It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Novemeber 2004: Say "Happy Birthday" to the Marines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
November 10, 1775 the Continental Congress Authorized the establisment of two battalions of Marines. The first commisioned officer Capt. Samuel Nicholas, recruited many of these first Marines from the Tunn Tavern in Philadelphia. It is to these humble beginnings that the United States Marine Corps, established by an act of Congress on July 11, 1798, traces its glorious history.

Today, let us all remember the Marines of yesterday and today, as they fight for us in Fallujah, and the sacrifices they have made in the cause of freedom around the world.

Semper Fidelis

Marines' Hymn

From the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli
We fight our country's battles in the air on land and sea
First to fight for right and freedom and to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marine

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze from dawn to setting sun
We have fought in every clime and place where we could take a gun
In the snow of far off northern lands and in sunny tropic scenes
You will find us always on the job The United States Marines

Here's health to you and to our Corps which we are proud to serve
In many a strife we've fought for life and never lost our nerve
If the Army and the Navy ever look on heaven's scenes
They will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines

www.ala.usmc.mil...

For Your Listening Pleasure

Links:

www.google.com...

www.ala.usmc.mil...

www.ala.usmc.mil...

[edit on 04/11/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Message from the General M. W. Hagee, the 33rd Commandant of the United States Marine Corps on this the 229th anniversary of the birth of our beloved Corps:

The Commandant of the Marine Corps'
2004 Birthday Message

Two hundred and twenty-nine years ago, the Second Continental Congress established a Corps of Marines to fight for a democratic people's independence. Since then countless Marines have raised their hand and sworn to defend our Nation's freedoms and preserve its liberties. This year's anniversary again finds Marines engaged throughout the globe for the same noble purposes. The bravery, heroism and selflessness of all Marines—wherever they are serving—have added significantly to our rich legacy and measured up to the high standards that have come to epitomize all who wear the eagle, globe and anchor.

The current battlefields of the global war on terror are linked to the storied campaigns of our past by an unbroken tradition of proud and loyal service. At New Providence, Chapultepec, Belleau Wood, Tarawa, Iwo Jima, the Chosin Reservoir, Con Thien, Kuwait and now in places like Fallujah, Marines have consistently demonstrated a dedication to duty, a commitment to warfighting excellence, and a devotion to each other that has instilled a fierce determination to overcome seemingly impossible challenges. Our warrior ethos is and will continue to be the Corps' hallmark.

The fortitude and sacrifices of Marines and their families have been vital in protecting our Nation from those who would do us harm. Whether preparing and sustaining our agile force or engaged in battle, the esprit de corps, tireless energy, calm courage and inspired leadership of Marines continue to make a monumental difference in this world. Your unselfish dedication and significant accomplishments—demonstrated repeatedly over this past year in numerous places such as the Anbar province of Iraq, Afghanistan, the Horn of Africa, Haiti and in the crucial job here at home supporting our deployed forces—are deeply respected and valued by your fellow Americans.

Marines, as we celebrate with friends and families the founding of our beloved Corps, you should take pride in our long history of distinguished service to this great Nation and its citizens. I ask you to remember especially the sacrifices of our fallen and wounded comrades. Finally, rededicate yourselves to taking care of one another and ensuring we remain the finest warfighting organization in the world.

Happy Birthday, Marines. Semper Fidelis, and Keep Attacking!

M. W. Hagee
General, U.S. Marine Corps

www.mca-marines.org...

[edit on 04/11/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Congratulations, Marines past, current, and always.........Happy Birthday!!!

(Reminder: I must call my father "retired devil dog", and see if he is in his annual wrestling match with his dress blues and on his way to celebrate at the American Legion ,"Friendly Post 364").

Semper Fi!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Give my best to your father. I hope he wins the wrestling match and has a wonderful Marine Corps Birthday.

Tunn Tavern: Where It All Began in 1775

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Happy birthday to the Marines, people who can commit to a bigger cause.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well wishes to my favorite trees (or sand dunes as is the current mode).

Cake and ice cream on me!

p.s. Your paychecks say "Department of" what?

Corpsman Monkeys, not just for saying "Semper Fi" anymore...

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Happy birthday Marines, let's have a big "Hoo-hah" for all the Marines out there today.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Happy birthday to all "Jarheads" and "Leathernecks" (Did I get that right) past present and future.

Semper Fi and Hooo-Raa from a freind in Aussie.

Keep your heads down, watch out for your mates and they will watch out for you......and please do right by your circumstances as they may be as they may come.

Good Luck.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Message from the General M. W. Hagee, the 33rd Commandant of the United States Marine Corps on this the 229th(13) anniversary of the birth of our beloved Corps:

Its so masonic I think Im gonna cry

I know, Ya think Im either A. Making a silly fool of myself or B. Disrespecting ya. or C. Just plain stupid and mental...Ill add D for the smart mouths because I know how smart mouths like to counter smart mouths in a im smarter than you duel (D)= All of the above.

11-11 Happy Veterans Day....the 7th Gate is wide open last time I checked

Yeah, I know ya have my IP# according to the all knowing egypt monkey,,,I know ya have my real name, possibly DL and SS#, where I live and what car I drive. But do you know me? Theres a hidden code in this simplistic post that explains how to build a craft that exceeds light speed by 10 fold.

Ill give ya a hint but you have to go see the movie.

disney.go.com...

There are forces out there you have yet to encounter my friends. If you only knew.

Ill have to get back to ya after Nov 19th.

Pop Quiz Nov 22

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Happy Birthday Marines! Lets not forget that tomorrow is veterans day and that we honor all the branches of the military.

Go Army
Had to throw that one in there being an Army Vet.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!

Thank you Grady for this thread. The USMC has always been an admirable fighting force.

Marines have always been warriors and many are unsung heroes.

But all Marines know who this Marine is!

Happy Birthday again and thank you for the many sacrifices that's been made so that the rest of us can enjoy the way of life you believed in and fought for.

P.S. As mentioned, as we observe Veterans Day tommorow, we can't forget the contributions and sacrifices made by all the branches of service that continue to guard our freedom that many take for granted.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
[edit on 21-11-2004 by jimmyhellfire]

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
But all Marines know who this Marine is!

Chesty!!!

Happy Birthday to all my fellow Jarheads!!!

Just a little something found on the net long ago.
(I have this posted in another thread here at ATS. I also, gave this to my recruiter, in the form of a plaque, after basic).
Enjoy...

Marines are the most peculiar breed of human I have ever witnessed.
They treat their service as if it were some kind of cult, plastering their
emblem on everything they own, making themselves look like some kind
of insane fanatics, with their hair of ungentlemanly lengths, worshiping
their Commandant as if he were a god,and making wierd animal noises
like a band of savages.The'll fight like rabid dogs at the drop of a hat just
for the sake of a little action, and they are the cockiest sons of bitches I
have ever known. Most have the foulest mouths and drink well beyond
any mans normal limits. But their high spirits and sense of brotherhood
set them apart from all others.
Generally speaking, the United States Marines I've came in contact with,
are the finest men and the most professional soldiers I have ever had the
pleasure to meet.

~anonymous

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Happy Birthday Marine Corps! Gen. Charles Krulak once told me that when the Marines were done fighting the enemy then they would fight the other US services. When that was settled they would fight themselves!

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Good night, Chesty Puller, wherever you are! And to all Marines and their loved ones all over the world, Semper Fi!

new topics

top topics

join