It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends Bigfoot Sighting in Alaska

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I finally got my twenty comments, so I want to share with everyone a sighting of a Bigfoot that a friend of mine had. I asked him if it would be alright if I shared it here and he said that was cool, but I won't use his real name. Bear with me because the post might be a tad long, but I will try and share as many of the details as I can remember.

I'll start from the beginning, partially so I can remember as much about it as I can. The man who saw the Bigfoot is a trucker and he makes runs between Anchorage and Fairbanks. We'll call him "Tim."

Anyway, my wife and I babysit his two girls while he makes his trips. One night while I was in the kitchen making dinner for everyone, my wife decided to log into our xbox live account so the girls could watch something on Netflix. It just so happens that my avatar is (you guessed it) a yeti.

So the older daughter asked what it was, and my wife told her about it. After a couple seconds, she responds with this, "Oh yeah, my dad has seen one of those." She said it so naturally it was almost comical, because I did a double take and had to ask her if she said what I thought she had.

Needless to say, I wasn't expecting to hear that at all. I hadn't spoken with any of them about my fascination with cryptozoology. My wife makes fun of me when she gets the opportunity btw.

Fast forward to a few days later when "Tim" came back from his trip to Fairbanks to pick up his daughters, I had to ask him about it. And he said yep. It was about three years ago. Somewhat later in the summer, kind of like right now.

He was having a smoke on the back porch of his father's house off of the Knik Goose Bay road. To be more precise, he said it was close to Hollywood and Vine. Where exactly, I don't know. But it is somewhere in that vicinity. He said it was surprising because that area isn't exactly rural.

Below is a picture for reference.

Anyway, as he was having his smoke he happened to look up into the woods where the yard ended (which was no more than 30 feet away), and he said just as plain as day there was a dark hairy creature looking at him square in the eyes. It was standing beside a tree and had its hand raised up over its head with its fingers around the tree. One thing he pointed out was that he vividly remembers how white the creatures eyeballs were.

As he continued telling me about it, he shared how intimidated he felt, and the only thing he could think to do was to look down at the ground and act like he didn't notice anything, and just hope that it would go away. On a side note, I am sure that is what most people would do if they were to see something like that.

The whole thing lasted for maybe 8 seconds he said, but it felt like a lot longer. One thing that really got me, was how "Tim" says he understands now why people are hesitant to shoot a Bigfoot. In his own words, he told me how human like the thing was.

Naturally after hearing this, I couldn't help but ask some questions. I have read tons of reports of Bigfoot sightings throughout the US and some of the things that the reports have in common speak about how thick and barrel chested the creatures are as well as the horrible stench that goes along with them.

What caught me off guard was that he said it was taller and more slender, maybe like a juvenile. There also wasn't any smell that he could detect. What's even more puzzling is that there was a fenced in place for their small dogs to run around in, and it was located right at the edge of the woods where the creature was, but oddly enough, the dogs didn't seem to notice that the creature was standing right by them.

I really don't know what to say about that, other than maybe they can control their foul odor, like some form of warning to let someone know if they are intruding and that they should go away. I also don't know if there was any breeze because I can't remember if he mentioned anything about that. So I don't know if that could or would play a part in it.

He went on to tell me that when he was younger he was the type that liked to roam around in the woods alot, but not anymore. The things are definitely smarter than we give them credit for, and they do a great job of avoiding us. I am pretty sure many people have been close to a Bigfoot but just didn't know it. Humans don't do a great job of seeing things in the woods if they aren't moving.

It literally took "Tim" about a month and a half to get up the nerve to go back to where he saw the creature, and told me he reached up to where the Bigfoot's head was, but he couldn't reach it. That would make the creature over eight feet tall.

It's pretty fascinating to me that some encounters can happen close to home. I always view Bigfoot sightings as being something that happens only in the pacific north west. But Alaska definitely seems like a great place for a large bipedal creature to stay hidden quite easily.

Oh yeah, two more things. He told me the experience was one that you want to have, but than after you have it, you wished you hadn't. I'm pretty sure he was referring to the intimidation factor.

And the night before the sighting, his mother heard something walking around on the roof of the house, and straight up told him, "There's someone walking around on the roof!"

I am not sure how I feel about it being a Bigfoot, as I have never heard of them climbing up on the roof of a house. On top of that, it seems like it would be a lot of weight centered in a small area. Roofs are pretty strong however.

"Tim" isn't a story teller and there is nothing for him to gain by sharing his story with me. I fully believe with 100% certainty that he genuinely saw a Bigfoot.

If there is anyone else from Alaska that knows the area around Wasilla and have seen or witnessed any Bigfoot activity PLEASE let me know. I am very interesting in this subject.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I am looking forward to reading what anyone has to share.

Later

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Huh, a Bigfoot down on KGB road? I wonder if any private small plane pilots have FLIR cameras over at Merill or Lake Hood. I'd imagine if you just flew over the area regularly with one, something that big would certainly give off a heat signature.

Of course, Bigfoot might have hair similar to a polar bear. Polar bears are hard to spot on thermal! I was told it has something to do with the hair shafts being hollow and trapping the heat so efficiently.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yeah I know, that is a somewhat populated area. But like you said, it is a quick flight across the inlet to get to that area, and FLIR cameras would be great.

I think you're right about the polar bear hair being hollow and trapping in heat. I think it also helps that the bear's skin is black to absorb the most heat.

Oh and one other thing, I have often heard that people say they migrate, so maybe it was a rare squatch just passing through. Because it does seem like a strange place to sight one. I've also read a couple stories of sightings up in the neighborhood behind Potter Marsh.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by aduley

There could be caves up in the Glenn Alps area where one could hide?

It would be interesting to talk to some Alaska Natives who's tribe or whatever has lived in the South Central area for ages. They might have folklore about a Bigfoot. Maybe an elder out at the Eklutna village? I've heard that there might be a creature in Eklutna Lake (for those who don't know, it's the long skinny lake on the map on the right).

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

There could be caves up in the Glenn Alps area where one could hide?

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that Alaska probably is one of the best places for some creature like that to stay hidden. There is so much land and so few people, plus tons of natural food sources.

It would be interesting to talk to some Alaska Natives who's tribe or whatever has lived in the South Central area for ages. They might have folklore about a Bigfoot.

My wife worked at the airport for a small company that flew to various villages in western Alaska such as Nightmute, Hooper Bay, Emmonak and Togiak. And she has overheard some Native Alaskans demonstrating the foot size and stride length of a creature they know about.

I've heard that there might be a creature in Eklutna Lake (for those who don't know, it's the long skinny lake on the map on the right).

I actually haven't heard anything about a creature in Eklutna Lake. That's interesting since it isn't too far away. Maybe I will have to Google that.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by aduley

I've read once that 95% of our state has never seen a human footprint. I think that may be an exaggeration for tourists, but no doubt in large part true.

My first thought was a medium large Brown Bear standing against a tree, but the part about the white eyes and general description would rule that out.

I've never heard of anything around Potters Marsh, but there are certainly many hiding places into the park.

I tend to pay more attention to stories from this type of source than I do those who seem to see Bigfoot everywhere they go. Thanks for sharing. If I were a Bigfoot; Alaska or Canada would be where I'd want to hide.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I tend to pay more attention to stories from this type of source than I do those who seem to see Bigfoot everywhere they go. Thanks for sharing. If I were a Bigfoot; Alaska or Canada would be where I'd want to hide.

Yes I totally agree. Alaska and Canada would be two of my top choices. I think there are a large number of Sasquatches living in Canada. What a large number is though, I don't know.

And as far as people who see Bigfoot everywhere they go, I have seen some documentaries of people that claim to have seen him hundreds of times, and they have all kinds of grainy pictures that they say proves his existence. For one, I can never make out anything but trees, so I am left to assume that these people are probably more "special" than anything.

And yeah I thought about it being a bear as well, but like you said, the descriptions just don't match up. And at 30 feet, that is pretty close.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by aduley

The man who saw the Bigfoot is a trucker and he makes runs between Anchorage and Fairbanks

At first I thought you were gonna tell us an Ice Road Trucker, ran over Bigfoot.

Wait that's not funny, that would suck.

SnF OP nice read.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

At first I thought you were gonna tell us an Ice Road Trucker, ran over Bigfoot.

Lol, if they did would they edit it out??? Or would the world discover that Mr. Bigfoot exists because some Ice Road Trucker squashed him?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Good story, guess you're jumping on the big foot trend that has spurted up recently too. Even videos of the beast are called a hoax, and you writer us a story? What am I supposed to do, go up there and find it based on a story you typed on the internet saying big foot is real?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

LOL! what!?!?!?

Sorry that didn't make a lot of sense. Are you asking me if I am making things up or are you telling me that you don't believe in Bigfoot?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by aduley

Ya, I can see what's her name now, Lisa, that's it.
Drag'in her sasquatch rug on to the hisstory channel studio.

Well you people wanted a body !

There ya go !

Not so damn big now is he ?

edit on 24-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Yeah that would be nothing but a shame, and something I hope never happens. I don't know why, but I really loathe Ice Road Truckers. Not sure why I do, but I do. Actually I don't even have cable anymore, I switched to Netflix. Cable is just too much of a money dump.

And after the age of 14, I spent my summers in Minnesota. Sadly, I never saw a Bigfoot even though I know that is prime territory for the big dude. The cabin was located right on Rose Lake and I had seen a few bears wandering around. For those of you that want to check it out, it is roughly thirty or forty miles out of Duluth.

Oh and by the way you said

Then at the end you mentioned this:

Not so damn big now is he ?

I sure hope BF isn't some sort of transvestite!!!

Sorry I couldn't help myself. But seriously, everything I wrote is just me relating all I can remember. I don't blame those who don't think he's real. Until solid proof emerges, or someone actually sees him for themselves, it is healthy to keep a skeptical attitude.
edit on 24-7-2013 by aduley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I live in Alaska and I have talked to some homesteaders here that have been here for 60 years or more and they have neither seen or heard of any bigfoot in Alaska or anywhere else. This is something I'm gonna have to see to believe.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

More power to you iLoGiCViZiOnS, or whatever your name is. Like I said... I haven't personally seen a Bigfoot. I totally wish that I had, but alas... nope.

That doesn't stop me from believing in them though.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Oh yeah, one more thing, I have't seen God... but I still believe in him.

And everyone has that same longing in their heart. I don't care what you say, you know it's there just as well as everyone else. I guess you could say it is a side effect of being human.
edit on 25-7-2013 by aduley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
I live in Alaska and I have talked to some homesteaders here that have been here for 60 years or more and they have neither seen or heard of any bigfoot in Alaska or anywhere else. This is something I'm gonna have to see to believe.

My old man has been here since '45 and he's still climbing mountains. He's never seen anything like this either, but he's also only seen a wolverine a few times and a handful of lynx.

Having that said, these creatures might be just as spooky as a wolverine and hide in the taiga. Moving above treeline they'd be easy to spot. If they do have hair like a polar bear, they'd be invisible to thermal imaging. I can't discount the fact, but I'd think we'd find snow tracks if they existed.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I really want to reply to you MystikMushroom... but the truth is... I am very tired and it is very late. So I will talk to everyone tomorrow

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS

Same here, I've lived in Alaska for almost 30 years and never have heard of any bigfoot sightings, not even from my native Alaskan friends. I have heard of a lot of other stories and legends but never anything bigfoot related. I have been in that area a lot down KGB, 4 wheeling and what not never seen or heard of anything there. Now Eklutna lake i am going to have to look into, that is a new one also.

However in Washington state I used to live Mount St. Helens, and there were more bigfoot stories than you could shake a stick at

Grim

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I lived in Alaska for 6 years while I served in the Army. I was stationed at Ft Wainwright, which is the same place I had my sighting ON POST.

I contacted the Fish and Wildlife and they are quite familiar with BF and say they are referred too as Wildman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join