It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test of Psychic Powers, for Smokers..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Your welcome NewAgeMan.

I'm not actually trying to test anything, I just do it. I'm not trying to prove anything to myself. I feel like I'm at the age ( in my thirties) of just accepting it as a part of who I am, and what I can do.

I do wish you great success with your testing/ experiments. Thanks for posting such an interesting thread, and I was glad I could help in any little way.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Yes, the absentmindedness is the zenmind I've written about or if you reach into the energy pocket/wave, rapidly without thought.

Yes, it would seem that the domain of infinite intelligence can only be accessed in a state of absolute trust and expectation, but without concern for an attachment to an outcome. It's a strange paradox, because at the same time, the intent is also key, so it's a gentle intentionality, and an entirely spontaneous one that is capable of realizing a desired outcome. Strong desire however is no good, but a gentle, spontaneous light one definitely is. This could equally apply to a person's ability to "manifest" the good life, and I'm not simply referring to material success, but every aspect of which that is a part.

This leads me to believe that the true nature of God is gentleness and kindness and light-hearted spontaneity, not a hard will bent on a particular outcome, but a light one stretched out in an acausal, connecting principal that is non-local and holographic or one that embraces the whole of reality as it is while gently yet quickly moving it in the direction of a favored outcome, and there is humor there.

edit on 25-7-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Yes, but what's not funny about it or apparently not funny, at least from the POV where it's not yet gotten, is that first, in order to really get it, and recognize (re cognize) you have to be prepared to cry, so it's a joke that's capable of wiping away the tears from our eyes and uplifting us from our knees if only we had the humility and good sense to fully come clean and admit that we were absurd in refusing to accept ourselves as sacred beings in the first place, for no other reason than everything that deserves to be laughed at and brought to ridicule.

Its the whole dignity thing. To get it you have to understand your material and have a morning constitutional, to procreact you have to be naked and vulnerable with another in the same state of mind. To really get it is to know you are a human and are falible 'jokes' amoungst ourselves even--we can laugh at our predicament, the only mammals on the planet that understand the life/death cycle---WHO can cope with this knowledge. BUDDA I suppose and even he had a sense of humor of the human condition and its ultimate individual demise (old age, disease, murder). We are absurd, we should not be here in this absurdity because no one dignified would accept this lifetime or the many we had before it. Im not sure is a humbling process or a "JUST GET OVER YOURSELVES" end game.

NewAgeMan
Therefore I have this theory that there resides a joke, waiting in the wings, so to speak that is capable of saving the whole world once it starts to circle in one form or another, as a great joke of life told at the experience of all our prior ignorance, absurdity and ridiculous stupidity and willful blindness to protect something that is of no value or substance to begin with!

The joke is the tether that allows laughter, dispells everything negative. Thats the magic of humor.

NewAgeMan
We are afraid to laugh at God's joke simply because we are afraid to cry and experience the sorrow, maybe even "the horror" so I guess Marlin Brando's character in Apocalypse Now simply didn't have the presence of mind to get the punch line after "the HOR-ROR" capable of restoring us not only to our child-like, good-natured charm, mirth and humor, and playful creativity, but also to our sanity, by having the courage to go insane to go into sanity, but it's a world of signs and wonders and that scares me a bit because you CAN get carried away if you're not careful and start projecting, especially if you were to fancy yourself at the crux of a cosmic axis of good and evil playing itself out on the learning stage of the earth plane because then you might end up in a great clash with a devil of your own making!

We wont laugh at Gods joke because we are afraid to; not realizing we are it in the first place, and not really understanding who we are are fully justified to fien understanding (of nothing because the teachers have been less than adequate). Marlon Brando, and the Horror--yes he saw the horror as the human specie not understanding its fit within the unviverse; and as the commander of that camp could be God and reign as a God. He saw the weakness/chink within the human soul and exploited it through fear and intimidation. How many times has this happened in 'real causal effect' throughout history? Too many to count. To what purpose to shackle and harness human will.
edit on 25-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Your lighter reminds me of an experience a friend of mine and I did a while ago.

We each other held the hidden side in front of each other, one by one, a full pack of cards each with the only question asked 52 times : What color is the card.

We wrote down every results, week after week.

Surprisingly, we got better and better at guessing which color the card was, black or red" even tough it's just "luck".
It's like we gained little by little "psychic powers".

Who knows?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Yes, the absentmindedness is the zenmind I've written about or if you reach into the energy pocket/wave, rapidly without thought.

What ever you have pre-composed (pre--thought) is without merit. This is exsistencial thinking, DaDa, automatic writing; free flow form from the mind PURE INTENT equals PURE RESULTS.
edit on 25-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

LOLOLOL Smoker here, and I don't care if I'm pulling a lighter, a coin, or keys from my pocket, the thing I want is always the last thing to come out. I also choose the wrong pocket to start with.

I think it is safe to say that you are not a psychic.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Update:

My apparent "luck" seems to have run out and was either a very VERY unusual & weird statistical improbability, or, upon announcing the experiment and becoming overly mindful, I just lost the ability. Now my aversion to the neon green lighter seems to make it keep on appearing over and again when I'm "asking" for the blue but not really sure of the outcome ie: just guessing, so I'm wanting and hoping for blue, but getting green most of the time..

However, what we've seen so far is that my aversion to the green lighter is someone else's (Rainbowresidue's) absolute favorite (albeit it might not be neon green) to which they are as attached as I am to my blue one, while the blue lighter appears to have "twinned" by serendipitous synchronicity with it's "clone" ending up, inexplicably, on vethumanbeing's outdoor table - I'll bet VHB, that it was just sitting there but standing up, not laying down, that's how mine presented itself to me - am I right?

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
This morning a blue bic lighter appeared on the table outside, I had recollection of one black one and one orange one, the other color used up. I buy them in packs of 3 and the last one did not have a blue lighter within it. I am NOT kidding.

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

There you go, see how powerful this stuff is! lol

Seriously true. Syncronicity. I actually questioned its existence. Things appear and disappear frequently around here. Embroidered Altarcloth 4x8 ft in the pantry manifests out of nowhere, too many to mention; some very funny.

and occurring the very same day of the announced experiment here on ATS.. preceded only by the astonishing appearance of a fine embroidered alter cloth in the pantry (of all things).

Therefore, while on the one hand I've failed to prove myself a powerful psychic smoker, on the other hand, at some deep fundamental level the experiment may very well have been a success but in a way and a manner not by expectation, or simply put as a pleasant suprise in spite of and in the face of human failings and shortcomings.

Serendipitous Synchronicity:

The faculty for discovering hidden treasure not sought after often in the the form of meaningful coincidences occurring via an as yet unknown or not fully explored and understood acausal connecting principal.

~ NAM

Best regards,

NAM

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Just cam back in from a smoke with GREEN in mind except when I brought out the lighter which I managed to do absentmindedly, probably because I am absent minded sometimes when it comes to lighting up and, drumroll... it WAS green - THANK YOU JESUS!

reply to post by jiggerj

Maybe that's because you don't have Christ who is universal infinite intelligence and awareness even of the unknown unknown until it becomes known. JK! ..i think..

And every time the almighty takes time out from miraculously curing cancer and feeding the hungry to help you pick the right cigarette lighter from your pocket, you yell, "THANK YOU JESUS!" Just kidding. I think.

However, for personal, theological reasons I must now discontinue the experiment at this time as it relates to me anyway maybe even try to quit smoking altogether eventually (but it's hard as a lifelong smoker).

"Though shalt not put the Lord God to the test."

~ Deuteronomy (and one of the lines Jesus used to rebuff the devil)

Best regards,

NAM

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

Your lighter reminds me of an experience a friend of mine and I did a while ago.

We each other held the hidden side in front of each other, one by one, a full pack of cards each with the only question asked 52 times : What color is the card.

Surprisingly, we got better and better at guessing which color the card was, black or red" even tough it's just "luck".

Who knows?

It makes sense, especially between friends or with people who have a psychic connection which happens through familiarity, but you guys would have to be sitting back to back without touching because even the slight subtle difference in feeling between red and black could carry with it extremely subtle social cues.

The person who's looking at the turned card could then signal with a word like "next" or "card" just before they turn over each new card, so that nothing in their voice inflection can betray the nature of the card.

Anyone could try this, and it's very similar to this experiment.

I'll betcha that friends can do it better than strangers and that the psychically linked pair will by far exceed 50% over time, and could easily show improvement over time.

Thanks for this contribution.

NAM

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Just cam back in from a smoke with GREEN in mind except when I brought out the lighter which I managed to do absentmindedly, probably because I am absent minded sometimes when it comes to lighting up and, drumroll... it WAS green - THANK YOU JESUS!

reply to post by jiggerj

Maybe that's because you don't have Christ who is universal infinite intelligence and awareness even of the unknown unknown until it becomes known. JK! ..i think..

And every time the almighty takes time out from miraculously curing cancer and feeding the hungry to help you pick the right cigarette lighter from your pocket, you yell, "THANK YOU JESUS!" Just kidding. I think.

However, for personal, theological reasons I must now discontinue the experiment at this time as it relates to me anyway maybe even try to quit smoking altogether eventually (but it's hard as a lifelong smoker).

"Though shalt not put the Lord God to the test."

~ Deuteronomy (and one of the lines Jesus used to rebuff the devil)

Best regards,

NAM

Good luck! Quitting is on my mind every day. I'm trying to make a habit out of the E-cig, but it's still so freakin' hard.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
If you are a Sensitive, you can pick up on the residual energy you put on your own lighters while you were first observing them. I'm not sure that this is enough to call yourself Psychic, or even a Sensitive. Have you had any other similar or relevant experiences? I think Psychic is such a broadly used term, when in reality, there are more specific terms for each gift.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Blue and red lighters should work even better. Whenever I am in tune with the universe or at least have some important insight (of which I'm sure is just new to me but probably not to others) the smoke I exhale can turn into a perfect circle. When I try I usually fail but when I don't and don't pay attention is when rings occur during certain thoughts. It appears somewhat similar to me as how dolphins create circles of air underwater only I do it with smoke above water.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

Who knows?

It makes sense, especially between friends or with people who have a psychic connection which happens through familiarity, but you guys would have to be sitting back to back without touching because even the slight subtle difference in feeling between red and black could carry with it extremely subtle social cues.

The person who's looking at the turned card could then signal with a word like "next" or "card" just before they turn over each new card, so that nothing in their voice inflection can betray the nature of the card.

Anyone could try this, and it's very similar to this experiment.

I'll betcha that friends can do it better than strangers and that the psychically linked pair will by far exceed 50% over time, and could easily show improvement over time.

Thanks for this contribution.

NAM

People should give this a try..

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Originally posted byNewAgeMan
Update:

veteranhumanbeing
Seriously true. Syncronicity. I actually questioned its existence. Things appear and disappear frequently around here. Embroidered Altarcloth 4x8 ft in the pantry manifests out of nowhere, too many to mention; some very funny.

NewAgeMan
and occurring the very same day of the announced experiment here on ATS.. preceded only by the astonishing appearance of a fine embroidered alter cloth in the pantry (of all things).
Therefore, while on the one hand I've failed to prove myself a powerful psychic smoker, on the other hand, at some deep fundamental level the experiment may very well have been a success but in a way and a manner not by expectation, or simply put as a pleasant suprise in spite of and in the face of human failings and shortcomings.

Serendipitous Synchronicity: The faculty for discovering hidden treasure not sought after often in the the form of meaningful coincidences occurring via an as yet unknown or not fully explored and understood acausal connecting principal.~ NAM
Best regards, NAM

The blue lighter (celestial blue was upright). The embroidered altercloth did not appear this day but much prior to. It is white cotton with light blue thread embelishment it took months if not years to make, and I have no idea why it appeared until it was made clear I had to drape and babtize a totally unexpected visitor, sprinkle with rose water; that which was another total surprise. There is synchronicity that runs through this universe, we just have to be aware of it and recognise it when it happens as not within our control. This is the magic (in your face stuff thats possible) Ive seen it, Ive experienced it. I do not know why I had to do this but it was planned by others and not within my control to derail THAT strange set of events. I am not denominational as I dislike organized religion, never went to "church" and barely understood the act of a babtism to begin with, yet was tasked with this. In fact, the surprise visiter told ME WHAT TO DO. Who was it?? laughs all around are INSISTED.. a reincarnation of Mary Magdeline (cant even spell it) as I came to understand it, and why me to perform this? Good question, which calls to order WHO AM I to be the select?
edit on 26-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Perhaps, if you are touching them as you are mixing, you are psychically "collapsing the wave function." Maybe just shake your pocket instead?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join