It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House rejects bid to curb NSA surveillance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Obama won reelection as a failed president because millions of Americans stayed home as a protest vote

That's a good one. He won because republicans today are as scary as muslim terrorists.

So like Ted Cruz will be on Rolling Stone cover soon or something?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
If We Americans had any real sense about us this vote would be seen as a clear message to us of "# off". Our representatives are not representing us. And it is really at this point where we as a people are supposed to show our thanks to people like Snowden by simply doing what we are supposed to be doing next. Which is simply to frog march ourselves to our nearest representatives house. Walk inside and drag them out by their fat over endulging ear to the town square. Where they will be stripped, tarred-n-feathered.

Of course it is evident that we don't have the motts for such a thing. Boy what a sad state of affairs.

Truth be told. YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF BITCHES! And ill throw myself in there too.

So with said. My response to the vote is HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA serves us right. They've already declared war on us so you can't blame them for doing what they do. We only have ourselves to blame.

edit on 25-7-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Obama won reelection as a failed president because millions of Americans stayed home as a protest vote

That's a good one. He won because republicans today are as scary as muslim terrorists.

In some ways and in some examples, however much I'm DYING to disagree with a hard edge? I'd be a hypocrite and liar of the first order by damn sure knowing better ..if I tried. You're close enough to correct and in enough cases, IMO to call that accurate I suppose.

As they say...I didn't leave the Republican Party. It left me, doing about 120 and it never even bothered to notice on it's mad dash for Extremism Inc. (Of course, the Dems are only a half step off in the other direction...but that half step was plenty in this instance)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Make a list, A BIG GIANT LAMINATED LIST, of those who rejected this bid to curb surveillance......for all Americans to see.....

Each one of those Scum Bags is to be rejected out of office next election..............

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Something to remember here. If full exposure could be made of all the folks availing themselves of unconstitutional information gathering.....from wiretap, house bugging, computer hacking and monitoring.....we would find our long sought after common ground for a bipartisan political world.

Word to the wise.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Everyday words like "pizza" are going to be jettisoned by these big supper computers but in the right context "pizza" could mean everything and anything. So to me its all rather useless to monitor all cell phone traffic in hopes of catching the bad guys.

54-13-6-32-14-8-11-26-13

That's just a random example of three words, taken from the page, line and word of a novel that I chose. Unless the NSA has the power to search through every single book ever published in the history of mankind to crack that, all of these measures are useless for what they claim.

That simple example is reason enough to know for a fact that this entire effort is complete BS. It reeks of it, it's a big steaming pile of it. And the worst thing is, the masses are too stupid to know how stupid they are for accepting it.

Anyone can send anyone any message using this method, freely available to all, unable to be cracked with even the most powerful supercomputer ever conceived.

If anyone thinks the NSA is doing all of this to try to prevent the most idiotic criminals and terrorists from acting, they are so delusional they should be in a padded cell somewhere.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Yes and any group conspirators could fashion its own numerical value to any set of words ect that could not be cracked. They could even make it so it changes every day. Now if a code book were required, this book could be confiscated and a security breach to the conspirators but couldn't be used by authorities until it was found after the fact in most cases.

If the conspirators though a number code may alert authorities, which it should, they could resort to mundane phrases that have other meaning and designed to look like a conversation.

At any rate, like you say, subjecting the whole of american cell traffic to observation is a steaming hot pile of bs. This system is clearly limited and designed to support criminal cases where communications could incriminate the basic stumbling criminal who never thinks of such things.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I am going to be right up front with you guys, I am a democrat. I was a republican from Nixon to Bush. You guys are late to the party figuring out what the Republican Party stands for and for whom. It is not small government. I have problems with democrat party too. I know what my differences with the democrats are, but the republicans have blind sided me too many times. I will always vote, and I have chose the party I think is the lesser of two evils. My congressman voted for it.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm pretty pissed. I've already emailed John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, and Ted Cruz this week. Although the email to Ted was one of encouragement because he was lamenting how tough a time he's had this week on the Hill.

Not from the Democrats though, from the Repukelicans.
edit on 25-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by Rocker2013

Yes and any group conspirators could fashion its own numerical value to any set of words ect that could not be cracked.

That actually could be cracked far more easily, because there is a recognizable pattern in a sample. Language is built on repetition and pattern, all you would need is enough of a sample and a little time and you would be able to find a pattern and decipher words and phrases. Once you have assigned one common letter or word to a number, you can then see the pattern of that use emerging and it becomes easier to decipher the most plausible uses of other letters and numbers in that sample.

Using a book as an example is not the same, because the number/word or letter association changes with every example. There would not be a pattern to decipher because you pick the word "tomorrow" from page 10, line 5, word 3 on one communication, and pick it from page 40, line 15 and word 2 on the next example... it would be almost impossible to crack that without being in possession of the original book.

You could also change the book at the end of each message, making the job of anyone trying to decipher it even more impossible than it already was.

The only reason this method is not commonly used is because of the time it takes to compose a message. Finding a word in a book is like finding a needle in a haystack. Of course, you can switch to letters instead, which is far easier, but this would result in sequences of numbers for each letter that could be anything from 111 to 1344576 and beyond for example (for page, line and letter).

edit on 26-7-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join