It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The List of "No" votes on the NSA Spying Bill (Amash Amendment).

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by riffraff
reply to post by NOTurTypical

...but wait. if article 5 needs to be proposed by the states...3 of my 4 representatives voted no to the amash amendment.. so.... hmmmm... what does that mean?

The state legislatures propose article 5 amendments. The point is to bypass Congress/Washington who are the problem.

makes sense.. thanks again...my high school civics teacher was the football coach..they had to give him something to justify his pay so needless to say his class was a joke and as a result ive never understood government as well as other subjects.. thanks again for clarifying.. ill start emailing my state legislators..but im not naive enough to expect a miracle.....yet

Don't forget to stockpile ammo in the meantime.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

my hat is off to you, for you and one other are the only ones that seem one bit for real in doing anything, I have done the Email thing in the past, do not be surprised you get a form letter reply, [from the office of... thank you for your email.... I will do my best to.... not all see it my way....] bla bla bal send one back that says this[ why not give me some phone numbers or list of email's I can call write to, send me some real info as to why you voted the way you did, House Senate member for I would like to know , are you worthy of your seat or should you be replaced by some one else with my vote] you might not get a reply but then that in it self should give you an answer.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's already been confirmed at Supreme Court level that records held by companies that you do business with are not protected under your 4th Amendment rights.

These are THEIR records, not YOURS.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

what does this have to do with recalling a House Senate member? the emails and phone numbers reqest I posted are for Committees and other members of the state and or districts.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
It's already been confirmed at Supreme Court level that records held by companies that you do business with are not protected under your 4th Amendment rights.

That is true. But, you go to a business on your own free will knowing this fact.

The right to privacy begins in your home. They do not have the right to listen to personal calls.

Let alone record these communications and keyword search through a giant program.

So those are MY records not theirs. In MY home we cherish the 4th Amendment..

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

But what has come out is that the content of the phone calls are being recorded and stored. It's not only meta data.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Wow! I didn't know that either.. That's messed up too. I mean it sounds ok in theory, but look where it lands WE THE PEOPLE.
Thanks for the info, no matter how depressing.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join