It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'MILLIONS WILL DIE' without a carbon tax

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Don't you see ??? The far left is heavily invested in the 'alternative energy' companies.
That is why they are fear mongering and pushing to try to destroy established companies
so that the 'alternative energy' companies that they are heavily invested in can take off financially.

Who cares if it's the left or the right, seriously. Saying that our old ways of making energy pollute more, and may I remind you not sustainable, isn't "fear mongering". Yes, I agree it could be done in an other way and it might be blown out of proportions but, we still live in capitalism and all's fair by "both sides".

It's a scam. A money making scam for the far left.

Who cares if it's the left or the right! -_-

And the 'alternative energy' companies are sucky.

Generally lousy products and over priced.

Well maaaybe because it's a scam by the "right", pun intended, to stagnate and wait for our non-sustainable ways of living are so off the scale that we won't adapt.

I'm really not buying in any carbon tax and I know the left AND the right are capable of terrible and greedy actions because they're minds are poisoned with money and power...but seriously.
If I wanna get screwed, might as well be a sustainable way that doesn't pollute as much as oil, coal and nuclear.

Who cares if it's a rich lefty that's got the money or a righty?!
You're poor, I'm poor, we are both screwed.

Also, the more we look towards alternative ways of making energy, the better we will get because that's where the money will be and that's what people will want to buy.

I really don't see the big deal your making about this, you're only argument is an emotional one about you hating the "left".
edit on 25-7-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Here is an article that was sent via email recently, i do not know the original source. Where Does the Carbon Really Come From?

Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!
If you've read his book you will agree, this is a good summary.

PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland. Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it’s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of
your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad,
Nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs.....well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over One year - think about it.

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which
keep happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years.

And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change scenario.

Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention 'Global Warming'
Anymore, but just 'Climate Change' - you know why?

It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull# artists got caught with their pants down.

And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer.

It won’t stop any volcanoes from erupting, that’s for sure.

But, hey, relax......give the world a hug and have a nice day!"

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The only way I could endorse any form of carbon tax is if they used all of the money to buy land and plant trees etc.

Buy up huge reserves of land and claim them as scientific preserves that belong to nobody, buy up barren lands and the over cultivated ones then simply give them back to nature then call it a "scientific preserve".
In fact call them what you like just make it clear that human exploration in terms of resource gathering or expansion is a "no go" in these reserves.

That will never happen though will it.... its a stupid idea. Taxing companies then researching how carbon is evil and is melting the ice caps is a much better way to save the world.

Greed, that's all Carbon tax equates to.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

All a carbon tax equates to is a giving 10% of your money to a church that has zero actual evidence that it does anything in the name of a god that never has exposed itself to anyone in the modern or post-modern era. Apparently, someone offended him/her and he left.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Are these the same people who believe in over population....

wouldn't a carbon tax work against that??

heck maybe we should have the government pay us to pump out more carbon pollution... that would help them with overpopulation

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If the building block of our life is carbon, does that mean they can also tax us? I wouldn't put it past these sick bastards to develop multiple application laws...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by CB328

oh please. and how the hell does taxing people help that fictitious situation?

Because, my friend...we have allowed our value as living, breathing human beings to be calculated by money. Not who we are, not our character or what we contribute to society, but by the money we make and/or have. This is how this government works. They punish you for not believing what they tell you to. If you don't believe in global warming, they take your money and (in their opinion) de-value you as a person. Eventually...you disappear. But those who support them get UN positions, salary increases, etc. so they elevate you.

On a scale of 1 to 10, a drug addict, racist rapper who beats his girlfriend may be rated a 1 as a human, but may have money rating him a 10 to the government. That is why Obama loves Hollywood. You, on the other hand, may rate an 8 but your income may make you a 1. You don't count. You don't matter to this administration.

So when you see a new tax, when you hear Obamacare, when you see the government trying to force you to buy an electric car...that is them attacking you as a person, de-valuing you as a person and trying to make you disappear and be silenced.

But you knew that...right?

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
People are so ignorant. The carbon tax is based on the successful program that stopped acid rain destruction in the Northeast. It's considered a "market based" solution, and isn't targeted at regular people.
If there's a viable alternative energy that costs less than carbon based fuels then businesses will move to it which will cut carbon, duh.

Of course I think that global warming is caused more by cutting forests, paving over the planet and all the heat generating devices we make.

Quoted for truth for referencing the acid rain.

You know we don't have a problem with carbon or global warming. We a people problem, we are TOO MANY. We need to quit vaccines, organ transplants, and treating illness, if you die from an ingrown toe nail that is what is meant to be. C'mon, it isn't like any one of us is spectacular... If we were, we'd not be posting on ATS. We are supposed to die. Like Nietzsche said, we're the bungled and the botched.

As for tending to our only home, the quicker we can get away from sucking goo and gas out of the ground to make the generationally rich even richer, the better off we will be as those power companies are poisoning the world. Look at the ruination of the Niger Delta, the poisoning of the Gulf of Mexico to name just two.

Derek.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Regardless if it related to AGW there is no big deal cleaning our atmosphere up. The reason so many peeps are against the carbon tax is because they have been brainwashed by a capitalist system that required continuous growth. The strongest anti carbon tax rhetoric comes from the USA and oil producing companies.. Funny that.. Keep swallowing the propaganda...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Yeah right wonder who the ones are 'swallowing propaganda'.

I wonder.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am wondering too now...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
this is a scam insofar as collecting carbon taxes, im guessing.. oh lets see about 1% will benefit from this and the rest of us will continue to have our pockets picked..not going to save anyone.
not saying there is no problem but here in canada our total square milage of forest scrubs about 4 times the carbon we produce so who is creating the problem..we should get some of that carbon money..lol
and thats how this scam works..carbon credits will be bought/traded and sold, happens here in british columbia
here is a report from the cbc

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
THis is the beginning of the re-education of the world. Try to envision what your grandkids will be taught in 20-25 years...
what schools/teachers will have them believe. This is truly the dumbing down of the citizens. They need to make everyone believe that lawmakers know whats best for us. Trust me, this is only the edge of a deep dark hole humanity and truth is being pushed into.

But hey, Zimmerman is racist; Detroit is bankrupt; & Tom Brady gave us his first public words since Hernandez's arrest... so didn't mean to bore you with the future!! (not you as in you, but you as in the already ignorant public
)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The politicians love taxes. One more reason to tax.

The people are already reeling under excessive taxation.

Say no to taxes. Ask your government to remove all indirect taxes like sales tax, import duty, excise etc.

There should be only one tax - income tax.

If government wants to collect social security tax or such, there should be a law that government cannot touch the funds for expenditure elsewhere.

The government is the biggest reason our systems are dysfunctional.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Man-made global warming is yet another huge SCAM boosted by the Wall Street Banksters and money-junkies. Earth warming/cooling goes in cycles and it's ultimately related to the sun and cloud formations....period.reply to post by neo96

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

You and your post rocked.

Spot on buddy. Too bad for them that the contents of our wallets arent what makes history...it is the contents of our hearts that has steered the human race along its journey.

Hold it down....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join