It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The List of "No" votes on the NSA Spying Bill (Amash Amendment).

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

it comes down to this , pick one of the devils you know the one that wants you under control or the one that wants you out of the pic for one reason or an other , poor job needs help with med, or health has no real contributing factors. one will do in quickly the other will do it over time. your call. but they do for get the write in.vote for your self , it might get you 15 sec of fame as to why you did it

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

great idea! that sounds like a solid first step. the time to idly whine about our rogue government online has passed. lets do this
edit on 25-7-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Go and read some Facebook posts to people on this list.

I am getting some joy in reading my fellow Americans post to their Representatives.

Some are downright hilarious...Some are going to get a visit from an Alphabet Agency.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

And yet another failure in reading comprehension. If you had even bothered to read the thread, you would actually know that I don't take BC to prevent pregnancy. I take it to control a different issue altogether, which condoms and Mirena do not treat. And this is why we get nowhere fast, Male reads Birth Control and then shuts his brain down without understanding what he is being told. Assumes I want it for free or because I wan to be promiscuous, neither of which are true. I am just trying to make sure that when I am ready to have kids I actually have the organs to have them with.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Most will sit back and Whine and whimper, make posts that say the same old same old and not do a thing about the real problem, they need to vote and vote the ones out did the no voters commit an act of treason or an act of high crimes and misdemeanors High Crimes and Misdemeanors still looking for the act they did commit it is not in the best interests of us, that we all know or should.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

So please offer some advice on this one. Should I choose to go with the one that wants to take my birth control away, which will have serious complications to my reproductive health? Or should I vote for the one that gets their kicks listening to my rather uninteresting phone calls and internet usage?

Birth Control?....There is a very easy fix for that.

Your Liberty?...It's a hell of a lot more than phone and internet usage.

If it were me...I would put my civil rights before my reproductive health.

But, that's just my opinion.

Those are both a question of liberty.
Either you support liberty or you don't.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Voting them out is a no brainer. But are we to settle for living like we don't have the fourth Ammendment until the next election. And them until someone proposes a new bill against the NSA?!?
This is madness! This is tyranny! They don't represent us and now they are saying we want the government to read our emails and listen to our phone calls? We have to do something. This is huge
edit on 25-7-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

My contribution to the cause.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Sure enough mine is on there. Thanks for the info. It's scary to realize there are so many people willing to take our rights given us so they can continue their cushy lifestyle.

I am thinking that instead of just writing a simple letter to them seeing if we/I could instead request a meeting with them/him and ask pointedly these questions for starters "Just why in the hell he thinks our 4th amendment rights dont apply anymore" and "did he use his vote against our fourth amendment because he is too scared to stand out against Obama and his administration and if not then why choose that vote?" Then post it too yourtube and here and anywhere else you can. I've just about had enough, we were given those rights by our forefathers for a reason.

I'm going to request a meeting with Mr Maloney will be respectful of course but I sure am curious as to why he thinks it's okay for us NY'ers to live our lives without our rights.

I also have to say....I've read through this thread and i'm ashamed that people can be so cruel and hotheaded over a womans choice to choose her health over anything else. Do those of you against her not understand that with ill health one cannot fight against oppressors? Like someone else pointed out it's a division tactic to keep both sides fighting instead of acting as one. Have a little bit of compassion people. If it was your health on the line you might be singing a different tune.

edit on 25-7-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

I also have to say....I've read through this thread and i'm ashamed that people can be so cruel and hotheaded over a womans choice to choose her health over anything else. Do those of you against her not understand that with ill health one cannot fight against oppressors? Like someone else pointed out it's a division tactic to keep both sides fighting instead of acting as one. Have a little bit of compassion people. If it was your health on the line you might be singing a different tune.

I agree, without your health little else matters.

However, our elected officials are so willing to throw away our privacy.

They took an oath to uphold the Constitution.

If they would so easily take our Liberty. Why would we trust them with our Health?

I don't.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
When we start the public FLOGGING of Politicians we can start with this list!

I would like to see the number of Republicans and Democrats...Both parties were pretty equal on this...

Does this finally tell anyone...

TWO PARTIES ONE AGENDA!

edit on 25-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

The Full list

AYE: 94 Republicans to 11 Democrats
No: 134 Republicans to 83 Democrats
Not Voting: 6 Republicans to 6 Democrats

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
So im looking at your list and the Representative for my district is of course on it. And as much as I would like to vote her out of office for it, there isn't likely to be an alternative that doesn't want to write legislation on my reproductive organs. So please offer some advice on this one. Should I choose to go with the one that wants to take my birth control away, which will have serious complications to my reproductive health? Or should I vote for the one that gets their kicks listening to my rather uninteresting phone calls and internet usage?

Hate to say it but if I don't have my health I don't have anything. For the love of God will people start giving us real alternatives that we can elect to office please. And yes I am going to lay this predicament squarely on the Republicans. They are the ones that redrew the map to force Kucinich out of my district making the alternative to Kaptur, Joe the Plumber. Way to go, way to go.

This post might qualify as one of the worst I've ever seen on ATS.

I mean, trying to draw parallels between some leftist talking point (just admit it) and the blatant disregard of the privacy of millions....

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Congress has had a very low approval rating for a long time.. The latest I think is 17%. That means 83% of Americans DO NOT WANT our current congress. WHY are they still there?

This thread is just more proof that our "elected officials" do not want what we want, nor do they give a damn.(about freedom, liberty etc) They know what they are doing, and they are clearly doing this on purpose.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Wow.... there are simply no words for this... I am in shock

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I have a DISEASE that causes me to need medicine daily just to get out of bed. I work FULL TIME even though I am legally disabled. Every time I tell my doctor that I need to up my medication in order to work because I am in too much pain he tells me to quit my job that I shouldn't be working anyway....

I spend almost 100 dollars every month just so I can be a productive member of society and NO ONE GIVES ME ANYTHING! I spend money on my medicine first because it is a necessity for quality of life.

AND YOU ARE CRYING LIKE A BABY about BIRTH CONTROL????

for the love of GOD it is only a few dollars a month! I spend more I guarantee you! and I know for a fact NO ONE is trying to make BIRTH CONTROL ILLEGAL!!!

Do you know what it is like to hear snide remarks concerning a private conversation that you are having on the phone because the government is listening in and YOU CAN HEAR THEM???

Have fun when you learn all about THAT!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Really??? Are we debating which is more important,.. free birth control or liberty??

God help us.

This right here is what is wrong with our society... this is why our pseudo leaders can get away with this #@#@....

and your right... God help us because with these people running around voting we havent got a chance of freedom... hell these people think 25 dollars a month is worth their damn freedom!

We all get to become slaves with no privacy so someone can save 25 dollars a month!
edit on 25-7-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

You are entitled to be opinionated. You are not entitled to skip an entire thread and not know what you are talking about. So get off your high horse and read the whole thread and then comment if you must, and that goes for the Ron Paul troll as well.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

My High Horse?

At least I work and provide for myself and dont ask the state to do it for me!

And THANK GOD I have an IQ high enough to vote with some measure of common sense!

My freedom and liberty was worth your 25 damn dollars!!! I hope you learn the hard way what exactly you gave up for that 25 bucks!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Oddly enough you go on about how high your IQ is, without again going back and reading the entirety of the thread. to make sure you didn't miss anything. If you had smarty pants you would have found out your knee jerk reaction to my first post was just that. And that your premise that has anything to do with me or anyone else getting something for nothing was entirely flawed from the get go.

I work blah blah blah, who cares about what your health concerns are blah blah blah. You just want free pills so you can be a slut blah, blah, blah. You voted my rights away so you can whore around blah, blah, blah. For a site whose motto is deny ignorance, it seems I have had to do an awful lot of repeating myself because there are a number of ignoramuses that didn't get past the first three posts before they had to chime in and attack me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join