It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Abduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
So, I finally got 20 posts under my belt and I can make my own threads now. Which is good since I think I need to make my own thread to clear up some possible confusion that I may have caused. See, I only made an account so that I could let people who care know that I had finally found a copy of the original UFO Abduction movie. Not Alien Abduction: Incident at Lake County, which was a remake of UFO Abduction that aired on UPN in 1998, and also not The McPherson Tape, which, to the best of my knowledge, was what the UPN Alien Abduction movie was called when it aired in the UK.

So, just to get this straight, Alien Abduction: Incident at Lake County and The McPherson Tape, are one and the same, and are NOT the video/movie that I'm talking about.

I don't know any more about the movie than anyone else here. I can't believe that people still think that UFO Abduction was either a real video of an actual alien abduction incident or that it is a re-enactment of real incident. I can understand those of us who when we first saw it back in the early 90's were on the edge of our seats thinking it might be real, but I can also remember the relief of seeing those "555" numbers, and then the credits at the end of the movie and knowing that it was just a movie. For want of a better term, it's a "Blair Witch" type movie that came out 10 years before Blair Witch.

projectabsurd.byethost6.com...

Here you can read a review of UFO Abduction that also contains comments by the director Dean Alioto. Hopefully some of you who still think that this film is real can see by his comments that he is joking around about the movie that he made, and that it is not real.

So finally, here is the link to the movie, UFO Abduction. A "Blair Witch" type movie that "takes place" during a little girls birthday party, and which seems to have caused much confusion. Remember, it's just a movie.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Didnt you write a thread about this a few days ago, a number of threads?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
First off, welcome to ATS friend.

Secondly, I knew it would only be a matter of time before I saw UPN tied to an ATS thread. My old friend UPN, we meet again.

This video makes me wonder, if it is the grandfather of this type of genre now. Anyone know what the very first 'mock'umentary was by any chance?

Also I really want to see this, so I'm going to watch it! Thanks! S&F

-addition-

Also, you may want to edit your thread title, it is a bit vague. Maybe add the video title or something a bit catchy.

And to answer the post above me. According to the Op's profile, this is their first thread besides the introductory thread. lol, sheesh.

edit on 7/24/2013 by mcx1942 because: addition

edit on 7/24/2013 by mcx1942 because: ditto

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
First off, welcome to ATS friend.

Secondly, I knew it would only be a matter of time before I saw UPN tied to an ATS thread. My old friend UPN, we meet again.

This video makes me wonder, if it is the grandfather of this type of genre now. Anyone know what the very first 'mock'umentary was by any chance?

Also I really want to see this, so I'm going to watch it! Thanks! S&F

-addition-

Also, you may want to edit your thread title, it is a bit vague. Maybe add the video title or something a bit catchy.

And to answer the post above me. According to the Op's profile, this is their first thread besides the introductory thread. lol, sheesh.

edit on 7/24/2013 by mcx1942 because: addition

edit on 7/24/2013 by mcx1942 because: ditto

The thread title is the video title.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Didnt you write a thread about this a few days ago, a number of threads?

No. I posted in a bunch of old threads. That's how I got my 20 posts. I think that is where the confusion came from. Most of those threads were about the UPN show, the remake, and I was talking about the original film, but I think people were getting confused.

Plus, since all I really wanted to do was to let people know that the original was now online and where it was so they could see it, I made my first, and probably only, thread to "set the record straight" on what I was talking about and doing.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Postal44

But your missing the "Aka The McPherson Tape (1989 film)" that is in the title.

I'm just saying it may bring in more readers if you clarify the title.

edit on 7/24/2013 by mcx1942 because: add 2nd line

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942

But your missing the "Aka The McPherson Tape (1989 film)" that is in the title.

I'm just saying it may bring in more readers if you clarify the title.

edit on 7/24/2013 by mcx1942 because: add 2nd line

Like I said, my thread title is the title of the video. The McPherson Tape is what the UPN show was called when it aired in the UK. That is not what this film is called. Just because the person who uploaded this film on Youtube put that in his title, doesn't make it the title of the film, it's just the title of his Youtube post. I'm trying to disassociate this film with the UPN one, not further confuse the two.

You see, the family's last name in this film, UFO Abduction, is Van Heese. The family's name in the UPN show, was McPherson. This video is NOT The McPherson Tape. The UPN Show was titled Alien Abduction: Incident at Lake County. When it was released in the UK, it was called Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape, as you can see here: www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I only made an account so that I could let people who care know that I had finally found a copy of the original UFO Abduction movie. Not Alien Abduction: Incident at Lake County, which was a remake of UFO Abduction that aired on UPN in 1998, and also not The McPherson Tape, which, to the best of my knowledge, was what the UPN Alien Abduction movie was called when it aired in the UK.

Many thanks for the link Postal44.

For those that have never heard of either version of this movie (i.e. the low budget original nor the better known higher budget remake that's shown on TV fairly regularly) I'll just quickly summarise a few relevant points:

(1) Every year or so someone starts a thread on ATS about the higher budget remake (which has an IMDB entry here, entitled "Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape") being a "re-enactment" of an earlier video that is supposed to show a "real" abduction.

(2) In most of those threads, one or more post points out the difficulty in getting hold of copies of the "original" video.

(3) Clips of the "original" video have appeared on Youtube repeatedly over the years, but are usually quickly removed (presumably for copyright reasons).

(4) In part because of the difficulty in getting hold of copies of the "original" movie, that version has generated quite a bit of discussion on various forums over the years.

(5) The video posted in this thread is NOT the well-known later version (often referred to as a "reinactment", although it was in fact a remake of the movie by the same director (Dean Alioto) with a much larger budget).

(6) These movies are sometimes referred to as a hoax, which is a bit like calling the "Star Wars" movies hoaxes. They are simply movies.

(7) These movies are discussed in a few UFO books, particularly:

(a) by Kevin Randle and Russ Estes and William Cone in their book "The Abduction Enigma" (1999) at pages 56-57 (in Chapter 1) of the Forge hardback edition

(b) by Stanton Friedman in his book "Flying Saucers and Science : A Scientist Investigates the Mysteries of UFOs" (2008) at pages 247-249 (in Chapter 10) of the New Page softcover edition.
edit on 25-7-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Is there a place to report possible abductions / encounters?

new topics

top topics

join