It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress to probe lethal crash that killed SEAL Team 6 members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I am betting this gets about as far as all the other congressional investigations but I do believe there is reason to investigate. Go to link for full story.

The Hill

Congress has launched an investigation of the helicopter crash that killed 30 Americans in Afghanistan, including members of the Navy’s elite SEAL Team 6 unit, The Hill has learned.

Shortly before the CH-47 Chinook helicopter took off on a rescue mission (operation Extortion 17), seven Afghan commandos who were on the passenger list were replaced by other Afghan military officials.

It remains unclear why the manifest was incorrect, raising red flags among the victims’ families. They have noted that their sons didn’t trust Afghan soldiers. One was quoted as saying, “They are loyal to the highest bidder.”

In the transcript related to the Pentagon’s probe, a Defense official confirmed that all seven names of the Afghan soldiers were incorrect.

All the bodies were cremated. The Pentagon has defended the cremation to the soldiers’ families, saying the bodies were badly burned. Chaffetz, however, said he has seen a photo of a deceased SEAL that was not.

edit on 24-7-2013 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2013 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Okay, flags and no comments. I think folks need to be concerned about this. Regardless of how you feel about the war in Afghanistan ( and personally I think it has gone on too long) these guys thought they were protecting lives in America. And it seems to me they were sacrificed either through abject ignorance or willfully.

This video is 9:30 minutes. There are others more in depth but you should listen.

Fox News family interview link

There was a quote in another video that says they were told by someone in gov. that "they couldn't fire because we are trying to show the Afghans that we are friend.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

They were taken out because they knew to much about the fake killing and dumping of Osama.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Here is a video of one of the Seals fathers expressing his concerns

So sad

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yep, just tying up loose ends. Cannot have any evidence come out on this lie. It's too big got make sure their is no fall out.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Congress needs to stay in session and balance the budget so that the next sequester is averted. Then they can investigate anything they want to.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I belong to another website that is a community of veterans and current members of US Special Operations. I went back and forth a bit through messaging with a guy who was a SEAL and in the CIA in one form or another.

I told him that I regret never enlisting, but the final reason why I didn't was because of a constant battle in my mind, whether or not I'd be serving my country for the right reasons. My intentions would have been right, but I asked him if he ever wondered if he was just serving the needs of politicians looking to gain favor for their own agenda.

He responded with "When I was doing my combat roles in Korea I never thought of it as doing it for anyone except being part of a Team, a group, a bunch of pals. Scary # was our destiny and that is what we did. Doing night raids and scary daytime recons was part of a game. Then when off duty, get in trouble, lots of it. But that was Korea following WWII, and this allowed some form of patriotic spill over from WWII to go into Korea.

However, today, with my background and what is being spoken and printed in the news I am thoroughly disgusted with our Government, [which I often call the Beltway Crowd. A big circle of Hwy encircles Wash DC, and this Hwy is locally called the Beltway. ]

The way the white shirts inside of the Beltway are willing to grind up young men and women to make a political point is nuts. Without rationale. How long have we been in the Near East and how many young men and women have been turned into hamburger, and for what?

No, I do not agree with Wash DC and how they are willing to kill off our young men and women just to be political."

To hear this from a man like that, about as true a patriot as you'll find, is pretty disheartening to me. Just goes to show what lengths those in office will go to to fulfill their own agenda. Sad.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldetimehockey4
I belong to another website that is a community of veterans and current members of US Special Operations. I went back and forth a bit through messaging with a guy who was a SEAL and in the CIA in one form or another.

I told him that I regret never enlisting, but the final reason why I didn't was because of a constant battle in my mind, whether or not I'd be serving my country for the right reasons. My intentions would have been right, but I asked him if he ever wondered if he was just serving the needs of politicians looking to gain favor for their own agenda.

He responded with "When I was doing my combat roles in Korea I never thought of it as doing it for anyone except being part of a Team, a group, a bunch of pals. Scary # was our destiny and that is what we did. Doing night raids and scary daytime recons was part of a game. Then when off duty, get in trouble, lots of it. But that was Korea following WWII, and this allowed some form of patriotic spill over from WWII to go into Korea.

However, today, with my background and what is being spoken and printed in the news I am thoroughly disgusted with our Government, [which I often call the Beltway Crowd. A big circle of Hwy encircles Wash DC, and this Hwy is locally called the Beltway. ]

The way the white shirts inside of the Beltway are willing to grind up young men and women to make a political point is nuts. Without rationale. How long have we been in the Near East and how many young men and women have been turned into hamburger, and for what?

No, I do not agree with Wash DC and how they are willing to kill off our young men and women just to be political."

To hear this from a man like that, about as true a patriot as you'll find, is pretty disheartening to me. Just goes to show what lengths those in office will go to to fulfill their own agenda. Sad.

I like to think we all see more clearly as we get older.

That they take our youngest, most idealist children and teach them to kill, then send them home broken angers me no end. In the case above I think at best it was negligence and betrayal by Afgans. I'd rather not think about the worst.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Come on ATS you can do better than this.

Any good ATS'er following along knows about the threads on....
Osama killing was fake
The school shooting was fake
The Boston Marathon was fake
9/11 was fake

Not a single theory on this being fake, guess ATS can't have heros running around still alive but it's ok to imagine a living Osama.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
they can't handle the truth.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Thanks for the effort. I suspect people just don't know enough about what happened.

These men were placed in an out of date chopper that was never used for this type work and sent to a battle that had been ongoing for 3 1/2 hours. They were not allowed to fire and they did not have the 2 air supports that is normal.

If, knowing that, you can blow it off, then ????? Don't know what to say.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

I heard Mr. Strange interviewed by Michael Savage. Great interview. I agree these men were murdered to hush up the raid on bin Laden's compound. I don't believe bin Laden was killed that night either.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny

This video made me cry.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Dead men tell no tales
That is all.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Wonder why they waited so long.

new topics