It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lone Ranger....review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
An astonishing amount of money spent by Disney on this film.
I was a background/extra on this project and couldn't wait to see it.

What a disappointment. Stupid script/dialog, dumbass story, poor acting, pathetic attempt at humor, nonexistent direction,

It takes more than J. Depp to make a good movie. The stunts, CGI, SFX were fantastic but I still can't even recommend seeing it on the big screen.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I enjoyed it, good old hokum, sit back don't think, forget all your worries and be entertained.
Good harmless old fashioned entertainment
when the music kicked in...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Since I refuse to spend extra money to have my eardrums blown out at a movie theater and won't see this until I can for free, all I care about is whether or not Depp is again a hunk, or not.

Two hours or so of looking at that face is some good eye candy.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I enjoyed it, good old hokum, sit back don't think, forget all your worries and be entertained.
Good harmless old fashioned entertainment
when the music kicked in...

Good...

I hope you enjoyed my performance as a drunken cowboy In the saloon scene with Helena Bonham Carter.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Pics !!!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Iam better looking than him

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I am not one of those pc talking dudes - in fact I often am chided by my more standard-liberal friends, to which I tell them how needless and silly it is to be pc all the time.

That said, I can't believe they remade this extremely ethnocentric story. How does everyone not know that "tonto" is spanish for dumb or stupid? Here's my dumb indian (native american) sidekick, stereotyped out the ass. It's just in really bad taste considering the ethnic cleansing of our country's past and all.

www.spanishdict.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

reply to post by olaru12

Pics !!!

www.youtube.com...

Don't blink....

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Money is still made when HUGE movies fail...too bad really.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

What time are you on?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

reply to post by olaru12

What time are you on?

Actually I was so far in the background I wouldn't have even recognized myself if I didn't know which scene I was in. 1:02
edit on 24-7-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

It takes more than J. Depp to make a good movie. The stunts, CGI, SFX were fantastic but I still can't even recommend seeing it on the big screen.

Funny how just a title can make or break a movie. As 'The Lone Ranger' this movie was a HUGE disappointment. They made the man in the mask a bumbling idiot. However, if the movie had been titled, "Johnny Depp as an Indian", it would have been hilarious.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

I hope you enjoyed my performance as a drunken cowboy In the saloon scene with Helena Bonham Carter.

Now I HAVE to see it!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That is actually the best trailer I've seen for it. Funny, seems like Tonto is more like Remo Williams' "Chun" character.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

reply to post by olaru12

Pics !!!

www.youtube.com...

Don't blink....

Well, we can't really see, but I'll definitively check you out!
I also see, in a U2U you gave me couple of months ago, that you'll play in "Transcendence". Isn't that the sci-fi movie with Johnny Depp, Morgan Freeman, and Cillian Murphy, about a scientist putting his mind in a computer?

As for the Lone Ranger, I can't wait to see it. I know people says that it isn't like the original, but it wasn't supposed to be. And as long as the tribe concerned (Comanche) were happy, I would say that the filmmakers did a good job.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

I auditioned for the part of the Telegraph operator in the first 10min of this movie but didn't get the part.

It would have been nice to have gotten SAG union scale, but a few days of background/extra work was very welcome.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

reply to post by starheart

I auditioned for the part of the Telegraph operator in the first 10min of this movie but didn't get the part.

It would have been nice to have gotten SAG union scale, but a few days of background/extra work was very welcome.

Well, one day you'll get lucky. You never know.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
A lot of people rip on this movie but I thought it was entertaining. The last act was amazing. I also liked old tonto retelling the story to a young boy. That part was kind of sad. This great warrior living the rest of his days as a living exhibit. It reminded me of that other indian, I think his name is oshi or yoshi, he lived out his days as a living exhibit too. The last of his kind.

new topics

top topics

join