It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test of Psychic Powers, for Smokers..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I'm not only an evolutionary spiritual Christian mystic, but I'm also a smoker (started out as a young rebel to assert my individuality as a minister's son in fact I used to earn my weekly cigarette allowance by ringing the bell on Sundays even though I didn't attend, so I'd ring 18 times, then leave to the astonishment of the old ladies..).

About five days ago, I ended up with two small Bic lighters, in my case one blue (my favorite color) and the other an ugly neon green (don't know why I picked that one to begin with). The blue one I found sitting on a bench, checked it to see if it worked, good quality flame, so I stuck it in my pocket, the green one still present in my pocket but in many ways forgotten, so now I carry two small Bic lighters in my pocket for no other reason than that I have an extra one when the other runs out.

Anyway, as to the psychic power test for smokers, what I've found at least so far is that I am 100% accurate in knowing in advance the color of the lighter I'm pulling out of my pocket when I light up, it's uncanny, and it's as if I'm also intending to pull out the blue one and selectively choosing it in my pocket but both lighters are the exact same light just a different color.

So I guess now I'll try to go for the green one and see what happens, but I've been achieving a statistical improbability in the extreme so far.

I suppose it doesn't have to be a lighter, but I think it needs to be the kind of thing you retrieve from your pocket on a regular basis and have a kind of intimate relationship with as does a smoker with their smoking and well you can't smoke without a light.

Try it and see for yourself.

Best regards,

NAM

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Your ugly "green" lighter.......... is pink

You should video record your findings and post it on you tube... I'm sure it would go viral

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If you used the blue lighter last, it will be "on top" in your pocket. That's why you keep grabbing it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I knew it!
The other day I was sitting on a park bench enjoying a smoke. When I got home I couldn't find my BLUE LIGHTER!
Something inside me told me that ATS held the secret to my missing lighter, and HOLY CRAP the voice was right!

In the interest of science, please keep my lighter and continue your experiments. (We are talking tobacco right?)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

Pink is negative green.

To test this, stare at that pink lighter then after awhile look at a white surface. Voila, negative green.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
If you used the blue lighter last, it will be "on top" in your pocket. That's why you keep grabbing it.

As the experiment continues, I will make sure that the two are well mixed in my pocket after I light up for the next selection.

You may be right, no, just checked my pocket now and the two lighters are both side by side beside my keys, but I'll intentionally set it up so that I'm double blind going forward.

If only I could quit smoking.. for which smoking games like this don't help much I would imagine.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If I were to make a wild guess, it wouldn't be psychic. That really doesn't make much sense, as you are direct and hands on with touch, right? It seems it would be more reasonable to think it has to do with that...especially when there is no better explaining what type of extra sensory perception it would be than how touch could be working here. Don't get me wrong please, I do accept psychic ability at least in a latent form as a given and part of life in everyone. It's not that.

I'm thinking there is something about the two that is subtly different. Obviously not something you're even seeing or picking up on (no pun intended), but your subconscious is. Another wild guess? Tell me if I'm wrong...but you're not exactly a steel worker or anything indoors or out that is physically intensive for wear on your hands....i.e., they're sensitive enough to tell detail?

If I'm totally off on the second part, then I guess however odd it seems, it almost has to be extrasensory by definition. What an interesting story though.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I would be alot more impressed if you could 'blow out' the flame from your lighter with your psychic powers.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
So I guess now I'll try to go for the green one and see what happens, but I've been achieving a statistical improbability in the extreme so far.

Yep, just came back from having a smoke and voila, green, and I made a point of mixing them up while riding down the elevator.

My luck is certain to run out soon, but it's not a selection bias where I'm pulling it out and then seeing the color and saying "i knew it!", no it's like I KNOW in advance the color and they are exactly the same lighter, same texture there is no difference in touch sensitivity, nor any other distinguishing feature except that they are a different color.

And I'm not just pointing to myself I'm suggesting that someone else try it to see what happens to either validate or falsify this apparent phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

LOLOLOL Smoker here, and I don't care if I'm pulling a lighter, a coin, or keys from my pocket, the thing I want is always the last thing to come out. I also choose the wrong pocket to start with.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Maybe that's because you don't have Christ who is universal infinite intelligence and awareness even of the unknown unknown until it becomes known. JK! ..i think..

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What I've found or discovered is that intentionality seems to be key. In other words that I'm not just fumbling around in my pocket and then trying to guess which lighter I have, no I'm intending it in advance and then voila, the right color, every time so far that I've been aware of it anyway. I'm also mixing them around between smokes, so there's no way to tell, but then, when I want a certain color, there it is! It's almost starting to freak me out a bit to be honest.

I'll report the first fail when it happens, honest.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Maybe that's because you don't have Christ who is universal infinite intelligence and awareness even of the unknown unknown until it becomes known. JK! ..i think..

And every time the almighty takes time out from miraculously curing cancer and feeding the hungry to help you pick the right cigarette lighter from your pocket, you yell, "THANK YOU JESUS!" Just kidding. I think.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Good comeback!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FORMe2p00p0n
Your ugly "green" lighter.......... is pink

You should video record your findings and post it on you tube... I'm sure it would go viral

Nha, the clicker part of the pink one is neon green, maybe some wierd transference happening; or will discover it is colorblind. Ive known people well into their forties that never knew the difference between green and red, (even if taking a driving licensing test, signal light strip Red at the top yellow middle green bottom good old stop sign is grey with white STOP octogon) . I think its point was made and a good experiment to try..NAM, you come up with the best ways to enlighten the unsuspecting.
edit on 24-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I like your signature!

3. God is the only one who really gets the joke, sadly. 4. Whoever gets the joke and laughs is one with God, but too afraid to take the stage lest no one laugh.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

reply to post by vethumanbeing

I like your signature!

3. God is the only one who really gets the joke, sadly. 4. Whoever gets the joke and laughs is one with God, but too afraid to take the stage lest no one laugh.

I KNOW, but if God is within us (as I suspect is) we should get the joke whether we like it or not--tomatoes flying from the stage and audience at each other. Yes, whoever gets the joke laughs and is one with 'circumstance of being' (Buddists call it understanding suffering part and parcel to being human but find joy in the beauty of your environment, and how all connects) but is too PROUD to proclaim itself.

5. If you are afraid to laugh would mean you fear God, and that would be tragic.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Lets say the normal pocket was large enough to accomodate keys, small change and a wad of kleenex, (10 lighters of the same size and manufacture) this theory would not work.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
I knew it!
The other day I was sitting on a park bench enjoying a smoke. When I got home I couldn't find my BLUE LIGHTER!
Something inside me told me that ATS held the secret to my missing lighter, and HOLY CRAP the voice was right!

This morning a blue bic lighter appeared on the table outside, I had recollection of one black one and one orange one, the other color used up. I buy them in packs of 3 and the last one did not have a blue lighter within it. I am NOT kidding.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join