It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL reason they put "fin" at then end of some movies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
They also put END at the, er... well... end of a movie because it means: " Estimated Nibiru Doomsday".

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
They also put END at the, er... well... end of a movie because it means: " Estimated Nibiru Doomsday".

lol, I heard that "The end" means,

Thermonuclear holistic energies encapsulating nibiru's domain.

They just wanted you to believe the movie ended when in reality nibiru smashes into every movie set destroying the story.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So we have three possibilities:

FIN as in fish fin,
FIN as in "Freedom in Nibiru" (which Nibiru?)
and
FIN as in END in French/Spanish

Why stop at three? Maybe FIN is short for "find the purple dot" and they just didn't have room to include it all. Maybe every movie that has FIN at the end also has a purple dot that you have to find somewhere in the film, and when you find it, you win the game.

I think it probably just means END.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by boymonkey74

I'll say this only once, and then you're back on ignore.

That's just what they WANT you to think.

I'm seriously getting sick of posts like this. Years ago when I first started browsing you'd see a half baked thread like this pop up every now and again. These days it seems every 2nd thread is as informative and worth reading as this.

Has GLP and ATS merged? Where have all the respected posters gone?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This is an absolute cake-taker.

Made me laugh though. Fish fins flipping by signifying the finish of a film? (Say that 5 times fast) AWESOME.

I would like to sign up for your newsletter - as this is the type of information I cannot do without.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

Just get a load of that, folks. If that doesn't get your blood pumping back to life after watching something even as dry as the latest Ryan Reynolds flick, then you're probably DOA. And God have mercy on your poor pathetic, but sweet, soul.

Quick question. Remember everything I said in your first thread ? Ya, well don't ok ?
You're do'in great kid, so forget everything I said, alright? I mean, not that you haven't already.
And that ladies and gentlemen bit. Oh ! nice touch there kid. Perfect for this three ring circus.
Be sure to get Dumbo out here before everything comes to a fin. As in grand finale !
edit on 25-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I haven't read something this funny on ATS in years. Feels like this level of comedy should be a T & C violation.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Find an
Interpretation that's
Nonsensical

Fool
International
Numskulls

Fondly
Intone
Nursery rhymes

Fanatically
Integrate
Numbers

Flimb
Ivery
Nountain

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ok you film buffs i will try to answer this question seriously amongst the piss takers here... here is the real reason why you see "Fin" at the end of many films :

Before the invention of sound in films and taking into consideration that not ALL films were made in Hollywood but mainly in France (cinema was invented by the Lumière brothers), link here : en.wikipedia.org... up until the first world war the French film industry was very strong and the word "Fin" meaning "The end" was used in nearly all films which eventually spread throughout the rest of Europe and eventually to the rest of the world.

In the 1950s French cinema underwent what was called the revival (nouvelle vague) (the new wave of French cinema)) and the new fashion was for serious students in the cinema industry to watch French films by Goddard, Truffeaut etc which always finished with "Fin" at the end.

To this day students in the cinema industry use these films as references and this is the main reason why this word has become so popular and familiar.

Hope this helps?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Ps As for the film JAWS, i cannot remember if FIN was used at the end

edit on 25-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverStar33
I am in pain mentally from reading the OP.Fin=Finish,gee whiz.

Man, if you thought that hurt, you should read his other thread where he tries to do science. Electricity is faster than light? Ha!

I read the thread title (not the actual post), immediately went to google translate and found my answer. It's actually getting easier to ignore his posts now

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

You might think like everyone else does that it's because just like the end of a fish is a little fin, and it's a cute little way to say the film has finally flipped away

That is honestly the strangest explanation I have ever heard for fin (meaning 'end'). I've never heard anyone say that before. I'm not sure where you're doing your research, but google translate may have been a good start before actually making a thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Man, if you thought that hurt, you should read his other thread where he tries to do science. Electricity is faster than light? Ha!

I read the thread title (not the actual post), immediately went to google translate and found my answer. It's actually getting easier to ignore his posts now

Peace

Hey seriously... did you join ATS just to kick the poo out of people verbally?

Well done... i clap my hands in favour of you... you must be very proud... BRAVO!!!

Now, is it possible to get back on topic please? (even if it might sound irrelevant to some people such as yourself, if you stroll up a little you will notice that people have SERIOUSLY answered the OPs question without being smarmy)

I have the impression of observing 13 to 15 year old teenagers in a playground with all this backstabbing! (but then again, this might just be the case?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 25-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

reply to post by boymonkey74

I'll say this only once, and then you're back on ignore.

That's just what they WANT you to think.

Circle, i have answered your question seriously, would it be possible for you to respond please when you have time between ignoring posters that have answered you?

Actually, although Monkeys response is short and sweet, he is right about the word "Fin"... i cannot understand why you chose to use the "ignore" word for someone who answered back to you so pertinently.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Holy crap look at the big brain on Rod !
I think you just saveed this thread. That sure sounds right !

Hale Rodinus ! Thread saver !

edit on 25-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Peace

Hey seriously... did you join ATS just to kick the poo out of people verbally?

Well done... i clap my hands in favour of you... you must be very proud... BRAVO!!!

Now, is it possible to get back on topic please? (even if it might sound irrelevant to some people such as yourself, if you stroll up a little you will notice that people have SERIOUSLY answered the OPs question without being smarmy)

I have the impression of observing 13 to 15 year old teenagers in a playground with all this backstabbing! (but then again, this might just be the case?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

No I didn't, but thanks for asking. CircleofDust has created 3 threads recently where he makes outlandish claims with no evidence. When people ask for evidence, he simply belittles and attacks them until they leave or stop posting.

Perhaps I was a little harsh, but I'm bored of seeing ATS covered in these nonsense threads. They need to stop.

Thanks for policing my post though .. BRAVO! (as you would put it)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

Thumbs up Randy i nearly spat my coffee all over my screen then
I dig your humour

Many apologies guys if i came over as a little harsh
had a crappish morning and should not have taken it out on you in particular Thunder...

But you know what it's like some times, you try to answer a thread being serious and someone comes along kicking the poo out of the poster... It's true that sometimes there are some rather "strange" threads that pop up here from time to time and they are always good for a smile, but i thought that i would answer this one just to be serious for once myself and maybe see if the OP will follow up with this thread

And hey, i can and have been guilty of doing the same thing too!

Kindest respects and sincerest apologies once more

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

There is absolutely nothing wrong with shining the dunce spotlight on ill informed posters.

If more ATS'ers pointed out the obvious in forum stupidity and refused to coddle idiots ATS would be a much better place as it once was.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

Where have all the respected posters gone?

My feeling is alot leave because of garbage like this and the paranoid halfwits.
I often say,I love the site,I just don't like alot of the people on it.

I am glad this forum of LOL was created.

Where the op came up with this is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well, case closed. We now all know the way to spell the word "end" in french.

Goodbye and goodnight everyone...

Fin
edit on 25-7-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join