in this category, it will take booking a small sports venue just to accommodate seating everyone with something to say that is worth hearing.

Most transparent? Hmpf.. Once I took that as a joke for the parody it had become. Now it's so obvious it was never INTENDED to be true, even at the time it was uttered from his lips, it's just aggravating to even read or hear reference that the lie was told.

You know, I EXPECT to be lied to. It's part of life as an American voter and woe be the moron without a finely tuned B.S. detector before heading to punch the ballot. However, there is a point where it becomes so blatant and so obscene, that it's gone so far OUTSIDE the expected, people need to start losing careers and pensions over this. The Government is becoming a laughing stock and pathetic joke by doing nothing on the accumulated wrong doing, IMO.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Rinse and repeat...

That has to be the motto of the Obama admin...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Every time I hear of yet another scandal, I keep hoping maybe this would, "be the one". But nothing ever happens. Was the Clinton brother scandal ever posted here on ATS? Or was that one missed? And what about all that recent talk of Obama hiring his donors as ambassadors? I was talking about that one likely over a month ago, and there was little interest. I wonder if folks are starting to become numb to all these scandals? Pity... With all these going down there will have to be that special one. There just has to be...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
But nothing ever happens.

The greatest distortion of the Apocalypse is that it would happen all at once, in a moment.

You are living it in excruciating detail.

"Things are happening" daily. Ant hives are fast paced relative to human affairs... galaxies are slow compared to human affairs.

Things are happening... you have just been a part of things happening. Thank you and don't lose heart. Or do lose heart... doesn't matter... the revealing of "that which hath been hidden" will continue either way.

There are people very close to you who are *scared out of their minds*. But they have spent a lifetime of pretending... so you won't be able to tell until some threshold is crossed... and suddenly you will be shocked at their behavior.

Trust me... things are happening. There are people whose heart rates increase reading this forum. That is happening.

/namasalute...
edit on 24-7-2013 by ErgoTheEgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Weren't you even listening to Barry's Castroesque speech today? These are all phoney scandals. Did you know Jason Collins came out?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Probably just a rogue EPA office, or just a low-level staffer anyways.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Gotta love the new meme of "phoney scandal". That sure has got to be a relief to the people that didn't die in Libya, or the people not spied on, or the people not targeted by the IRS, .... umm yeah.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Don't hold your breath waiting Elouina. I'm afraid it would lead to your demise. Getting free birth control is far more important to the voting constituency than actually waking up and realizing that perhaps their vote has been purchased and for a rather cheap price.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
Gotta love the new meme of "phoney scandal". That sure has got to be a relief to the people that didn't die in Libya, or the people not spied on, or the people not targeted by the IRS, .... umm yeah.

Well shucks! :-(

Wonder why Lois Learner made up the story about the IRS targeting TEA party groups? Was she mad about a raise she didn't get? Wonder who paid off the IG to make him write that damning IG report on the IRS?

Betcha Ted Cruz did it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The report revealed that the Bonneville Power Administration (BPA), a division of the Department of Energy (DOE), had violated DOE hiring guidelines in ways that disadvantaged military veterans.

Bet a fiat currency dollar on this to be true, all anyone has to do is look at the veteran backlogs of getting their benefits to know the current administration doesn't think to much of the military or veterans.

Most transparent administration they say.

Phony scandals they say,

What a crook I say.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Maybe if we got you an Obamaphone and some free birth control you'd see that everything is hunky dory??

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I wonder if folks are starting to become numb to all these scandals? Pity... With all these going down there will have to be that special one. There just has to be...

You know, it really hit me after reading your words there? Maybe that honest and truly IS the point. Hit Americans with an endless train of scandals and crisis which, individually, all go pretty much nowhere but get full value for the angst and stress of everyone battling over them. (Benghazi being the obvious exception in ever saying it doesn't go somewhere .....but somehow? Even that seems to have faded, hasn't it?)

Then whatever future policies they've known all along have been intended or necessary (perhaps even legit at the point we find ourselves in now, looking over the edge or close to it) won't generate controversies like they otherwise surely would have.

He is getting more Executive about how he's doing everything and not in any positive way, IMO. They just need us all too numb or emergency fatigued to care and maybe for only a short period to miss one or two big things....I'm starting to wonder..?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
lets all complain about it on the internet some more.

that will show them.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

No lets inform others on the internet since the MSM isn't doing their job. And hopefully those that we reach can each also share this info with a few more. This info is pertinent so that we can make informed decisions when it comes time to re-elect gov officials or choose which news stations to follow.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I see that they discriminated against veterans.
edit on 25-7-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

join