It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The List of "No" votes on the NSA Spying Bill (Amash Amendment).

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Her rationale for not having a choice was not a rationale because the lengths of exaggeration she had to go to in order to justify her rationale means it was not a rationale at all, it was an excuse. The key part of rationale is the rational part which does not admit of exaggeration.

When people post in such manner on forums like this one, people who are just beginning to realize the real dangers we face in this country, turn away disgusted by our apparent ignorance and go back to business as usual. When that happens, this country will go further down the rabbit hole and for even longer.

We need to have the ability to effect real change as a nation while there is still hope.

So while everyone has the right to vote their conscious, they ought to, when speaking of their reasons and fears, be able to speak on fact alone, or just question what they do not understand in effort to derive at an honest conclusion.

Things that are apparent bullwonky from the get go, should be brought to task. The day they outlaw birth control for fear of future misuse, is the day they outlaw sleeping pills - bullwonky....

.....unless of course what they are really worried about is having to pay for it themselves rather than the taxpayers.

edit on 25-7-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

You guys need to direct your anger wher it belongs: your representatives, remember? That is what this thread is about. If you can't quit your petty squabbling about nothing then we deserve what we get. How depressing.
We get a list of who our enemies are and an opportunity to start something truly historical and you two will derail this thread faster than two arguing adolescent siblings.
If you two can't work together or simply ignore the other then we are DOOMED.
Christ, five pages into the most important thread of the last 8 years and all we've talked about is birth control
Maybe we don't deserve privacy or liberty

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraff
SO GUYS,
WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT THIS? WHATS THE NEXT STEP?

Armed revolt?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

SO GUYS,
WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT THIS? WHATS THE NEXT STEP?

Armed revolt?

That's not outside the realm of possibility. But it seems like the responsible thing to do would have a few more steps before all out bloodshed. I mean, don't get me wrong, my dark side would love to see these traitors swing, but that seems like step 3 or 4. We're at step one now.
On a side note I was just telling my wife were reliving the French Revolution last night.
McDonalds budget for their employees was just like Marie Antoinette saying let them eat cake.
Violence is coming and I am prepared, but we need to be organized, right?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

The only other nonviolent recourse would be article 5 amendments to bypass Congress. They have to be proposed by the states and ratified by 34 of them to amend the Constitution. It's either article 5 or amendment 2.

That's all we have left that the framers of the Constitution gave us.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That's why we need this thread! You're more knowledgable than me on civics. I know nothing of article 5, thank you for introducing the concept to me. Anyone else reading this want to chime in with ideas? Lets take our country back and make history!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You guys need to direct your anger wher it belongs: your representatives, remember? That is what this thread is about. If you can't quit your petty squabbling about nothing then we deserve what we get. How depressing.
We get a list of who our enemies are and an opportunity to start something truly historical and you two will derail this thread faster than two arguing adolescent siblings.
If you two can't work together or simply ignore the other then we are DOOMED.
Christ, five pages into the most important thread of the last 8 years and all we've talked about is birth control
Maybe we don't deserve privacy or liberty

I agree. A poster said that she wanted to vote her rep out of office for voting no on the bill, but complained that there was no good alternative representative in her district. Then everyone went crazy on her. Insane.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

That's why we need this thread! You're more knowledgable than me on civics. I know nothing of article 5, thank you for introducing the concept to me. Anyone else reading this want to chime in with ideas? Lets take our country back and make history!

A new book is coming out in 2 1/2 weeks by Mark Levin detailing the article 5 approach and what amendments we need to push through to control Washington and preserve Constitutional republicanism. Look for it on Amazon called "The Liberty Amendments".

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

...but wait. if article 5 needs to be proposed by the states...3 of my 4 representatives voted no to the amash amendment.. so.... hmmmm... what does that mean?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

People get emotional when their basic rights are violated.

The girl made her points. A few people did not get past her first post.

I was also confused at first. She has every right to be concerned about her health.

Time for us to come together.

Much Respect...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

...but wait. if article 5 needs to be proposed by the states...3 of my 4 representatives voted no to the amash amendment.. so.... hmmmm... what does that mean?

The state legislatures propose article 5 amendments. The point is to bypass Congress/Washington who are the problem.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

The state legislatures propose article 5 amendments. The point is to bypass Congress/Washington who are the problem.

makes sense.. thanks again...my high school civics teacher was the football coach..they had to give him something to justify his pay so needless to say his class was a joke and as a result ive never understood government as well as other subjects.. thanks again for clarifying.. ill start emailing my state legislators..but im not naive enough to expect a miracle.....yet

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

well then start a vote voters drive petition, not by means of, nor by the terminology of the law, but a ruff way of getting the ball rolling "by singing this you are asking that there be a vote to have all them voted in office 217 and 12 none voting on [Amash Amendment] be recalled and be subject to acts of treason, be held accountable to the charge high crimes and misdemeanors.
(list your states house and senate member[s] Dems and Reps alike no one is free of this,)

The WH, POUTS is accountable as well but that should be a separate petition,[ you the voter by singing this petition , you hereby are asking /seeking the POTUS be removed from office be subject to acts of treason, be held accountable to the charge high crimes and misdemeanors, for allowing laws and amendments being subjugated by the means of the NSA DHS TSA FBI FEMA State and local authority[s]. ] If you want change then that is the way to do it make a stance, or are you like me feel just fine posting on a web and letting it be at that.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

well then start a vote voters drive petition, not by means of, nor by the terminology of the law, but a ruff way of getting the ball rolling "by singing this you are asking that there be a vote to have all them voted in office 217 and 12 none voting on [Amash Amendment] be recalled and be subject to acts of treason, be held accountable to the charge high crimes and misdemeanors.
(list your states house and senate member[s] Dems and Reps alike no one is free of this,)

The WH, POUTS is accountable as well but that should be a separate petition,[ you the voter by singing this petition , you hereby are asking /seeking the POTUS be removed from office be subject to acts of treason, be held accountable to the charge high crimes and misdemeanors, for allowing laws and amendments being subjugated by the means of the NSA DHS TSA FBI FEMA State and local authority[s]. ] If you want change then that is the way to do it make a stance, or are you like me feel just fine posting on a web and letting it be at that.

no this isnt just talk. everyone has a line in the sand. mine has been crossed. im going to email my state legislators, something i coud never see myself doing in a million years.thank you for your petition idea, i will do that too. if those witnesses can go door to door for their beliefs, then i can go door to door for our country.
everyone reading this, please dont let this thread die. i am only one man with limited intellegence and creativity. alone i can only accomplish so much. we need more ideas and more numbers!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I'm going to try and make this very simple for you ...

The poster you are berating, requires hormonal birth control (estrogen based) in order to not have real, medical complications with her reproductive organs (that has nothing to do with actual sex and/or fertilization). If this contraception was made illegal; she would face serious health risks, that could not only risk her losing her ovaries, but possible further complications including death.

The opposition to the one who voted 'no' for her, is a supporter of the idea of removing this medication and making it illegal, thus, in turn, risking her livelihood.

Since you are too lazy to do a simple search, here, I'll do it for you:
outlawing birth control (search results)
1st result: in the text on the results page:

Personhood USA Confirms That Mississippi Abortion Ban Would Outlaw Birth Control Pills

2nd result: in the text on the results page:

effectively outlawing contraceptives like birth control pills

further down the page: (title of link, then the text on the search result page)

Rick Santorum: States Should Have Power To Ban Birth Control ...
said on Monday that he believes states should have the right to outlaw birth control and sodomy without the interference of the Supreme Court.

Now tell me; how can you not understand her point of view; how can you have not made even the simplest of searches and minimalist effort reading the search results ...

All those who have been trying to humiliate this member of our community should feel ashamed of themselves. Those who have attacked her. Those who have questioned her desire for privacy. Those who questioned her integrity. Those who claimed she was just another wanted 'free stuff'. Those who implied she was taking it for any reason other than to stay alive and healthy. You all do this site and yourselves a disservice. You are an insult to the motto of this site, and the source of the problem we have in this country.

You are all for standing up for your own rights, and calling for everyone else to stand up for what you believe in ... but you have not the decency to even attempt to understand or care for anyone else. You jump to conclusions, you attack, you defame. You have no ounce of decency.

If you cannot defend everyone's liberty and life; then why should anyone respect a word you say? You are as much of a selfish shill as the congress you complain about. You are just as corrupt. This is my opinion, and it cannot be changed until you can prove that you are not so narrow minded, narcissist, and cruel as you have proven yourselves to be to a woman who has shown nothing but caring about both the privacy issue and caring for her own life and the quality of it.

I would not ask you to choose between being punched with my left hand or hit with a bat with my right. That is no choice. You cannot ask someone to vote in personal harm to one's self. That is not the correct choice here.

When faced with this situation, you can do certain things.
1) not vote
2) write in a vote
3) run for office yourself

the options you don't have:
voting for a lesser evil.

If you can relax a little and understand this, those that are spewing hate and anger; you will calm down. You will see how you've become a puppet. You are being their tool. You are fighting each other, drawing lines in the sand against your fellow citizen. As long as you cannot take a moment to understand someone else, we can never have freedom; because you are easily manipulated. You will not see the need to defend someone else because you cannot see what they see. You have no empathy. You have no love. You are part of the machine.

Break the cycle. Stop your arrogance. Strength through unity. Power through peace. As soon as you get angry, you open yourself up to being controlled, to be misdirected.

If we can't get most people to see this, there is no hope for privacy, for freedom, for peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

we've already squashed that beef... this thread is too important to be derailed... please stay on topic

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well I feel empowered.

To think, the United States Government needs to have access to all of my communications because I, a citizen of the United States, is considered an enemy combatant. Through the careful perusal of my words, the government agencies who are tasked with protecting us believes, or rather, "hopes" they can detect and squash "terrorist" plots before they are carried out.

Why is our Government so afraid of us?

The Government is afraid because it knows it is failing. It is afraid because it has become just like the Government we declared Independence from a few hundred years ago. It is afraid because of people like you and me, who aren't afraid of what the media says we should fear.

Thanks for the acknowledgement that you feel threatened by me U.S. Government. You've done amazing things for my self-esteem, and at some point soon I'll pay you back.

edit on 26-7-2013 by danj3ris because: Formatting issues

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
So im looking at your list and the Representative for my district is of course on it. And as much as I would like to vote her out of office for it, there isn't likely to be an alternative that doesn't want to write legislation on my reproductive organs. So please offer some advice on this one. Should I choose to go with the one that wants to take my birth control away, which will have serious complications to my reproductive health? Or should I vote for the one that gets their kicks listening to my rather uninteresting phone calls and internet usage?

Hate to say it but if I don't have my health I don't have anything. For the love of God will people start giving us real alternatives that we can elect to office please. And yes I am going to lay this predicament squarely on the Republicans. They are the ones that redrew the map to force Kucinich out of my district making the alternative to Kaptur, Joe the Plumber. Way to go, way to go.

What is this...Wining and moning about choices?!?!?

If you dont like it, run for office yourself...
It really ISNT that hard...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I couldn't even make it through two pages of this thread before I realized that in a thread that clearly shows that the democrat and republican, conservative liberal fight is a farce we've already started fighting between some crap about this and that and accusations of conservatives and buzzwords and liberal talking points have broken out.....

If it's not clear to you that just about every major player in our government is after the same end to the game they're playing, you're not going to get it.

When cows line up outside of the slaughterhouse it sure as hell doesn't matter if they go in the red door or the blue door, we all know what's coming out the other side.

We are about as close as we can come to being in total despotism and we can't even put down little comforts in all of our lives to stand up and stop this madness? They've already won if that's the case.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well I did it...

I emailed every single traitor on this list.

So now I'll just put on some coffee and wait for my visit from an Alphabet Agency.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join