posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Postal44
I only made an account so that I could let people who care know that I had finally found a copy of the original UFO Abduction movie. Not Alien
Abduction: Incident at Lake County, which was a remake of UFO Abduction that aired on UPN in 1998, and also not The McPherson Tape, which, to the best
of my knowledge, was what the UPN Alien Abduction movie was called when it aired in the UK.
Many thanks for the link Postal44.
For those that have never heard of either version of this movie (i.e. the low budget original nor the better known higher budget remake that's shown
on TV fairly regularly) I'll just quickly summarise a few relevant points:
(1) Every year or so someone starts a thread on ATS about the higher budget remake (which has an IMDB entry
here, entitled "Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape"
) being a "re-enactment" of an earlier video that is supposed to show a "real" abduction.
(2) In most of those threads, one or more post points out the difficulty in getting hold of copies of the "original" video.
(3) Clips of the "original" video have appeared on Youtube repeatedly over the years, but are usually quickly removed (presumably for copyright
(4) In part because of the difficulty in getting hold of copies of the "original" movie, that version has generated quite a bit of discussion on
various forums over the years.
(5) The video posted in this thread is NOT the well-known later version (often referred to as a "reinactment", although it was in fact a remake of the
movie by the same director (Dean Alioto) with a much larger budget).
(6) These movies are sometimes referred to as a hoax, which is a bit like calling the "Star Wars" movies hoaxes. They are simply movies.
(7) These movies are discussed in a few UFO books, particularly:
(a) by Kevin Randle and Russ Estes and William Cone in their book "The Abduction Enigma" (1999) at pages 56-57 (in Chapter 1) of the Forge hardback
(b) by Stanton Friedman in his book "Flying Saucers and Science : A Scientist Investigates the Mysteries of UFOs" (2008) at pages 247-249 (in Chapter
10) of the New Page softcover edition.
edit on 25-7-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)